Message from Golden Tate

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":yec946ka said:
SnoCoHawk":yec946ka said:
Uthawk":yec946ka said:
Does he always hold his cup out with the superbowl ring and that finger?

Isn't that his ring finger? Two finger through the handle on top, pinky finger below? (Thumb behind the cup)

Didn't notice he even had the ring on, but yeah that looks like his ring finger to me.
Sorry but it's clearly his middle finger. Good riddance to trash like that.

hawk45

Reaction score
Why are we glad he's gone? I don't understand this. He's trash now because he's enjoying some schadenfreude at the expense of the team who tried and failed to replace him with Percy the train wreck Harvin?

What did he do while he was here that would lead us to be glad he is gone?

I'll accept that the price tag may have been a little high (although if we'd have known our #1 was garbage we'd have rethought that) but I won't accept that his absence helps our team.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawk45":25qxqdjk said:
Why are we glad he's gone? I don't understand this. He's trash now because he's enjoying some schadenfreude at the expense of the team who tried and failed to replace him with Percy the train wreck Harvin?

I'll accept that the price tag may have been a little high (although if we'd have known our #1 was garbage we'd have rethought that) but I won't accept that his absence helps our team.
I stand by what I said. It's childish, immature and served no purpose. He got paid well and is on a team that will be better for him longterm and career wise while looking like having just as fair a shot of making the playoffs as we do this year. And I see no reason not to believe Detroit will be a factor playoff wise for the foreseeable future because that's a young team filled up with some supremely talented players.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It is stupid putting out a pic like that..This team made him what he was to be able sign for over market $$ ..It's an insult to the team and fans as well..Screw Tate! Harvin wasn't wrong to clock him if he acted this way in the Locker room.

hawk45

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":14gyot05 said:
hawk45":14gyot05 said:

I stand by what I said. It's childish, immature and served no purpose. He got paid well and is on a team that will be better for him longterm and career wise while looking like having just as fair a shot of making the playoffs as we do this year. And I see no reason not to believe Detroit will be a factor playoff wise for the foreseeable future because that's a young team filled up with some supremely talented players.

And it...never would have happened had we not jettisoned him in favor of a dude who punched him in the face during superbowl week, reportedly.

Just seems inconsistent being able to forgive Lynch the DUIs, Irvin and others the PEDs, etc. etc. but saying you're glad the bum Tate is gone because of...this. Look we're in agreement it's childish but that's small potatoes compared to what we're prepared to accept from others. Tate had some justification for this silly immaturity, these other players just pull their crap out of nowhere.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawk45":2n0o0vvf said:
MizzouHawkGal":2n0o0vvf said:
hawk45":2n0o0vvf said:

And it...never would have happened had we not jettisoned him in favor of a dude who punched him in the face during superbowl week, reportedly.

Just seems inconsistent being able to forgive Lynch the DUIs, Irvin and others the PEDs, etc. etc. but saying you're glad the bum Tate is gone because of...this. Look we're in agreement it's childish but that's small potatoes compared to what we're prepared to accept from others. Tate had some justification for this silly immaturity, these other players just pull their crap out of nowhere.
No matter if I liked or disliked Tate (I actually have no feeling about him either way) I was and still am in total agreement with the fact that there is no way on God's green earth that we should or would ever pay the amount of money that Detroit offered him. It's just not going to happen in this offense unless or when they shift the focus entirely on Wilson's shoulders.

So I'm not convinced the two decisions were related but it's quite obvious with recent events that we should have never signed Percy in the first place.

hawk45

Reaction score
Okay Miz well as I said in my first post, I accept the price tag argument and even agree with it.

I also accept that Tate's little post is immature and embarrassing (to him mainly). I just didn't buy it as the centerpiece for being glad he's gone, given what we accept from other players.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawk45":20bbbh1x said:
Okay Miz well as I said in my first post, I accept the price tag argument and even agree with it.

I also accept that Tate's little post is immature and embarrassing (to him mainly). I just didn't buy it as the centerpiece for being glad he's gone, given what we accept from other players.
Ah, I see now that action wasn't the centerpiece for him being gone at least to me. It was other reasons and seeing him act the fool especially when his personal and team situation is quite good and maybe even better then if he remained in Seattle is why I used the word "trash". Because that type of action is exactly what "trash" does and it disappointed me that he proved to be such for no good reason all on his own.

ivotuk

Reaction score
They didn't lowball him. The initial offer was 4.5 million, he got mad and took 6 million from Detroit. He didn't even dicker, just got mad and left. There's an interview on 710 where he calls in and says just that.

Good for him taking the extra money, but Detroit will always be Detroit, a bankrupt town with high crime and murder rates. They will have up and down seasons, mostly down now that Megatron is no longer impervious to injury.

It's on 7 days, a bad 7 days in Seattle, a good 7 days in Detroit, does not a lifetime make. We still own the Lombardi.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it is more directed at Harvin then the Seahawks, I won't say it's not a bit of I told you so but who punched him, Harvin, who got traded Harvin, where did he go, the Island of Lost Toys. So I can see Tate gloating a bit given he is in a much better situation even in Detroit.

kigenzun

Reaction score
First, many thanks to Golden Tate for all his efforts in a Seahawks uniform. And to Percy for his Super Bowl performance, if nothing else.

Second, when Detroit goes out in the first round for the next few years, (that is, if they even make the playoffs), I'll be laughing remembering this cheesy grin pic.

and
Third, when we use Tate's money AND Percy's money to sign "a man named Suh" to come to Seattle, the Wheel of Fortune will have turned again in favor of the Hawks and the 2015 season.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":23zhyx9n said:

Sorry, but that is clearly his third (ring) finger. I think it is a great response and I harbor no ill will to the dude. Unlike Harvin, Golden EARNED that ring and the right to sport it. He may not have done much in the big game, but he was a huge contributor in the effort to get there. Congrats to him on the subsequent payday.

KGtTD19

-bsd

captSE

Reaction score
Seems to me both sides kind of blew an opportunity to keep Tate. I wish they would have talked it over a little more.
Glad Harvin is gone though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1n0krf2d said:
Oh, don't be hurt that he left us. Your feelings are making you see incorrect fingers; come on, Mizzou!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I loved what Tate brought to the Hawks. The fact is that he wasn't worth near the money here as he would be somewhere that relied on the pass like Detroit. It would have been nice to have him, but even if we didn't have Harvin the Hawks were not going to be able to pay him what he was worth on the open market.

I think that the Hawks are more interested in filling the WR role with youth in the middle rounds and getting value for a few years. If one breaks out in a big way? I expect the Hawks to keep him because it will make the Hawks an even more dangerous team, but they need to stick with their strengths and then build the passing game to enhance the offense.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2pk3avbg said:
It would have been nice to have him, but even if we didn't have Harvin the Hawks were not going to be able to pay him what he was worth on the open market.

The Seahawks paid Harvin over $19 million. That is $6 more than Tate received in guaranteed money from Detroit. Without Harvin, they absolutely would have had the money to sign Tate, who was willing to take even less to stay with the Seahawks.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2u8rhejd said:
loafoftatupu":2u8rhejd said:
It would have been nice to have him, but even if we didn't have Harvin the Hawks were not going to be able to pay him what he was worth on the open market.

The Seahawks paid Harvin over $19 million. That is $6 more than Tate received in guaranteed money from Detroit. Without Harvin, they absolutely would have had the money to sign Tate, who was willing to take even less to stay with the Seahawks.

Signing Tate would not be worth losing Wilson in the slightest. Period.

nepahawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":5wzsmv9p said:
MizzouHawkGal":5wzsmv9p said:

Sorry, but that is clearly his third (ring) finger. I think it is a great response and I harbor no ill will to the dude. Unlike Harvin, Golden EARNED that ring and the right to sport it. He may not have done much in the big game, but he was a huge contributor in the effort to get there. Congrats to him on the subsequent payday.

KGtTD19

-bsd

Photoshopped?

Seems like he has 5 fingers showing plus a hidden thumb.

Unless he has 6 fingers on his right hand, it doesn't seem correct.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3aisric4 said:
hawknation2015":3aisric4 said:
loafoftatupu":3aisric4 said:

Signing Tate would not be worth losing Wilson in the slightest. Period.

The hypothetical posed was how we could have spent that $19 million if we had not given it to Harvin to begin with. That money is already gone, so it can't be used on Wilson. If we had never traded for Harvin, it could have easily been allocated for Tate, given that he received just $13 million in total guaranteed money from Detroit. His cap hit next season is $2 million less than the dead money we sill owe from the Harvin deal. So the $19 million could have gone partly to Tate and partly to other players, including Wilson.

With the Harvin deal already in place, I agree it was not worth it to sign Tate.