Message from Golden Tate

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2v39cibj said:
therealjohncarlson":2v39cibj said:
hawknation2015":2v39cibj said:
loafoftatupu":2v39cibj said:
It would have been nice to have him, but even if we didn't have Harvin the Hawks were not going to be able to pay him what he was worth on the open market.

The Seahawks paid Harvin over $19 million. That is $6 more than Tate received in guaranteed money from Detroit. Without Harvin, they absolutely would have had the money to sign Tate, who was willing to take even less to stay with the Seahawks.

Signing Tate would not be worth losing Wilson in the slightest. Period.

The hypothetical posed was how we could have spent that $19 million if we had not given it to Harvin to begin with. That money is already gone, so it can't be used on Wilson. If we had never traded for Harvin, it could have easily been allocated for Tate, given that he received just $13 million in total guaranteed money from Detroit. His cap hit next season is $2 million less than the dead money we sill owe from the Harvin deal. So the $19 million could have gone partly to Tate and partly to other players, including Wilson.

With the Harvin deal already in place, I agree it was not worth it to sign Tate.

I was actually addressing the point that many reports claim Russell would not stay on the team if we re-signed Tate do to the whole "wife screwing" incident

DavidSeven

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2lz47gzm said:
I was actually addressing the point that many reports claim Russell would not stay on the team if we re-signed Tate do to the whole "wife screwing" incident

There are no reports like that. Conjecture by local fans and Twitter trolls, maybe.

Largent80

Reaction score
Tate is someone I wanted to stay with the Hawks, but now that he's gone?

Enjoy watching us win the Super Bowl.....Bitch !!!!!!!

47degreesn

Reaction score
I've never noticed this because he always wore gloves. But his hands are way lighter than the rest of his arm.

ivotuk

Reaction score
47degreesn":x7nu4txn said:
I've never noticed this because he always wore gloves. But his hands are way lighter than the rest of his arm.

That's because of the gloves. It's the same as raccoon eyes when wearing goggles while riding snow machines.