Mizzou's 2015 Survivor Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

byau

Reaction score
I have a feeling I'd tank it even under the "old" rules. These new harder rules sound intimidating.

I'm In :)

Erebus

Reaction score
I'm in. If it's still not set in stone, I vote against the using the point spread. But I'll play either way and I won't bitch about it after this post. I think it gets hard enough after week 10 that nobody will last till week 17 anyways, with or without the point spread. With the point spread, I think it will be over by week six and you'll be disappointed the rest of the season without a survivor game to play.

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's not set in stone. I'm just trying to find a way to keep it from being let's bet for whoever is playing this year's version of Jacksonville or Oakland of last year. I'm open to other suggestions.

Currently I'm thinking of running it in two 8 week increments with the top of the people that lose in the first eight weeks still able to continue into the second eight weeks.

Maybe something like a point a win and a certain amount of points (like three or similar)rolls over the week 9 with the rest of the survivors.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":32o820ke said:
What sucks is I can't play because it's my contest.
Bullshit. Just make so if you win you give the prize to 2nd place since a prize is involved if that's what's holding you back. If you take enough time to run a contest I for one think you ought to enjoy playing.

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":zk34n4by said:
MizzouHawkGal":zk34n4by said:
Bullshit. Just make so if you win you give the prize to 2nd place since a prize is involved if that's what's holding you back. If you take enough time to run a contest I for one think you ought to enjoy playing.
Interesting idea unless it's decided I could play anyway given the rules are straightforward.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2x3zpft4 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2x3zpft4 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2x3zpft4 said:
Interesting idea unless it's decided I could play anyway given the rules are straightforward.
Don't know why anyone wouldn't be good with that either.

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I think I have my point system. This is for the first eight weeks if you can win a game, you're out when you lose until week 9 but still possibly in at the same time. (3 points for winning against the spread and 1 point for a straight win). Depending on what points a person has when they lose BEFORE week 9 but it has to be a set number of points (probably between 3-4) to rollover into the contest again.

So every week there are two options....straight or against the spread and you can switch back and forth every week but all picks for a given week are one way or another. For example if you pick against the spread and lose you're OUT even if your team wins. It's an all or nothing proposition.

After week 8 it's last person standing. Unless you ALL lose and I have to do a restart like last year.

Playoffs are for fun so I can't make you guys do that. :)

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
austinslater25":1uh3wvzi said:
EXCELLENT. I've heard so much about you but it's never been football related. Glad to welcome you into my little game though. :thirishdrinkers:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":36c54a9i said:
I think I have my point system. This is for the first eight weeks if you can win a game, you're out when you lose until week 9 but still possibly in at the same time. (3 points for winning against the spread and 1 point for a straight win). Depending on what points a person has when they lose BEFORE week 9 but it has to be a set number of points (probably between 3-4) to rollover into the contest again.

So every week there are two options....straight or against the spread and you can switch back and forth every week but all picks for a given week are one way or another. For example if you pick against the spread and lose you're OUT even if your team wins. It's an all or nothing proposition.

After week 8 it's last person standing. Unless you ALL lose and I have to do a restart like last year.

So to understand this game....There are 32 teams. Each week you pick one of them teams with or without points spread and hope that you win that game with or without pointspread. You can only use one team per season. So if your team wins for that week (cleveland) then you can not use that team again for the season. Is this correct? Also, it matters not who else has picked that team. It is up to your list whether you can play that team that week. Again, Correct?? Just trying to set the base rules and then adaptable rooles. he he he

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":668v1ybn said:
hawksfansinceday1":668v1ybn said:
MizzouHawkGal":668v1ybn said:

You should play! No reason not to - it's not like you can fix the results. And, if you win you should get the prize too.

I'm in.

rideaducati

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2kgs8ouc said:
It will be fun guys. I know it will be bloody but I have a couple of ideas I'm thinking about that will let the people that actually pick games not against the suck wad teams week after week have a good chance.

I'm pleased that I'm getting a nice response even at this early date. I haven't told you guys the full rules yet. ;)

Ask Mileak among others, I'm fair and willing to change things on the fly if it's not working out how I expect.

It's not like a woman would have any chance at winning this contest anyway. :stirthepot:

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3my5njan said:
MizzouHawkGal":3my5njan said:

So to understand this game....There are 32 teams. Each week you pick one of them teams with or without points spread and hope that you win that game with or without pointspread. You can only use one team per season. So if your team wins for that week (cleveland) then you can not use that team again for the season. Is this correct? Also, it matters not who else has picked that team. It is up to your list whether you can play that team that week. Again, Correct?? Just trying to set the base rules and then adaptable rooles. he he he
That about covers it. Because the points are only used to do a kind of second chance for the people that are out before game 9.

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":373vj6a1 said:
MizzouHawkGal":373vj6a1 said:
It will be fun guys. I know it will be bloody but I have a couple of ideas I'm thinking about that will let the people that actually pick games not against the suck wad teams week after week have a good chance.

I'm pleased that I'm getting a nice response even at this early date. I haven't told you guys the full rules yet. ;)

Ask Mileak among others, I'm fair and willing to change things on the fly if it's not working out how I expect.

It's not like a woman would have any chance at winning this contest anyway. :stirthepot:
As long as I beat you it will be good enough...sirrah!

rideaducati

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3pbiw7b6 said:
rideaducati":3pbiw7b6 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3pbiw7b6 said:

Don't threaten me with a good time. :stirthepot:

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":1tza17t0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1tza17t0 said:
rideaducati":1tza17t0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1tza17t0 said:

Don't threaten me with a good time. :stirthepot:
Hah! :mrgreen:

Quit trying to derail my perfectly nice thread with your weird preferences.;)

Ozzy

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1lyg8irk said:
austinslater25":1lyg8irk said:
EXCELLENT. I've heard so much about you but it's never been football related. Glad to welcome you into my little game though. :thirishdrinkers:
That can't be good? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts