Michael Sam docuseries in the works

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'm on board with anything that will help us get to a point where we no longer have to make announcements about our sexuality, where people can just be accepted as who they are without having to be abused or discriminated against or even just thought of as bad or wrong just because they're different from you.

Short term, this might make things difficult for Michael or the Rams or the NFL (or Dom ;) ) but long term it's a big deal and a good first step to getting us to a place we should already be.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":31w6j6u3 said:
I'm on board with anything that will help us get to a point where we no longer have to make announcements about our sexuality, where people can just be accepted as who they are without having to be abused or discriminated against or even just thought of as bad or wrong just because they're different from you.

Short term, this might make things difficult for Michael or the Rams or the NFL (or Dom ;) ) but long term it's a big deal and a good first step to getting us to a place we should already be.
Good post.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2ofd0km7 said:
Michael Sam is all about one thing: his 15 minutes.

Now he's cashing in, naturally because he knows he isn't an NFL player.

yep...might not even make the team...

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":17goicy4 said:

I got no problem with whatever the hell he does or doesn't do. I am just tired of being forced fed this story. When I'm out here on the boat I listen to my Sirius NFL radio. It's all they are talking about. Seriously how many ways can we beat the same story to death? I had to turn it off today because it was just too much.

It's why I hate the media at times. They ruin something I enjoy. I am liberal, I understand society, and understand how wonderfully diverse or culture is. To me the entire Micheal Sam story isn't a story. He's gay. Who cares?

drdiags

Reaction score
From what I heard earlier, the OWN folks will not be taping anything involving the Rams or any of the players during this docuseries. Sam's story has now gone from a tale of over coming fear into a tale of capitalizing on one's brief encounter with notoriety.

Get it while you can, but puts into doubt the claim of wanting to just be known as a football player. The story goes away when everyone thinks they have flown the flag of understanding long enough for others to notice, then back to business as usual.

JZ#1

Reaction score
So much for wanting to be treated like any other athlete. I am not looking forward to all the outrage their may be if he gets cut.

nepahawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3pho84ni said:
From a human interest story viewpoint, it's a great idea. From a football standpoint, it's a terrible idea. Bad move if football is really your focus, Sam.

Plus, he's trying to make some quick guaranteed money.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
JZ#1":7brf0pye said:
So much for wanting to be treated like any other athlete. I am not looking forward to all the outrage their may be if he gets cut.
I am.

I found this bit of information on ClanRam. Unfortunately, they don't allow links there, so I couldn't track this to its source, but here it is:
Michael Sam Reality ShowMichael Sam is getting the Lindsay Lohan treatment ... as in, the openly gay football player is getting his own reality show on Oprah's TV network ... reps at OWN confirm.

The show -- produced by the same people who did Lindsay's show -- will chronicle Sam's journey into the NFL ... and we're told Sam has already been taping the show for weeks.

In fact, we're told Oprah's crew was in the room when Sam learned he had been drafted by the St. Louis Rams ... and clearly knew his big celebratory kiss with his BF would make for great reality television.
Now I know why the cameras kept rolling.

OP
OP
A London Hawk

A London Hawk

Reaction score
Apparently the whole thing has now been put on hold. Common sense prevails?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
razgriz737":npup748q said:
Zebulon Dak":npup748q said:

Good post.

Nobody put a gun to his head and made him announce his sexuality in the first place. He is an attentions seeking whore. :177692:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
A London Hawk":qd4ts7y9 said:

It sounds like it was canceled entirely. Rams and NFL (Roger) had no idea that Sam made the deal prior to even being drafted.

RedAlice

Reaction score
A London Hawk":360a92e1 said:

Yes! It is on hold. Reason prevails. Good on Fisher. So happy about this.

You are drafted MSam: and it's all about football now. Go play some ball, or don't.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... w-on-hold/

A planned reality TV show centered on Rams rookie defensive end Michael Sam has been placed on hold.

The Oprah Winfrey Network announced that it is postponing the Sam reality show, after Sam faced criticism from those who said his decision to become the focal point of a TV show was incompatible with his claims that he’s totally focused on football.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":3r9soy9t said:

You are drafted MSam: and it's all about football now. Go play some ball, or don't.

A planned reality TV show centered on Rams rookie defensive end Michael Sam has been placed on hold.

The Oprah Winfrey Network announced that it is postponing the Sam reality show, after Sam faced criticism from those who said his decision to become the focal point of a TV show was incompatible with his claims that he’s totally focused on football.
Bah, to hell with reason! I care about my personal entertainment more than the well-being of a division rival team... ;)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1e18vfqf said:
razgriz737":1e18vfqf said:
Zebulon Dak":1e18vfqf said:

Good post.

Nobody put a gun to his head and made him announce his sexuality in the first place. He is an attentions seeking whore. :177692:

When somebody's been hiding a very major part of them from the world for their entire life it's a pretty big deal when you decide not to hide anymore. I know hetero people don't really get it. Hell, I don't even really get it. But I'm trying and learning to understand.

253hawk

Reaction score
This could have been great TV if Richie Incognito was still with the Rams.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
253hawk":2v6cx14e said:
This could have been great TV if Richie Incognito was still with the Rams.

Oh my... now THAT would have been epic Television. It would make Jersey Shore look like Romper Room.

pmedic920

Reaction score
NFLN this morning is reporting that following meetings with OWN, and both the Rams and the NFL, this has been put on hold indefinitely.

Supposedly to enable Sam to focus on football.
Smart move IMHO.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":29n1vagj said:
A London Hawk":29n1vagj said:

Darn it! (Not really he should just concentrate on football and try and make the team before going into "other areas". Be a football player first it will make it easier for everybody to either accept or even forget about his sexual orientation).

Latest posts