Washington Huskies vs. Texas Longhorns

NoGain

Reaction score
Let's get this started. Texas is clearly beatable. Want an interesting stat? Texas is ranked 95th in the country on defense against the pass. I like that. There were only two teams I really feared going into conference championship weekend, the Oregon Ducks and the Georgia Bulldogs. They're both out of it now. There's no team that I fear of the possible three remaining opponents for the Huskies. Sure, we could lose to any of the three. But it would come as no surprise to me if we beat any of them.

Just listened to Rick Neuheisel on a podcadst. He's pretty damn good at making picks. He thinks the two underdogs are the real favorites, the Huskies and Alabama. He thinks the only team that would surprise him if they won it was Michigan because he doesn't think they're explosive enough offensively to beat two of the playoff teams they might face. He also picked as his pick of the week Arizona over Oklahoma (obviously before the game was played tonight).

Simply put, this is not like the last time the Huskies were in the CFP when they faced Alabama. I feared Alabama and thought it would be a pretty damn big upset if we came out on top back then. Not so this time around. There's very little room between the top seed team and the fourth seed team. It's close, and truly anything can happen.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
All the analysis I've seen has been pretty bad.

First off, last years Alamo bowl means nothing. Both teams are different this year. Texas had players sitting out. Etc

Second, lots of people pointing to Texas secondary being bad against the pass, and how good Washingtons pass offense is. Then Texas fans are pointing out that statistically Washingtons pass defense was worse. They are only looking at total yards given up, though. They are not considering the fact that Washington and Texas had more passing attempts against them. Teams threw against them instead of running.

Seeing lots of comments like "Pac 12 is trash". Like, how do you even measure that? It makes no sense.

Can't wait for the game to actually happen.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I think it will be Washington vs Bama in the Championship, but, I’d also like to see Washington vs Michigan to start the Big 10 next rivalry.

But I don’t care! Go Huskies!

Let’s gooooo!!!

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Yes, go Huskies! I don't know anything about NCAA football, but I'll barrack for a Seattle team. I do know a professor of atmospheric physics at UW, but he does not know much about football!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
It is the PAC-2.

But I still like the Huskies better in the final 4. They are the better team.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
What uniforms are we wearing today? I can't seem to find this out on a Google search.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
LET'S GET IT ON!!! GO HUSKIES!!!

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
We've got to get better on run defense...

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
As much as it helped the Huskies and should have been called, I don't want a game where flags are thrown over and over again...