Michael vs the Rams

Jville

Reaction score
What the Ram game proved was that it takes more than one guy to make the running game work.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
I just got Rekt! He's going to go nuts against AZ and we can revisit this!

Reaction score
OkieHawk":230tszrq said:
austinslater25":230tszrq said:
Explain. Did he hit the wrong hole? Was he hesitant? What did you see that you didn't like?

Hesitant, never changes hands with the ball. The most glaring point is one that I previously made though, or do you think you know more than the coaching staff of all those teams? He got cut in Dallas for Turbin! Christine is a bust and will be cut once Lynch gets back.

He wasn't hesitant at all on Sunday - he was much more immediate than Bryce Brown who has shown nothing thusfar. Brown should be the one cut when Lynch gets back.

Go back and watch the runs Michael had in the game vs the ones Brown had in the game - I'm fairly convinced that if Michael had the ball on the Brown runs that he would have hit the whole faster and garnered more yardage.

As for next year - clearly Thomas Rawls has Michael beat - but this season it would be a mistake to cut him over Brown.

sutz

Reaction score
Difficult to say IMHO. When you're getting hit right after the hand off, you can't really blame the back.

So far, in two games I'd say invite him back for camp next year and give him a shot to make the roster. My opinion could change based on play in AZ, of course, but right now that's my thought. No guarantees, just come to camp and win a roster spot.

I'd still be open to drafting RB this year, though. I wouldn't pass on a good back just because we have Christine hanging in the wings. Depending on what Marsh does (retire possibly?) we might be a bit thin next year without Michael in the mix.

If we opened next season with Lynch/Rawls/Michael at RB, I could live with it. If LYnch hangs it up, I could prob live with Rawls/Michael/good rookie prospect, too.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":fzkpj4et said:
OkieHawk":fzkpj4et said:
austinslater25":fzkpj4et said:
Explain. Did he hit the wrong hole? Was he hesitant? What did you see that you didn't like?

Hesitant, never changes hands with the ball. The most glaring point is one that I previously made though, or do you think you know more than the coaching staff of all those teams? He got cut in Dallas for Turbin! Christine is a bust and will be cut once Lynch gets back.

He wasn't hesitant at all on Sunday - he was much more immediate than Bryce Brown who has shown nothing thusfar. Brown should be the one cut when Lynch gets back.

Go back and watch the runs Michael had in the game vs the ones Brown had in the game - I'm fairly convinced that if Michael had the ball on the Brown runs that he would have hit the whole faster and garnered more yardage.

As for next year - clearly Thomas Rawls has Michael beat - but this season it would be a mistake to cut him over Brown.

Did I say that this happened only this game or was I stating the things he does wrong overall? I'm going with the latter, good talk though.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He is what he is (a JAG). We're not going far in the playoffs with him as a #1 RB though. Running against the Browns is one thing, the teams we would face in the playoffs... whole 'nother animal