Media ignoring Harvin's return

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Harvin isn't Desean Jackson? Are you kidding? I will say it again. He was the FRONTRUNNER for MVP before going out against us last year. Two completely different players with different styles. Harvin will draw attention away from Tate, Baldwin and even Lynch and Wilson for that matter. Even if he isn't 100% you still have to account for him with additional help. Its a big deal trust me. If he plays 20+ snaps it will make a big difference. He may not catch 7 balls for 140 yards but he will make the whole offense more efficient. Before bringing a safety down on the line of scrimmage you have to worry about Harvin over the top. So either Lynch has more room to run or the passing game opens up.

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
CANHawk":2w76ny4v said:
Krod <3 stats.

Coming from a guy whose team has had plenty of "decoys" that is an overrated term in the nfl.....and stats are how you judge players I don't know how else you would.....I mean if you want to rate a player on potential which is how guys like Vick made a career then fine but potential won't win you a game, now it will get you a big paycheck....

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Great article on SI. thanks for sharing.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Was listening to Mike and Mike this morning when they were interviewing Howie Long. They were talking playoffs of course and Howie said he had a chance to see Harvin this week in practice and the word he used to describe his current condition is "dynamic", FWIW.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Krodwhodat":1gw9fwk6 said:
Penman96":1gw9fwk6 said:
Harvin's past play against the Saints is irrelevant. Especially if the main reference is the one Vikings / Saints playoff game in NO. This is a different scheme for Harvin - the load isn't all on his shoulders anymore.

And its a different defense for the Saints - against the Vikings keying on Harvin as the main pass threat was a option, now it isn't.

I'd be overjoyed to see Harvin occupy Keenan Lewis all day (if Lewis could even do that) because it would leave Tate, Baldwin, and Kearse freed up. The Saints secondary isn't as strong as it was last time they saw Harvin, if he takes away the Saints only decent corner I'm predicting a good day for our other receivers. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Harvin isn't as strong as the last time he saw the saints as well. Let's be realistic. The guy is not in football shape. It takes a few weeks to get up to par. He will get winded. It will be wet trying to cut on that hip. Getting hit a few times. He's not the same gut that you would see had he been playing 5 weeks. You guys know this as well.

What ever helps you sleep tonight son...But I would suggest Bourbon!

Go Hawks!

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
Wartooth":1ntcciwa said:
Krodwhodat":1ntcciwa said:
Penman96":1ntcciwa said:
Harvin's past play against the Saints is irrelevant. Especially if the main reference is the one Vikings / Saints playoff game in NO. This is a different scheme for Harvin - the load isn't all on his shoulders anymore.

And its a different defense for the Saints - against the Vikings keying on Harvin as the main pass threat was a option, now it isn't.

I'd be overjoyed to see Harvin occupy Keenan Lewis all day (if Lewis could even do that) because it would leave Tate, Baldwin, and Kearse freed up. The Saints secondary isn't as strong as it was last time they saw Harvin, if he takes away the Saints only decent corner I'm predicting a good day for our other receivers. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Harvin isn't as strong as the last time he saw the saints as well. Let's be realistic. The guy is not in football shape. It takes a few weeks to get up to par. He will get winded. It will be wet trying to cut on that hip. Getting hit a few times. He's not the same gut that you would see had he been playing 5 weeks. You guys know this as well.

What ever helps you sleep tonight son...But I would suggest Bourbon!

Go Hawks!

I'll sleep fine no pressure on us. We are expected to lose. When we win I'm going to be worried about the well being of the Seahawks fans. You guys are so high right now that the trip down will not be a fun one.....

rightbench

Reaction score
you're spending your day trying to talk your team up to a bunch of seahawks fans. you're obviously not "pressure free."

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
rightbench said:
you're spending your day trying to talk your team up to a bunch of seahawks fans. you're obviously not "pressure free."[/

Pointing out facts....

kobebryant

Reaction score
I really don't think this Saints fan is really out of line for questioning how effective Percy Harvin is going to be tomorrow.

If we are being objective as Seahawks fans the truth is that we really do not know, one way or the other. Could he make a huge impact based upon the type of rare, game-changing and explosive athlete he has shown himself to be ? sure he could, and I hope he makes a huge difference.

But it really is the great unknown at this point; for all intents and purposes we have yet to see him as a Hawk and have a very slim idea of what it is going to look like. Throw in the fact that it has been over a year since he last played an entire NFL game and it is fair to question if he can step right into the playoffs and have a big impact. Now, I wouldn't be shocked if he has a huge game, as he is a rare athletic specimen; but enthusiasm should be tempered.

Even if Harvin's rust shows, Baldwin can still burn Malcolm Jenkins all over the place like he did last time, Roman Harper still sucks in coverage and Corey White shouldn't be starting in the NFL, and we all remember how slow Heater is.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Krodwhodat":2086qqpo said:
rightbench":2086qqpo said:
you're spending your day trying to talk your team up to a bunch of seahawks fans. you're obviously not "pressure free."[/

Pointing out facts....

what facts? havent seen any. just some hopeful assumptions.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It is weird to me also but it's going to fun watching all the jaws dropping and the backpedalling that will occur around 4:30 PM PST tomorrow.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Harvin's impact is not just on offense. He's going to affect special teams and the field position as well. Making a short field for Seattle's offense is going to spell problems for the Saints. Even if we don't score, that backs NO up and that will help our defense. This guy is a game changing guy. Pete talked in the offseason about adding guys to the roster that can make big splash plays. I think it's an insult to talk about Jackson or Crabtree in the same sentence with Harvin. And if that wasn't enough, the Saints LB corp took a hit losing their best run stopping LB, and the rest are liabilities in the passing game. I just fail to see where our offense continues to sputter in this one.

13thMan

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":1ismvmwi said:
Its funny. The reason the 49ers are so confident that they can go into Carolina and win is that Crabtree is back. Harvin >> Crabtree

Well, to be fair, the Niners haven't lost SINCE Crabtree has been in the lineup.

I do agree with the other posters though RE: What exactly does the media have to speculate on where Harvin is concerned? He is just a huge unknown at this point...

The biggest impact Harvin will have is simply the fact that the Saints probably spent some time game planning for him with very little to go on... That in and of itself certainly impacted their preparation.

chris98251

Reaction score
13thMan":ha4q8stp said:
CHawkTailGator":ha4q8stp said:
Its funny. The reason the 49ers are so confident that they can go into Carolina and win is that Crabtree is back. Harvin >> Crabtree

Well, to be fair, the Niners haven't lost SINCE Crabtree has been in the lineup.

I do agree with the other posters though RE: What exactly does the media have to speculate on where Harvin is concerned? He is just a huge unknown at this point...

The biggest impact Harvin will have is simply the fact that the Saints probably spent some time game planning for him with very little to go on... That in and of itself certainly impacted their preparation.

Well considering how much we spread the ball around and not use one guy as a go to person I think it's about our scheme and not a specific player anyway. Until we see how we want to use him even nobody can plan. He was just a test drive against Minny and opened up the field having to respect his abilities. I expect the same thing and Baldwin and Tate to get more touches as well as our TE's . More sprint draws and rread options to the side Harvin lines up at due to the defense having to play off and defend the quick pass and crossing patterns to Harvin in the 10 yds area or so from the line of scrimmage to get Harvin the ball in space and in stride. Thats where Lynch or Wilson could get yards on the ground for nice gains.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't care how much attention they give it or not. it makes me laugh though when the media talks about how unstoppable the Niners are because they have Crabtree back, playing against GB, then refer to the Hawks offensive numbers while they played against the Rams, the Cards and the Niners.

It's the same thing about the Saints, who ran the ball against Philly in one game last, but are now a perfectly balanced team, while they refer to the Hawks run defense as vulnerable because the Rams and Bucs had big days on the ground months ago, oh.. and still lost.

Heck, the Saints were here more recently than the Bucs and the game in STL and they had NOTHING, but the Saints can run the ball Saturday because of two games well before that.

The Harvin thing is getting coverage, but they are not talking as if it matters. I really don't mind, I actually think that PC and Percy are pulling off the biggest troll scheme of the year. I get the feeling that Harvin will be available for every game the Hawks play until the season is over. If he is in business, the Hawks are far more dangerous than any other team can comprehend. If healthy, he is the most explosive player left in the NFC playoffs.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Not in football shape? Please... He did fine against MIN. He is a veteran receiver; it is not like he gets hit all that much when is running away from the field ;)

hawk45

Reaction score
Harvin basically was the Minnesota offense last year. With Harvin and a crap QB and a great RB you have an offense.

Seattle has a great RB and Harvin. Oops, also a QB who can gash you for runs in the gusting wind if need be, and who can throw the ball a heckuva lot better than Ponder can in Ponder's wet dreams.

The last time the Saints went all in to stop Lynch, Wilson destroyed them without Harvin. Tomorrow if they load the box, Wilson can flip a short pass to Harvin and then take a powder and watch Harvin go to work.

The Saints face an unstoppable defense at home, and an offense that just gained an MVP caliber player after notching 13 wins.

Nobody can seriously entertain the idea that the AZ game was representative of a Seahawk home performance, or that the Philly game was any kind of proof of jack. Woohoo, you ran the ball against a terrible defense while Brees threw 2 picks and had a QB rating of 75.

I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing blowout before a perhaps closer game vs Carolina or SF the week after. And I'm a registered worrier on this board.