Mike MacDonald removes Carroll related Seahawks imprint

knownone

Reaction score
This is a non-story. Macdonald is the head coach. He should do whatever it takes to motivate players, send whatever messages he needs to send, and leave his imprint on the organization.

No offense to the author, but we're one step removed from an article saying, 'Mike Macdonald Rearranges Pete Carroll's Office, Walking a Fine Line Between Dismantling a Legacy and Organizing a Bookshelf.'

toffee

Reaction score
Is he taking down the Super Bowl XLVIII banner in the indoor practice facility too? I just think there needs to be a modicum of acknowledging the past success of the franchise without completely white-walling the place to get your point across that it's a new era.

View attachment 65918
That reminds me of Mike Nolan, a young defense genius before he was hired. Nolan removed all Bill Walsh and George Seifert from the facility too.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
John talks about it in the beginning of the video. Basically, they're doing renovations. Updating the place. "Going Digital". Adding tv's to walls. Said there is still a shit ton of pictures and whatnot in the building.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
You guys are absolutely right; instead of practicing and focusing on the future, let's have weekly reminiscent discussions. Muse over Mondays, Take me back Tuesdays, We won't forget Wednesdays, Thinking of Glory Days Thursdays, ending the week with Superbowl 49 Saturdays having showings in the locker room and highlight the clutch plays followed by intense discussion about what could have been if, doggone it, we had just run the ball.

It's a new era.

Streamhawk

Reaction score
I love the statement. Mike has asserted himself as “it’s my team now.” So let him cook. Seriously the 12 12s need to get their panties out of a bunch.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It's the new regime's right to flush out the old and bring in the new.

Mike Mac signals that he is going to focus on football, and that basketball has no place in his message to the players and coaches.

I'm okay with that.

It's his prerogative.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This is definitely a bit of peacocking from Macdonald, but you kind of have to peacock when you're an NFL coach trying to build a winner.

There's no ideal way to follow up a legend. You're either stuck in his shadow or you're disrespecting the past, or whatever the peanut gallery wants to say. Only thing that matters is what they're building towards.

I goddamn love Pete Carroll, but I can't imagine any rational party being upset with Macdonald over this. Sure, tinge of pain that some good parts of the past are really gone, but that's a personal problem.

toffee

Reaction score
Keep on hating before dude ever coached.
The ownership was wowed by Nolan's PowerPoint presentation on defense and hired him as a defense genius. He has that heritage too as his father was 49ers HC and a successful one, and to honor his father, he petitioned NFL to allow wearing shirts, ties, and suits on sideline.

Nolan even has a slogan: "Nolan has a Plan", a lot catchier than Russell Wilson's

Drafted Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers? Nolan has a plan
Alex has a different OC every season? Nolan has a plan
Defense didn't see an instant turnaround? Nolan has a plan.

Nolan's honeymoon lasted 2 years, but in those two years, every critique or observation would be shouted down with "Nolan has a plan" by "diehard" fans.

And yes, it was reported at the time that Nolan removed all traces of Walsh Seifert and even Eddie from the facilities.

Last edited:

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
What started out as a big nothing burger has now grabbed the attention of the national media and has taken on a life of its own.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
What started out as a big nothing burger has now grabbed the attention of the national media and has taken on a life of its own.

As it should, Nolan got all the media talking too when he removed Walsh, Seifert and Eddie.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That mural of 'The Tip' would likely still be special 20 years from now. Replacing it with a digital screen sucks. Sorry. Not even close to a comparable replacement.

One of the great things about going into places like that from winning or legacy teams, is basking in the history.

Notre Dame has that 'Play Like A Champion' sign. They didn't replace it with a freaking TV.
But whatever.

If he wins, people will be OK with it. But he better effin win.
Because if he starts losing, people will refer back to stuff like this and hold it against him.

We will see.
I still feel they could have made a better decision here.

toffee

Reaction score

I am real curious on who decided to remove Paul/Pete super bowl pic? Basing on Leo Williams, Mcdonald told the team that he did.

Really?

Was that decision by Jody? but why?
By Schneider? even more unreal.
By Mcdonald with ok by Schneider and Jody?

Nolan did remove all traces of Walsh Siefert and Eddie but he did it with ok from the Yorks, ie new ownership.

OK guys, this picture may not be good enough for Mcdonald, but it sure is good enough for old toffee:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
John talks about it in the beginning of the video. Basically, they're doing renovations. Updating the place. "Going Digital". Adding tv's to walls. Said there is still a shit ton of pictures and whatnot in the building.

I thought there might by an element like this involved.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
There should be a darkened hall and chamber for such relics that veterans hold meetings or hangouts in but they can only open the chamber doors if they win. For winners only.
Coffee is for closers. :)

Alec Baldwin GIF