Moffitt returns to the NFL, signs with the Eagles

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Very glad he signed with the Eagles. A second chance should be a fresh start with a new team and coaches. His career was going nowhere in Sea, and Cable was far from glowing about him while he was here.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
justafan":13atycva said:
I dont get peoples problem with a guy who doesnt have his heart into it and decides to retire.He could have coasted the year and took the broncos money but he felt like he was done at the time.He did the honorable thing and got out.He didnt take money he wasnt earning.
People dont have a problem with other Hawks who have screwed up and hurt the team.They certainly dont have a problem with a guy who gets hammered and ends up with a crazy chick biting on his nose, gets arrested and kicked off his college team.Why the anger with a guy who wasnt even a hawk when he retired?

Who's angry?

If Moffitt's heart wasn't in playing, now why all of a sudden is his heart back? Most people are speculating it's about the money, as in he doesn't have any now. That's all. Not angry, just think Moffitt's only coming back because his lifestyle is taking a hit.

Which is fine, if the dude wants to make a lot of money, god speed. But don't expect us to get all excited about it, or not be skeptical about why he's returning.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
If he showed any kind of dedication to his craft while he was playing, he might pursue a career as a coach like Lofa is doing now. He's always been an entertaining and likable personality. Why not work on becoming a broadcaster, a la Mike Rob? I don't imagine his tenure in Philly will last very long, but I wish him luck.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Moffitt did some nice work in the 2012 run to the playoffs; the Chicago win on the road in particular, the one where Sidney Rice caught the TD pass and then got hit after the catch and concussed and fumbled but the score was already in the books.

I watched that drive focusing on Moffitt, and he had some surprisingly good run blocks and pass pro in the two game-winning drives (one drive to tie and one to win). Honestly, I was looking at the film expecting to see Moffitt screw up, get blown off the line, etc., but that's not what I saw. If any O-Line gurus watched that drive and Moffitt in it, it would be great to hear their take.

I think Moffitt is a legit NFL journeyman lineman, no, probably not a Pro Bowler, but a legit pro, and I hope he does well in Philly. I expect he'll be a decent fit for them, make their roster, and if he stays healthy, play a good share of snaps for them. I suspect Moffitt's heart is in it now.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
olyfan63":33obpo7h said:
Moffitt did some nice work in the 2012 run to the playoffs; the Chicago win on the road in particular, the one where Sidney Rice caught the TD pass and then got hit after the catch and concussed and fumbled but the score was already in the books.

I watched that drive focusing on Moffitt, and he had some surprisingly good run blocks and pass pro in the two game-winning drives (one drive to tie and one to win). Honestly, I was looking at the film expecting to see Moffitt screw up, get blown off the line, etc., but that's not what I saw. If any O-Line gurus watched that drive and Moffitt in it, it would be great to hear their take.

I think Moffitt is a legit NFL journeyman lineman, no, probably not a Pro Bowler, but a legit pro, and I hope he does well in Philly. I expect he'll be a decent fit for them, make their roster, and if he stays healthy, play a good share of snaps for them. I suspect Moffitt's heart is in it now.

I thought Henry Melton absolutely dominated Moffitt in that Chicago game. PFF gave him a -4.5 on 68 snaps after replacing an injured James Carpenter. Israel Idonije got him with the bull rush and he was late in picking up a stunt from Shea McClelli. That pretty much epitomized Moffitt's lack of athleticism -- power and speed -- or dedication to his craft. Then, of course, he was traded.

Latest posts