Mike Iupati signed

bigskydoc

Reaction score
For some reason, Iupati has always been one of my favorite non-Seahawk players. Even though the injury wasn't as bad as Bowman's, he has never been quite the same since his injury in the 2014 NFCCG. I really like the signing though. Great value pickup in a year that we need to focus on value instead of splash.

toffee

Reaction score
I consider Lupati an upgrade over departed Sweezy, Lupati had some injury during the past two seasons, he was an all-pro and pro bowl back in 2015. Nowhere on Sweezy's resume said anything like that, hopefully, our youngsters can develop by learning under Solari and watching how Lupati played G.

OP
OP
X

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
pmedic920":1hl9xzn6 said:
XxXdragonXxX":1hl9xzn6 said:
No link, talking about it on 710.

Don’t be lazy, there’s several sources available.
300ee5df0023b037d14a567bb5658676.jpg

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/3/14/18 ... -cardinals

Took me all of 15 seconds on my phone.

Without “links” stuff like this is considered rumor/speculation and should be posted as such.

Good job. I heard it on 710 as soon as it happened, searched google and came up with nothing at the time. Glad you could find a link 30 minutes after the fact and be a jerk about it. Congratulations.

ivotuk

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1cg3dtf4 said:
pmedic920":1cg3dtf4 said:
XxXdragonXxX":1cg3dtf4 said:

Without “links” stuff like this is considered rumor/speculation and should be posted as such.

Good job. I heard it on 710 as soon as it happened, searched google and came up with nothing at the time. Glad you could find a link 30 minutes after the fact and be a jerk about it. Congratulations.

He has a valid point Dragon. If you're going to start a thread, it's your responsibility to add a link when you can. So check back in once in awhile and try to find a link for your post.

OP
OP
X

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
ivotuk":am7kfce8 said:
XxXdragonXxX":am7kfce8 said:
pmedic920":am7kfce8 said:
XxXdragonXxX":am7kfce8 said:

He has a valid point Dragon. If you're going to start a thread, it's your responsibility to add a link when you can. So check back in once in awhile and try to find a link for your post.

I agree. It was posted by the 2nd poster in the thread bfore I found it. My problem is with pmedics "dont be lazy" jerk of a response.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
AgentDib":2ecofw51 said:
This makes sense for a few reasons. Iaputi was released and so will not count against compensatory picks and also has a previous history with Solari on the 49ers. His market value was depressed due to injuries in Arizona but he has been relatively healthy over his career. Lastly, his ceiling is also a lot higher than Sweezy's.

Agreed on all of this.

It makes sense, and is a nice low risk high reward move.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I believe he counts as an UFA for cancelling of a compensatory draft pick purposes because the last year of his option in his contract with Arizona was voided by the Cardinals - rather than he was outright cut. At least that's what I read on OvertheCap, that players who have the last year of their contracts voided do count against potential comp. picks. Here's the quote from the link:

"Players who have options declined by their former teams qualify for the compensatory formula, even though the team had a method to keep them under contract. See Donte Stallworth in 2009, who qualified in favor of New England despite having an option on his contract declined. This exception has in recent years been used far more often to protect teams’ compensatory pick potential, with the Patriots, Broncos and Ravens particularly standing out in their usage of team options."

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-m ... aft-picks/

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I like this signing. He knows Solari’s system so we can plug and play this guy. No slow down on the power run game.

Seafan

Reaction score
He graded better than Sweezy and Fluker. Fluker just re-signed too.

Mike is 35 pounds heavier than Sweezy. If he can stay healthy he'll be an upgrade.

pmedic920

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":ntph4xc5 said:
ivotuk":ntph4xc5 said:
XxXdragonXxX":ntph4xc5 said:
pmedic920":ntph4xc5 said:

I agree. It was posted by the 2nd poster in the thread bfore I found it. My problem is with pmedics "dont be lazy" jerk of a response.

You don’t get extra credit for being the first to post a story.

If you can’t post a link to your “breaking news” it’s simply rumor/speculation, and that’s not a new thing here @ .Net.

We pride ourselves here as being a source for reliable Seahawk news, and that requires “links”.

It took me about 15 seconds to provide 2 links to back up your post, you very easily could have done the same.

“Heard it on the grape vine” doesn’t cut it with this type of post.
Lazy seems well fitting.
Man up, and move along.

OP
OP
X

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
pmedic920":24o0qjh7 said:
XxXdragonXxX":24o0qjh7 said:
ivotuk":24o0qjh7 said:
XxXdragonXxX":24o0qjh7 said:

If you can’t post a link to your “breaking news” it’s simply rumor/speculation, and that’s not a new thing here @ .Net.

We pride ourselves here as being a source for reliable Seahawk news, and that requires “links”.

It took me about 15 seconds to provide 2 links to back up your post, you very easily could have done the same.

Lazy seems well fitting.
Man up, and move along.

This is my last response on this matter and the last time I will interract with you.

I heard it on 710, not "the grape vine" and couldnt find a link after a google search. I even waited several minutes for someone who could find a link to post first, nobody did, so I just went with it. I was going to edit with a link when I got one but Montana beat me to it (without being a jerk about it.)

Thank you for setting me straight in a completely not diplomatic fashion. Used to be a time when stuff like this was handled politely via PM's instead of jerkishly in the public forum. This is why I barely post here anymore.

Good day.

TAB420

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Dragon. I for one appreciated it.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":28swmeud said:
pmedic920":28swmeud said:
XxXdragonXxX":28swmeud said:
ivotuk":28swmeud said:

Lazy seems well fitting.
Man up, and move along.

This is my last response on this matter and the last time I will interract with you.

I heard it on 710, not "the grape vine" and couldnt find a link after a google search. I even waited several minutes for someone who could find a link to post first, nobody did, so I just went with it. I was going to edit with a link when I got one but Montana beat me to it (without being a jerk about it.)

Thank you for setting me straight in a completely not diplomatic fashion. Used to be a time when stuff like this was handled politely via PM's instead of jerkishly in the public forum. This is why I barely post here anymore.

Good day.
Sorry that you've had to deal with this. Thanks for posting.

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1jbjwik0 said:
Really your attacking the guy because he didn't include a link not cool.

Forever and a day when there is a story concerning a player coach or other notable connected with the Seahawks you provide a link to avoid the speculations and inside source bullshit on .NET. If it was on the radio you can say you heard it but something of this nature should have a associated story somewhere to support it.

After all Carson Palmer is still going to be signed according to someone with a inside source. TraumaHawk knows this.

poly1274

Reaction score
chris98251":1ktuyet8 said:
Northwest Seahawk":1ktuyet8 said:
Really your attacking the guy because he didn't include a link not cool.

Forever and a day when there is a story concerning a player coach or other notable connected with the Seahawks you provide a link to avoid the speculations and inside source bullshit on .NET. If it was on the radio you can say you heard it but something of this nature should have a associated story somewhere to support it.

After all Carson Palmer is still going to be signed according to someone with a inside source. TraumaHawk knows this.

Who cares If you're that desperate go on google and find your own link.

What happens on draft day and people make a new topic, do you want them to have a link as well?