McKissic out 4-6 weeks per Schefter

naholmes

Reaction score
Can McKissic go on the PUP for the first 6 games or not because he already practiced and played? If not I guess he’s headed for IR and he might return week 9 if Prosise is hurt again.

However, there is good news on Penny and it looks like he will be ready for week 1 and maybe even see some action this week. If we head into the season with Carson, Penny, Prosise, and Davis then that is a really solid stable of runners where all of them can carry the load if needed.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":2nrtkecf said:
He's just a guy. I would rather keep Procise over him.

He's not an all-star, but he has a specific skill-set he's very good at, and he hustles at it. Three touchdowns in a season of OL hell is nothing to sneeze at for a backup RB.

Ozzy

Reaction score
getnasty":15vine78 said:
My boy CJ moving up the depth chart.

I'm a CJ apologist too. Hopefully he proves me right at some point.

Jville

Reaction score
^^^ Looking forward to an exciting game 3 audition.

Excellent opportunity for David Moore to finish his audition for a roster spot. :2thumbs: Special Teams + Special Receiver

olyfan63

Reaction score
getnasty":248zr3v6 said:
austinslater25":248zr3v6 said:
getnasty":248zr3v6 said:

CJ Apologist??!! WTF??!! You mean CJ Prosise FAN CLUB? Yeah, yeah, I know, he has to get on the field regularly to be truly worthy of a fan club.

I posted a bunch in the Prosise weekly unavailability thread. I think Prosise has been dealing with an arm/shoulder/wrist injury of a type that takes two years for a full recovery. A running back who can't stiffarm (on one side), who can't hang onto a football (with his bad arm) and can't block when arm extension is called for, and who reinjures his shoulder every time he has to reach up to catch a pass... who wants that on the field? Not the Hawks... so they've made up assorted bogus semi-plausible injuries to list in the meantime. FYI, presenting this as THEORY, not *fact*. "Fractured Scapula" from 2016 injury is a a key data point for this theory. A poster child for the 2-year major shoulder injury recovery theory... Andrew Luck.

Anyway, I hope/believe Prosise is (probably) more or less fully healed now from the major shoulder/arm/wrist injury, and ready to contribute at an NFL level again.

With McKissic and the other RB who played well at times for us last year in the mix, Mike Davis, there was some question about whether Prosise would be kept or cut. McKissic's injury pretty well seals it, although I think Prosise was never really on the bubble as such, any more than Paul Richardson was ever on the bubble.

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":3l7yf4l1 said:
getnasty":3l7yf4l1 said:
austinslater25":3l7yf4l1 said:
getnasty":3l7yf4l1 said:

CJ Apologist??!! WTF??!! You mean CJ Prosise FAN CLUB? Yeah, yeah, I know, he has to get on the field regularly to be truly worthy of a fan club.

I posted a bunch in the Prosise weekly unavailability thread. I think Prosise has been dealing with an arm/shoulder/wrist injury of a type that takes two years for a full recovery. A running back who can't stiffarm (on one side), who can't hang onto a football (with his bad arm) and can't block when arm extension is called for, and who reinjures his shoulder every time he has to reach up to catch a pass... who wants that on the field? Not the Hawks... so they've made up assorted bogus semi-plausible injuries to list in the meantime. FYI, presenting this as THEORY, not *fact*. "Fractured Scapula" from 2016 injury is a a key data point for this theory. A poster child for the 2-year major shoulder injury recovery theory... Andrew Luck.

Anyway, I hope/believe Prosise is (probably) more or less fully healed now from the major shoulder/arm/wrist injury, and ready to contribute at an NFL level again.

With McKissic and the other RB who played well at times for us last year in the mix, Mike Davis, there was some question about whether Prosise would be kept or cut. McKissic's injury pretty well seals it, although I think Prosise was never really on the bubble as such, any more than Paul Richardson was ever on the bubble.

I think Prosise and Darboh have been sharing a bubble bath, both are bubbles especially if Prosise can't get out of pre season clean this year.

olyfan63

Reaction score
chris98251":1nf5e7qk said:
I think Prosise and Darboh have been sharing a bubble bath, both are bubbles especially if Prosise can't get out of pre season clean this year.

I'm with you on the Darboh bubble bath, just don't think it's Prosise he's sharing it with.
OMG all the WR talent the 'Hawks have this year--strongest group and hardest decisions ever, for the coaches at cutdown time, it seems to me. David Moore, Keenan Reynolds (who??!!), guys just coming out of the woodwork making plays.

I do respect the opinion of those who think Prosise could be on the bubble, maybe I've just become a Prosise fanboy, just a hunch I have; I'm rooting for him, and I think the 'Hawks needs at RB are so great, that keeping Prosise is nearly a given. And I'm sticking with my team-reporting-phantom-misleading-Prosise-injuries theory. Unless and until conclusively disproven.

Not that Prosise did a bunch vs. Vikings; maybe his best play was a block for McGough that allowed McGough to run for the first down. Prosise had one nice North-South run also.

Gotta say, *Mike Davis* has been impressive this preseason with the 1's. Awesome work he's been doing.

Fade

Reaction score
Mr. Glass is on the team now as the 3rd down back with McKissic out.

Carson - Starter
Davis - Backup
Mr. Glass - 3rd down

Will they waive injured McKissic to free up his roster spot, and hope they can get him back later in the year, or will they carry him on the inactive roster until he gets healthy. I am inclined to choose the latter, but now they already are doing that for Jamarco Jones, and Ed Dickson could be in the same boat as well.

they are running out of bottom of the roster space to carry injured players.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Terrance West is available.....not flashy but can be solid.