OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Jville":6cgmu2z2 said:
hawksurething":6cgmu2z2 said:
AgentDib":6cgmu2z2 said:
hawksurething":6cgmu2z2 said:
Its not what I think...its just what they have done on the field with their given snaps. this is how profootball focus rates players. Opinions are not factual data.
Misleading information is worse than no information and "factual data" that does not include team dynamics in a team oriented sport is misleading. That being said, FO is the source that relies mainly on data. PFF's selling point is that their rankings are opinion based and the result of grading individual plays while taking into account all the pertinent factors. The problem is that this is a closed process and from the outside you have to decide whether you are willing to trust a black box approach or not. I simply am not.

I'm keep it factual. Maxwell has a NFL rating of 81,which is only better than 81 qualifying CBs. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... ay-be-key/

53+53=106. So max is the 27th best CB in the NFL. See how easy it is to see the true when you add up the data ? Football is a game of numbers & will. Max has the will,but his numbers are only 27th,making him a 27th ranked #1CB if he played that position. There are CBs in free agency ranked much higher for the hawks at less money due to media and opinions :)

Its my mission to make hawks fans the smartest in the world...get them off of the opinion boat,the get them aboard the data Boat ;)

LOL Whose data Boat? Yours?

That's not my data,that is pro football focus !

It may be hard to relinquish an opinion way of thought,But you can see this data from any other analysis website ;)

Jville

Reaction score
hawksurething":38yhh72f said:
AgentDib":38yhh72f said:
hawksurething":38yhh72f said:
Its not what I think...its just what they have done on the field with their given snaps. this is how profootball focus rates players. Opinions are not factual data.
Misleading information is worse than no information and "factual data" that does not include team dynamics in a team oriented sport is misleading. That being said, FO is the source that relies mainly on data. PFF's selling point is that their rankings are opinion based and the result of grading individual plays while taking into account all the pertinent factors. The problem is that this is a closed process and from the outside you have to decide whether you are willing to trust a black box approach or not. I simply am not.

I'm keep it factual. Maxwell has a NFL rating of 81,which is only better than 81 qualifying CBs. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... ay-be-key/

53+53=106. So max is the 27th best CB in the NFL. See how easy it is to see the true when you add up the data ? Football is a game of numbers & will. Max has the will,but his numbers are only 27th,making him a 27th ranked #1CB if he played that position. There are CBs in free agency ranked much higher for the hawks at less money due to media and opinions :)

Its my mission to make hawks fans the smartest in the world...get them off of the opinion boat,the get them aboard the data Boat ;)

Lets try this again .... Who chooses the data Boat? You?

There are 32 unique grading systems in the league. Most staffed by full time team unique employees. What about those data boats?

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawksurething":1ppucmo4 said:
AgentDib":1ppucmo4 said:
hawksurething":1ppucmo4 said:

So let's as the 12th man start focusing on the top 3 data players avalible at each position,instead of the top 3 opinion hype players,so that we may continue to have a solid roster forever.

We're gonna need a bigger boat.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawksurething":3c3xrobd said:
AgentDib":3c3xrobd said:
hawksurething":3c3xrobd said:

So let's as the 12th man start focusing on the top 3 data players avalible at each position,instead of the top 3 opinion hype players,so that we may continue to have a solid roster forever.

Not every team plays the same way on Defense. Every Defense is unique. The Seahawks have their own style of play, schemes, and play calls. It's not as simple as stacking up all the CBs and saying that one is better than another because of raw numbers, especially when you are looking for a replacement. Teams have to take into account how a player will be able to play and succeed in their system. Most of the players on that list of CBs may be "ranked higher" by PFF, but Maxwell is a better CB than most of them (if not all of them) for the Seahawks.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
All very interesting....

Rotoworld ranks Maxwell as the #1 CB available in free agency
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/5 ... gents?pg=2

Sports Illustrated does not rank the CB's, but clearly believes that Maxwell is near the top of the rankings
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/02/05/2015-n ... on-flowers

Point is - PFF uses their own personal ranking SYSTEM to rank positions. These are not quantitative and measurable data points used by all. PFF uses a proprietary system to rank players. MANY people disagree with they way PFF collects and measures data. Can be somewhat helpful in some instances, but you would really have a hard time convincing anyone that Maxwell is at least not near the top of the FA CB pool.

And his 8-10 million a year contract will confirm this

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Maxwell is overrated. He was average in 2014. A lot of people are judging him on his dominant 2013 play.

But he will get paid big time because of his age and supply in demand via free agency and draft.

But I dont think hes a #1 corner, hes a jack of all trades, great in run support, and doesnt get beat deep very often in man and can play inside if needed.

While he has flashed great ball skills, they are too inconsistent, he gives up too much space underneath, and gets away with a lot of contact without ever looking for the ball.

They're enough quality things to like about him but he's replaceable in our defense.

If he didnt have his 2013 campaign, Im not so certain his stock would be as high right now.

I was expecting him to dominate like he did in 2013, going into a contract year, but he only managed to capitalize on 2 regular season INTs despite recieving a lot of targets opposite of Sherman.

Im a believer in Simon, lot of people are judging him based off his post-season play but the dude was playing on a bad shoulder and finger while being rather inexperienced. Tom Brady will eat those guys alive every game. Guys built like Benjamin, only weakness are themselves ie stone hands, commitment etc.

I think Simon will at least be average with the potential to be special. There is no doubt if he's the guy next year... Carroll, Richard, and Seto will be holding him to heightened expectations.

And not only the coaches but we can expect Earl, Sherman, and Chancellor to be in his face for every mistake.

Especially Earl who is going to be sidelined, that dude will continue to lay down the law and hes gonna be in every young guys face coaching them up.

I also expect the Seahawks to keep Shead and possibly move him back to CB if guys like Dion Bailey, Steve Terrell, and Eric Pinkins show up at the safety position.

Name: Byron Maxwell (Deshawn Shead)
Height: 6002 (6011)
Weight: 202 (220)
40 Yrd Dash: 4.43 (4.53)
20 Yrd Dash: 2.60 (2.71)
10 Yrd Dash: 1.57 (1.59)
Bench Reps: 24 (24)
Vertical Jump: 33 (38)
Broad Jump: 10'04" (10'01")
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.49 (4.23)
3-Cone Drill: 7.12 (6.76)

Maxwell has 33.5 inch arm lengh, Shead probably at least meets the 32 inch requirement since the Seahawks tried to play him at CB his first two training camps but the eye test says they look longer.

I think Maxwell plays about 205, so if Shead drops 15 pounds, his speed probably excels into the mid 4.4s, mid 2.6s, mid 1.5s. And his other directional movement tests probably recieve a boost as well.

With Sheads safety experience, he probably could compete inside or out.

Besides whether or not Shead plays at CB or S, it would make sense for him to sacrfice bulk to top off his athleticism with Thomas on the back-burner.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Spleenhawk2.0":2x2p7e0v said:
All very interesting....

Rotoworld ranks Maxwell as the #1 CB available in free agency
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/5 ... gents?pg=2

Sports Illustrated does not rank the CB's, but clearly believes that Maxwell is near the top of the rankings
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/02/05/2015-n ... on-flowers

Point is - PFF uses their own personal ranking SYSTEM to rank positions. These are not quantitative and measurable data points used by all. PFF uses a proprietary system to rank players. MANY people disagree with they way PFF collects and measures data. Can be somewhat helpful in some instances, but you would really have a hard time convincing anyone that Maxwell is at least not near the top of the FA CB pool.

And his 8-10 million a year contract will confirm this

Hacks, all of them! What does Madden say?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
drrew":uzced51w said:
The one thing I took away from that list is that it looks like Walter Thurmond is back on the market and I wouldn't mind having him back at a low dollar figure considering the Jeremy Lane injuries.

Key phrase being 'low dollar figure.' The guy cannot stay healthy.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":g2xq6vxh said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BleedingGreen/status/573538768512229377[/tweet]

A little deceptive on the tweet. "If they come after me, I'd definitely have to consider them."
Very deceptive. Especially because earlier he said he would love to stay in Seattle, but understands there's a business side to football.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... rnerbacks/

Jackson,culliver,Moore,cox. All good CBs.

Mathis if the hawks need a old stop gap. ;)

All cheaper and better than maxwell. Only problem is hawks need CBs with 32 inch arms to play their defense maybe.

So that leaves only culliver & mathis & maxwell.

I would go with culliver since he is better and cheaper :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious the Seahawks have a number in mind for Maxwell and are prepared to move on if he doesn't accept it. I say to Maxwell go get your money young man you'll likely never have a better chance at it.

I've maintained that the cornerback position opposite Sherman is a dump position for us where either some guy on a rookie contract or a veteran on a lower cost contract will be slotted in.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawksurething":3ee9td6o said:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/02/23/2015-top-free-agents-cornerbacks/

All cheaper and better than maxwell.

Considering we cut Perish Cox after he played two games for us in December 2013 i'd say Maxwell was a better corner in our system.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Basis4day":2uyk2l0j said:
hawksurething":2uyk2l0j said:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/02/23/2015-top-free-agents-cornerbacks/

Considering we cut Perish Cox after he played two games for us in December 2013 i'd say Maxwell was a better corner in our system.

True. I was not done editing. But as you see we need CBs with arm length. 32 inch arm requierment would be ideal i think.

mistaowen

Reaction score
hawksurething":39nak9np said:
Basis4day":39nak9np said:
hawksurething":39nak9np said:

True. I was not done editing. But as you see we need CBs with arm length. 32.5 would be ideal i think.

What happens if the CB has an arm length of 32.4?

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
mistaowen":2jd0xq45 said:
hawksurething":2jd0xq45 said:
Basis4day":2jd0xq45 said:
hawksurething":2jd0xq45 said:

True. I was not done editing. But as you see we need CBs with arm length. 32.5 would be ideal i think.

What happens if the CB has an arm length of 32.4?

Its actually 32 inches I just checked. For the single high safety defense we play. CBs must be able to reach the empty spots in the zone.

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawksurething":266r6wpc said:
Basis4day":266r6wpc said:
hawksurething":266r6wpc said:

True. I was not done editing. But as you see we need CBs with arm length. 32 inch arm requierment would be ideal i think.

Are you ever done editing?

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
Basis4day":lxv44jys said:
hawksurething":lxv44jys said:
Basis4day":lxv44jys said:
hawksurething":lxv44jys said:

Are you ever done editing?

Lol maybe. But yes got out the truth I wanted.

Latest posts