Media, leave Marshawn alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Minne":2qtjpwnb said:
DTexHawk":2qtjpwnb said:
I bet every person in this thread has something in their job requirement that they don't like doing, but they do it because it's part of the job.

Being an NFL player requires that you talk to the media.

Talk, give random answers, get over it.

If you even watched the latest interview, his legs are shaking, he is uncomfortable. when you have tons of cameras in your face wanting you to say something they can blow up, asking questions about beiber and strippers. how is it really relivent to anything?

And just about everyone has had an uncomfortable moment at their jobs.

Possible random answers:

"That question has no bearing on this week."

"I'm concentrating and preparing for the game."

"Next question."

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
I can't even believe this is a story. I'll file it under the media creating their own headlines. Reflects poorly on them, as far as I'm concerned.

Basis4day

Reaction score
DTexHawk":2gbxfcoj said:
Minne":2gbxfcoj said:
DTexHawk":2gbxfcoj said:
I bet every person in this thread has something in their job requirement that they don't like doing, but they do it because it's part of the job.

If you even watched the latest interview, his legs are shaking, he is uncomfortable. when you have tons of cameras in your face wanting you to say something they can blow up, asking questions about beiber and strippers. how is it really relivent to anything?

Possible random answers:

"Next question."

Pretty much exactly what he has said already. And the media is trying to vilify him for it.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
DTexHawk":1ov90p9y said:

It's not "not liking to do something", it's a legit fear of doing something. It is a suffocating fear. Isn't that quite a bit different?

Minne

Reaction score
DTexHawk":33q1pc58 said:
Minne":33q1pc58 said:
DTexHawk":33q1pc58 said:

Possible random answers:

"Next question."

because that is good tv?

Polaris

Reaction score
Minne":wu75tecq said:
because that is good tv?

It's terrible TV and we both know it. What the press is really trying to do is to get Lynch (at this point anyway) to lash out. THAT is the TV they are looking for at this point. It's like a pack of wolves.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Minne":35617k41 said:
DTexHawk":35617k41 said:
Minne":35617k41 said:
DTexHawk":35617k41 said:

Possible random answers:

"Next question."

because that is good tv?

No, because the media would get tired of him and move on to others.

Mission accomplished.

pmedic920

Reaction score
We as a society love dirty laundry. The media will find a way to give it to us, even if it has to be created.
In this case there is NO story, so they are fabricating one.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is quickly becoming one of those "If there is no story we'll make a story" at the expense of an individual situations. This is why the media so distrusted. Apparently the media are officially affronted by Lynch's actions towards them and are complaining to the league seeking punishment or league intervention.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/st ... raight-day

It is becoming a 'face our wrath' situation.

In fact there is more time being spent an analyzing this situation than was actually spent in any interview.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1k9y0x2w said:
DTexHawk":1k9y0x2w said:

It's not "not liking to do something", it's a legit fear of doing something. It is a suffocating fear. Isn't that quite a bit different?

I would venture that most people have a fear of speaking in front of crowds, performing on stage, etc.. but that comes with certain occupations. But by practicing and doing it more it becomes more routine. The fear never leaves completely in some people, but it becomes manageable.

Sorta like many here would have fear of playing football in front of 70,000+ screaming fans and then running around waving for the fans approval and cheers.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The answers the players give are safe, coached, meaningless bs. PC obviously doesn't care if he gives press conferences. It's only the beat reporters who get all self-righteous about it. Like the Beast said, his fans just want him to kick ass on the field.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
They (the reporters having problems with Marshawn) are a bunch of no-talent, lazy-ass hacks who want to keep poking the same dude and write the same story rather than actually do some real work and find a story somewhere else. They want to file a story one hour after the interview and enjoy their "vacation" in New York on the company dime. Screw those turds. The real reporters that were mentioned in this thread don't pull that kind of crap.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1hyafiq5 said:
I'm watching the NFLN as I type. I want to throw a rock at the tv, for the way most are spinning this.

Why are so many worried about this?

Lynch doesn't care what others think.

Pete doesn't care what others think.

Why do so many here care what the media, fans in other towns, etc.. think?

Polaris

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1lpymoex said:
They (the reporters having problems with Marshawn) are a bunch of no-talent, lazy-ass hacks who want to keep poking the same dude and write the same story rather than actually do some real work and find a story somewhere else. They want to file a story one hour after the interview and enjoy their "vacation" in New York on the company dime. Screw those turds. The real reporters that were mentioned in this thread don't pull that kind of crap.

True enough but the (bolded) 'real reports' are marching in lock step and enabling their slimy and lazy bretheren to destroy and act badly. This I don't accept and I hold the entire media accountable. They refuse to police their own.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
In today's day and age of social media, wtf is really the point of media week? I mean really, what question is gonna be asked that means anything at all, and that we dont already know. Just a bunch of dumbass questions.

Brb, why do you like skittles marshawn?

Brb, what's your favorite episode of desperate housewives?

Brb, why do you run so hard?

Etc.

Lol at how pissed off mainstream media is on how the power has essentially been taken from them. We got your back marshawn.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
DTexHawk":2rtfe2yi said:
I would venture that most people have a fear of speaking in front of crowds, performing on stage, etc.. but that comes with certain occupations. But by practicing and doing it more it becomes more routine. The fear never leaves completely in some people, but it becomes manageable.

Sorta like many here would have fear of playing football in front of 70,000+ screaming fans and then running around waving for the fans approval and cheers.

This is a really ignorant view of social anxiety and/or extreme introversion. Yes, speaking in public is nerve-racking to most people to a certain degree. For some, it is a near paralyzing and/or utterly exhausting experience.

This whole episode has really increased my appreciation for Pete's approach of respecting each person's individuality and temperament.

pmedic920

Reaction score
DTexHawk":1wz7g8gs said:
pmedic920":1wz7g8gs said:
I'm watching the NFLN as I type. I want to throw a rock at the tv, for the way most are spinning this.

Why are so many worried about this?

Lynch doesn't care what others think.

Pete doesn't care what others think.

Why do so many here care what the media, fans in other towns, etc.. think?

Because we are the 12th man. #24 is one of ours. Mama bear and her cubs, type thing.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Funny thing though.

In the media's zeal to create a villain or to frame Lynch in a certain way, it is totally backfiring.

Lynch is becoming more admired and more sympathetic, not less.

At some point I imagine they are going to have to train their guns on a new target because it is not working.

Even bronco fans are starting to feel for the guy.

I honestly think Lynch is taking it all pretty well considering.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm sorry but English is wrong.

Marshawn doesn't like to speak.. and hes only showing up to these things to avoid a ridiculous fine... fining a guy 100K because he doesn't want to talk to a camera, when there are plenty of athletes that will and do enjoy doing that, is asinine. Let the guy skip media day.. it makes him more comfortable and then these precious journalists who are throwing a hissy fit wont have their precious time wasted as they ask completely stupid questions.

There are reasons why every ex-player is defending Marshawn, and those who are pouting are media members. The players get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts