Me3 vs Chiefs

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Wonder how all these Wilson stans coming out of the woodwork are going to spin positively out of this one.

Of course he’ll probably throw 2 TDs and make it close and it’ll be the same ole blame game… if only so and so….

keasley45

Reaction score
How can people still defend or think dangerwich is still good????? Its embarrassing to watch...

Yup. Because he stacks stats. Comp percentage is always good because he never throws until the wr is open by 4 yards.

Same reason his INTs are low. If he was ever forced to throw the ball per the playcall when the wr was 'NFL' open, his numbers wouldn't be nearly as good because he can't see the field well enough and doesn't throw with anticipation.

TDs are spectacular because he's often running around until he finds the wr who's db got lost and hits him deep.

The folks who are critical of him get accused of being butt hurt, but I've asked anyone who's a supporter of his as 'greatest this' or that to have a substantive convo about xs and os qbing and his play on the field and the only response you get is some quote of a stat... he's the winningest qb blah blah... highest completion percentage... TDs, Superbowl champion...etc. Or if you show blatant proof of his inability to play the spot effectively, you get accused of cherry picking. So you either thinks he's great, or you hate him and have sour grapes over his departure. I mean, even Marshawn prefaced his thoughts on him with, ' no matter what I say, I'm gonna be accused of looking at him with malace... ' or something like that.

But the reason he looks so bad now and didn't before is because when he was younger he was willing to RG3 it. And... Pete was so effective at covering over his shortcomings so that he never fell too far, but when he was able to soar, he did so spectacularly. Now that the safety net that was PC is gone, he still flies high on occassion and he still won't throw the damn ball when he's supposed to so his INTs are low and his completion percentage, high. But when he is made to run a traditional passing offense at the level you'd expect a vet like him to, his falls are pretty spectacular.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I really hope Marvin Harrison Jr doesn't end up getting drafted into this disaster. He deserves better than Russ.
I don't know about Harrison but Caleb definitely has leverage and has already said he is watching who gets the number 1 pick I bet my bottom dollar Harrison is doing the exact same concerning the number 2 pick. NIL money changed the landscape also.

strohmin

Reaction score
Yup. Because he stacks stats. Comp percentage is always good because he never throws until the wr is open by 4 yards.

Same reason his INTs are low. If he was ever forced to throw the ball per the playcall when the wr was 'NFL' open, his numbers wouldn't be nearly as good because he can't see the field well enough and doesn't throw with anticipation.

TDs are spectacular because he's often running around until he finds the wr who's db got lost and hits him deep.

The folks who are critical of him get accused of being butt hurt, but I've asked anyone who's a supporter of his as 'greatest this' or that to have a substantive convo about xs and os qbing and his play on the field and the only response you get is some quote of a stat... he's the winningest qb blah blah... highest completion percentage... TDs, Superbowl champion...etc. Or if you show blatant proof of his inability to play the spot effectively, you get accused of cherry picking. So you either thinks he's great, or you hate him and have sour grapes over his departure. I mean, even Marshawn prefaced his thoughts on him with, ' no matter what I say, I'm gonna be accused of looking at him with malace... ' or something like that.

But the reason he looks so bad now and didn't before is because when he was younger he was willing to RG3 it. And... Pete was so effective at covering over his shortcomings so that he never fell too far, but when he was able to soar, he did so spectacularly. Now that the safety net that was PC is gone, he still flies high on occassion and he still won't throw the damn ball when he's supposed to so his INTs are low and his completion percentage, high. But when he is made to run a traditional passing offense at the level you'd expect a vet like him to, his falls are pretty spectacular.
Lol they blame the wr now for not getting open. Why should the Wr get open when he never throws it to them on their initial route. He throws it to them mostly when they run the extra Russball route.

NoGain

Reaction score
RW rarely trusted his receivers in Seattle, especially in the first half. How many times did I jump up from the couch and scream "just give them a chance to win the play" within the offensive scheme.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I don't know about Harrison but Caleb definitely has leverage and has already said he is watching who gets the number 1 pick I bet my bottom dollar Harrison is doing the exact same concerning the number 2 pick. NIL money changed the landscape also.
Imagine if Caleb liked the winner of the first overall pick and ended up declaring for the draft, just for Drake to get picked first and Caleb to land on a team he didn't want to be drafted by, and end up pulling an Eli Manning.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Imagine if Caleb liked the winner of the first overall pick and ended up declaring for the draft, just for Drake to get picked first and Caleb to land on a team he didn't want to be drafted by, and end up pulling an Eli Manning.
If that happens believe me he will pull an Eli.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I really hope Marvin Harrison Jr doesn't end up getting drafted into this disaster. He deserves better than Russ.

Salary-cap issues will make it painful for the Broncos to move on from Wilson before 2025 (still painful then, but significantly less so), and I love that, but even so, I'm not completely sure Wilson will be the Broncos' starting quarterback in 2024.

I am so glad the latest CBA for the NFL is in effect through 2030, so there's basically no way for Broncos ownership, even bribing a bunch of other NFL owners, to get an "amnesty clause" like the NBA's CBA has had in the past. The NFLPA would never accept a change like that to a ratified CBA.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

It's not right to refer to the action known as a "John Elway" as an "Eli Manning." Please, let's give credit where it's due. Eli Manning pulled a John Elway.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Ugly game last night. That has to be one of the worst games I've seen Russell put up. His final numbers were 13-22 for a measly 95 yards or 3.2 yards per attempt, 1 TD and 2 INT's, sacked 4 times. Russell's on pace to equal his league leading 55 sacks from last year. He must have had 4-5 passes batted down at the LOS, one of them accounting for one of his interceptions, the other pick being an unforced bad read. They were on the way to Payton's first ever shutout until they scored late in the 4th quarter. The Donkeys are now 1-5 on the season, 5-16 with Russell as a starter. Some fans are calling for them to tank the season and enter into the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.

Mahomes didn't look that much better. Fortunately for the Chiefs, their PK had a great game, connecting on two long distance FG's into a swirling wind. If all they can manage is one TD against a defense that gave up 70 points in one game...well, it's still early, but I'm not at all impressed with the Chiefs. The best teams seem to reside in the NFC this season.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Yeah but there is a date he has to be cut by, or they owe him all of 2024 also. Right?
Me3's 2024 salary ($17M) is/was fully guaranteed when he signed his contract extension.

If he is still on the Donkeys' roster as of March 21, 2024, his 2025 salary ($37M) is fully guaranteed.

OTC.com Source

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Me3's 2024 salary ($17M) is/was fully guaranteed when he signed his contract extension.

If he is still on the Donkeys' roster as of March 21, 2024, his 2025 salary ($37M) is fully guaranteed.

OTC.com Source

And if he's not still on the Broncos roster as of March 21 of 2024, the Broncos have $85M of dead money on their cap.

Seriously, the only way I can imagine this situation being more entertaining for me would be if The Teeth were still in charge in Denver.