Michael Bennett's new book...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
For someone who is attempting to bring people together in a time when its needed most, he sure is doing a good job in doing the exact opposite.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm disappointed in the title. I like a lot of what MB's doing, but if he wants for people to learn more about the inequalities of race, he's going to lose a lot of readers just by the title name.

And that's too bad, because we need EVERYBODY to participate.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
What is the #1 thing Michael?
Lying about a police incident to support your agenda?

Palmegranite

Reaction score
ivotuk":fvdnr5w1 said:
I'm disappointed in the title.
In which case you would've really hated the original working title "How to Make White People Uncomfortable"

replicant

Reaction score
So if I, a white guy, wrote a book entitled "Things that make black people uncomfortable", I'd be good, right?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
replicant":fje041uf said:
So if I, a white guy, wrote a book entitled "Things that make black people uncomfortable", I'd be good, right?

you could probably look back at the history of books and find plenty of examples..

but im not sure you'd notice the difference in perspective or meaning

replicant

Reaction score
Uncle Si":fa28roxv said:
replicant":fa28roxv said:

you could probably look back at the history of books and find plenty of examples..

You're trying to justify Bennett's racism with some PC BS. Nice.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
replicant":2ig9je5x said:
Uncle Si":2ig9je5x said:
replicant":2ig9je5x said:

Speaks volumes that's what you think Bennett's book is or trying to shine some perspective on it.

Nice... and alarming

replicant

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2i4miyol said:
replicant":2i4miyol said:
Uncle Si":2i4miyol said:
replicant":2i4miyol said:

Speaks volumes that's what you think Bennett's book is or trying to shine some perspective on it.

Nice... and alarming

Bennett knows NOTHING about me, but because of the color of my skin, he wants to tell me what makes me uncomfortable. You're living in an alternate universe if you don't see the racism in that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Id suggest if you think Bennett is literally talking about you, or what literally makes you uncomfortable, then you are living in a very alienated universe. Unfortunately it's not an alternate one.

I'll leave you alone with your fear and loathing.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I do not like MBs actions over the past year off field, but I do think this book should be a good read. If the title makes you uncomfortable then I suggest that it is a MUST read. I may not agree with him but I am willing to see what he has to say.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
I grew up in White Center which as some of you might know is a complete cultural melting pot, I'm the oldest of six siblings, one biological and four adopted who happen to be Black and Puerto Rican. When it comes to being around people of different races and backgrounds, there is absolutely nothing that makes me feel uncomfortable.

With that being said, I don't see how the title of his book does anything but pours gas on a smoldering fire. This will only drive people further apart, and does NOTHING to bring people together in a time when it's needed most.

I love Mike B, own his wolf grey jersey, I absolutely respect what the Bennett foundation does, but I will not spend a dime on this book. I'm sure the book will have some great insight to his life and the struggles he has faced, but the title of the book is completely out of line.

original poster

Reaction score
The title of the book is basically free advertising.

Release details of the book in January, get those enraged with the title venting/talking about it before the laugh this making more people aware of it. Hats off to him, hope he does very well from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts