Washington Huskies vs. Texas Longhorns

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Washington's O Line is the best there is. If Penix has time in the pocket all game long, Michigan has no chance to win. That's not their game at all. This will totally come down to the trenches. On defense Washington needs to stop the run. If we can do that effectively, Michigan will be on their heels and effectively playing a game they do not want to play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If Penix plays like he did against Texas? UW is winning this game. Period.
This game is a toss-up, imo. Michigan is #1 for a reason.

Dawgs win it 27-24

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
If Penix plays like he did against Texas? UW is winning this game. Period.
This game is a toss-up, imo. Michigan is #1 for a reason.

Dawgs win it 27-24
Michigan is a good team. Well coached and loaded with talent. They have a tall order though in winning matchups against UW's playmakers. Odunze is extremely difficult to cover, as are J Mc and Polk. Westover also continues to be an absolute stud. UW has a large advantage at QB as well. Penix will be a huge factor like he was vs Texas. If Michigan can't get to him, game over.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Michigan is by far the best we will face all year. I expect this to be one hell of a tough matchup. Dawgs by 3.
Respecting a very good opponent doesn't take anything away from what I think of UW. Fans being overconfident has zero impact on the game, and plenty of UW fans probably will be overconfident. But I'm extremely nervous about this game. It's for the National Championship. They just got done beating Alabama.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
My personal belief is that Washington and Oregon were the two best teams in the country, and Washington beat Oregon twice. Michigan is a good team and deserves respect, but I think this is our game.

34-17 UW.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Hopefully Washington can leave an extra defender in the box to contend with Michigan's run game without risking too much in pass defense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My personal belief is that Washington and Oregon were the two best teams in the country, and Washington beat Oregon twice. Michigan is a good team and deserves respect, but I think this is our game.

34-17 UW.
If the Dawgs win by 17, I'll send you a 6 pack of your favorite beer. Or we can just lift up some pints in celebration, on me.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Washington has the offensive firepower to blow-out Michigan.

Michigan does have an elite defense, but it's not LOB level. Their offense is good, but not great. JJ is a decent QB, Blake Corum is a good RB, and Roman Wilson is a really good WR.

Washington's defense isn't good, but it's not awful. They don't just give up points at will.

I think Washington is the better team. Best QB and WR room in the nation. You can't pressure Penix effectively, he's too smart, too quick and his receivers are too good.

This will come down to, can Michigan keep up and keep it close so they have a chance to score last.

Washington 31-21

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Penix is just plain ridiculous. Nails. Cold Blooded. Leader. Beast. Team first guy. Captain. And soon.........Champion.

Take a look at some of the old threads on here. A LOT of people claiming he was overrated, not that great blah blah blah.

Look what you get when the game is on the line. More importantly, look what you get when he is HEALTHY. Dude was CLEARLY playing thru injury for a good month plus this season. He's the best QB in the country, I don't care what anyone says. Even the biased EAST Coast media are FINALLY just owning up to how wrong they were.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
I said this before, but the two teams that scared me the most at the end of the regular season were Georgia and Oregon. I thought Georgia had the most talent and that swag, and Oregon was arguably playing the best football in the country at the end. I feared Oregon in the Pac 12 championship game as an opponent more than Texas. Georgia got knocked out by Alabama so we didn't have to face them in the final.

Michigan? Good team, but not a behemoth of an opponent. I would much rather play them than Georgia or even Oregon again in the final. Rick Neuheisel said he didn't think Michigan would win it all because their offense wasn't explosive enough compared to other teams.

Does anyone know what our injury status is on our players? Losing Dillon would suck. If he's out, what's our RB rotation now?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Finger, legs and everything else crossed. I can see BOTH sides of the argument, but I did not want them just taking 3 knees and punting. I wanted them to play to win and get that first down. In retrospect, sure they could have done 3 knees and a punt. But it was just a fluke injury.
I'm kind of surprised a couple teammates didn't just grab him and carry him to the sidelines. We needed those 40 seconds to come off the clock.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
While it would suck to lose him, there are other talented RB's on this team. They can get it done w/out him.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
While it would suck to lose him, there are other talented RB's on this team. They can get it done w/out him.
Hmmm...there's definitely a fall off from Dillon with the way he's been running the last 5-6 games. I haven't seen another Husky RB do much of anything all year long, not Adams, Newton, or whomever...

cymatica

Reaction score
If the Dawgs win by 17, I'll send you a 6 pack of your favorite beer. Or we can just lift up some pints in celebration, on me.
If they are up by 17 in the 4th, they'll find a way to give up 2 scores and make it a close win

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
What every Husky fan is dreaming of. We finally put it all together at once in the championship game.

DJrmb

Reaction score
What every Husky fan is dreaming of. We finally put it all together at once in the championship game.
Absolutely, it would be incredible to put it all together and beat Michigan soundly leaving no doubt who the better team was. How good would it feel if they finally had to admit UW was better all along and it wasn't close enough for their excuses?

Not that they ever will though... People will go to the ends of the earth to find some angle to suggest they weren't wrong instead of admitting they ever made a mistake.