Mizzou's 2015 Survivor Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptisme

Reaction score
rideaducati":2cacht78 said:
ptisme":2cacht78 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2cacht78 said:
So I got bored looking at all the Russell Wilson threads about how he'll sign with New England after my minions kill Tom Brady.

I know it's a bit early but how about you guys say yea or nay? By the way, there will be actual prizes this time.

How about you guys give me an early headcount? I will do something official and pinned at the start of TC though.
I'm in.

I hope ptisme wins a bunch of Seahawk gear. We all know he's a closet Seahawk fan.
Funny story: Met a guy a few weeks back from deep in the heart of Illinois who is a Packers fan. He was in middle school during the 85' Bears run. I asked him how it was possible a kid from Illinois could be a Packer fan when he was growing up during a time when the Bears were dominant and the Packers were aweful.

He told me his mom found a really warm winter coat that just happened to be a Packers coat. She got it so cheap because nobody in Illinois wanted it. So this kid wears this coat and sure enough decides to follow the Packers. Made for some very awkward Sundays at their house.

So I asked him how in the world his dad could let his mom buy their kid a Packers coat. I couldn't imagine allowing that. The guy said: "as big of a Bears fan as my dad was he was an even bigger cheap skate":)

If I win I will donate the gear to whomever you all feel is a deserving Seahawks fan. :th2thumbs:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1xwzyqek said:
rideaducati":1xwzyqek said:
MizzouHawkGal":1xwzyqek said:
rideaducati":1xwzyqek said:
I'm taking the Vikings +3.5 week one.
Nice try. Back in line sirrah!

I don't see a line forming anywhere, sorry...and quit calling me sirrah, that's not my name. I just thought I'd call my shot early in case the point spread changes. If you ain't cheatin...
Well you're blind given this is just my recruiting thread. It seems most everyone is in. I'm drop dead serious there will be prizes this time, but I'm keeping who is handling that a secret until my actual contest thread...sirrah.;) ((sir), man you're no fun).

Me cheat? Pshaw! It's pretty simple you pick a team one time and if you decided to pick straight up and win it's worth one point but if you're confident about it, and you pick against the CURRENT spread on Friday it's worth three points. You lose? You sit and wait until the game nine reset regardless of which choice you picked that week.

Other than that it's basically the same as last year. You have to have your picks in at Saturday midnight PST. If I were mean I'd make it CST and wouldn't care so please remember that all jokes aside.

2am is ridiculously late for me if I'm not doing moderator stuff as it is.

Hey lady, what if there are Thursday games?

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
If you use a TNF game you can't use the following Sunday/Monday games of course. Deadline is Wednesday 12 am CST (current line I know about if you're going with the spread). That's correct it's CST, so if you don't like that don't use TNF. Pretty simple right?

BigMeach

Reaction score
Wait, so if we don't say we're in here then when you post the rules will it be too late?

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
BigMeach":3mrrep5l said:
Wait, so if we don't say we're in here then when you post the rules will it be too late?
Not sure I'm understanding the question. I will have the rules in one spot (it's nice to be a moderator) in a pinned thread probably in the NFL Forum. I'd like to know who's in by game four of the preseason.

The other deadlines metioned are for when the contest is running.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Ok...another question......Is there a possibility of a Bye Week for us??? I dont expect things to go wrong...but some people do have wierd priorities....:p

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":4gtvr4iv said:
Ok...another question......Is there a possibility of a Bye Week for us??? I dont expect things to go wrong...but some people do have wierd priorities....:p

Has not even started yet and he's looking for favors and a mulligan.................

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":py0myq5b said:
Seahawkfan80":py0myq5b said:

Has not even started yet and he's looking for SPECIALfavors and a mulligan.................

FIFY..... 8)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Are we there yet?

I'm taking the Vikings week one, but I am finding that they are anywhere from a 2.5 to 3.5 point underdog. Will you be posting point spreads each week that don't change or are you going to get your point spreads from a site where the numbers can change. Getting from a site where numbers change means timing is everything.

Thank you in advance and I'm taking the Vikings week one.

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":2eivkmw0 said:
Are we there yet?

I'm taking the Vikings week one, but I am finding that they are anywhere from a 2.5 to 3.5 point underdog. Will you be posting point spreads each week that don't change or are you going to get your point spreads from a site where the numbers can change. Getting from a site where numbers change means timing is everything.

Thank you in advance and I'm taking the Vikings week one.
I'll use something simple like ESPN or similar where they're fairly static with the deadline the same as I've previously mentioned.

Thank you for asking. :mrgreen:

Teriana

Reaction score
I'll play, we chicks need to stick together and teach the boys a lesson! :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Teriana":8pbo821o said:
I'll play, we chicks need to stick together and teach the boys a lesson! :thirishdrinkers:
Woot! :th2thumbs:

If you followed last year I don't think I actually played(if I did I lost pretty early) but I did finish in the top 5-10 in the pick a score game. This year I'll play and Red Alice is in also. Maybe even Zag hawk is in....not sure because it seems I'm getting a really good turn out and won't collate everything until next month

But if she's in that makes four women for certain :D

OP
OP
MizzouHawkGal

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1yxvnm61 said:
Dude...I did say up thread I'd work with you because you're a total hunter guy. But there are limits. How about this? You play and win given you have the option to prove you're so much smarter than us girls....bet against the spread or not....

Seriously, I'll work with you if you're in. Be like Ridacauti or whatever name he uses that I can't spell. The man has a set. Picking Minnesota with the spread before TC. I love it.

You guys better take note. He's going balls out. :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3gmz8xan said:
Seahawkfan80":3gmz8xan said:
Dude...I did say up thread I'd work with you because you're a total hunter guy. But there are limits. How about this? You play and win given you have the option to prove you're so much smarter than us girls....bet against the spread or not....

Seriously, I'll work with you if you're in. Be like Ridacauti or whatever name he uses that I can't spell. The man has a set. Picking Minnesota with the spread before TC. I love it.

You guys better take note. He's going balls out. :)

Ride a Ducati. It's really not that difficult. It took a while for the internet to allow screen names with spaces in them and I had the name elsewhere, so I just left it that way here.

Yes, I'm taking the Vikings and the points vs the whiners. The niners are my new Jacksonville in survival pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.