Mone realeased

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Nice!
Next Lockett restructure and we are ready for Free Agency!
Man we created so much cap and didnt lose one great player.
I wouldn't want them to restructure Lockett, it would move so much dead cap into 2025. I feel like just sucking it up this year and if, for whatever reason, Tyler's not ready to hang it up next year and we want him back, we cut him and bring him back under a more team friendly deal.

His hit is so huge now because we kept restructuring him already.

They had no way of predicting he would get injured. Glad they moved on. Any work on what cap space it opens up?
$5.4 million.

warden

Reaction score
Pete tried his best to keep it rolling. Hell he finished his last season with the Hawks with a winning record and the year before that with double digit wins. But the time has come when we need an overhaul and rebuild to take the next level.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Nice!
Next Lockett restructure and we are ready for Free Agency!
Man we created so much cap and didnt lose one great player.

If you release Lockett next year you save up 17mill and dead cap is around 9-10mil.

But if you restructure his contract, it's like vice versa.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pete tried his best to keep it rolling. Hell he finished his last season with the Hawks with a winning record and the year before that with double digit wins. But the time has come when we need an overhaul and rebuild to take the next level.

The Hawks were 9-8 their last two seasons.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Why not just release or trade Lockett now? He’s the third most expensive player, and his production has declined with more targets going to Jsn and DK.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Why not just release or trade Lockett now? He’s the third most expensive player, and his production has declined with more targets going to Jsn and DK.
Because releasing Lockett saves us only $7 million and he still had the most targets of any receiver on the team.

Trading probably isn't much of an option unless we want to eat his cap hit (which would defeat a major part of the trade).

Releasing him in 2025 where his cap hit is much larger than his dead cap hit makes more sense. (And he can theoretically still be resigned on a more realistic contract next year if we don't actually want him to go.)

toffee

Reaction score
I wouldn't want them to restructure Lockett, it would move so much dead cap into 2025. I feel like just sucking it up this year and if, for whatever reason, Tyler's not ready to hang it up next year and we want him back, we cut him and bring him back under a more team friendly deal.

His hit is so huge now because we kept restructuring him already.

$5.4 million.
You got my vote

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
In my opinion Mone should have been released a year ago. Should have been the first to get released. He has never did anything to earn that kind of money.