More Russell!!

Tical21

Reaction score
What the heck are they even doing? We handed off 15 times!! We have a quarterback that is elite and reading defenses when the defenses know we are going to pass. Why do we even waste time with the running game?? Let Russ Cook already!! Let Russ Cook! Let Russ Cook!! Lets gooooooooooooooo!!!

cymatica

Reaction score
Seattle had the highest pass to run ratio last week and it was the worst game for the offense by far. Should have ran more, especially with a 3rd string right tackle who can't pass protect

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
cymatica":27nkvgrx said:
Seattle had the highest pass to run ratio last week and it was the worst game for the offense by far. Should have ran more, especially with a 3rd string right tackle who can't pass protect
You obviously underestimate how incredible Russell Wilson is. If Kansas City can lead the league in passing percentage, doesn't that mean we should do the same thing? We have the best WR duo in the league! Fire Schotty!! Not passing nearly enough. Chris Carson isn't even a chef!

John63

Reaction score
okay guys in games 105 we avg 19 non Wilson runs. In the game we won weeek befor ethat everyone loved so much because we suppopsedly ran so much we ran 21 times non wilson.

Once again the problem is the change to the offense that occurred after game 5 when both Rbs went down.

Games 1-5 the whole game the snap was at different times rarely with under 5 seconds, we ran quick hitting passes, slants, curls, screens, etc. We had a lot of motion, The play got in quick and most of the time we got to the line with 15+ seconds allowing for audibles, pointing out blitzes, making calls etc, We moves the pocket more, Wilson audbiled alot, Wilson ran early. We were unpredictable.

From game 6 on we have done Little of this and when we do it was only for a few plays, or a drive. Most importantly once again we became predictable, snapping the ball with 5 or less 90% of the time.

Why the change...PCs MO, he has said he hates short passing, he wants to take time off the clock, and he likes running and chunk plays in passing game.

Pretty simple until we get back to what we did games 1-5 we will struggle

ducks41468

Reaction score
Lazy post. It's already two days after the game, there have been 100+ of these posts already.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
You know what you're not talking about...what kind of pass plays were called. EVERYTHING RW was attempting was some hold onto the ball long bomb vs maybe some quick passes or intermediate passes.

Oh and you know what...my frustration isn't so much we need a 100% passing game, it's that the offense just doesn't adapt to the game or the opponent ever. It's a failure to adapt. If the opposing defense can't stop the run, then yes...run the crap out of them, if they can't stop the long ball, do that, if they're blitzing the crap out of you then do some short quick passes. The problem isn't so much too much running, or too much passing. It's forcing the Seahawk offense into some script that works well against some opponents, sort of decent against others, and then complete bullcrap against the remainder.

Seymour

Reaction score
Threads like this are the equivalent of buzzards picking over a 3day old carcass. :roll:

Haters gotta hate, and some are more predictable than others. yawn........

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":8gal9hz4 said:
Threads like this are the equivalent of buzzards picking over a 3day old carcass. :roll:

Haters gotta hate, and some are more predictable than others. yawn........

First off it's "Haters gonna hate" get it right. Secondly that's about as useless as the "quit drinking the kool-aid" response from people who refuse to wear masks. I don't agree with other people are saying even if they use logic or data to back up their claims...meh they're insane...I have FAITH!!!

Scorpion05

Reaction score
When Russ has a top 5 O-line and doesn’t have a dumpster fire like Wheeler protecting his right side, you can be taken seriously with this sarcasm. Get him a less predictable scheme too, D-coordinators know exactly what Schotty is doing and figure him out by mid-season. Been that way since 2018 :D

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":1d308mih said:
okay guys in games 105 we avg 19 non Wilson runs. In the game we won weeek befor ethat everyone loved so much because we suppopsedly ran so much we ran 21 times non wilson.

Once again the problem is the change to the offense that occurred after game 5 when both Rbs went down.

Games 1-5 the whole game the snap was at different times rarely with under 5 seconds, we ran quick hitting passes, slants, curls, screens, etc. We had a lot of motion, The play got in quick and most of the time we got to the line with 15+ seconds allowing for audibles, pointing out blitzes, making calls etc, We moves the pocket more, Wilson audbiled alot, Wilson ran early. We were unpredictable.

From game 6 on we have done Little of this and when we do it was only for a few plays, or a drive. Most importantly once again we became predictable, snapping the ball with 5 or less 90% of the time.

Why the change...PCs MO, he has said he hates short passing, he wants to take time off the clock, and he likes running and chunk plays in passing game.

First of all, when Russ gets man coverage, he snaps the ball quickly. When he gets zone, he doesn't. Nothing to do with coaching. 100% Russ.

Second, watch for Matty Brown's analysis this week. Literally everything you've said is complete nonsense. WIDE OPEN receivers all over the field. Simple schemes. Dig routes, flood, underneath stuff. All passed up.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3ksv2wzv said:
You know what you're not talking about...what kind of pass plays were called. EVERYTHING RW was attempting was some hold onto the ball long bomb vs maybe some quick passes or intermediate passes.

Oh and you know what...my frustration isn't so much we need a 100% passing game, it's that the offense just doesn't adapt to the game or the opponent ever. It's a failure to adapt. If the opposing defense can't stop the run, then yes...run the crap out of them, if they can't stop the long ball, do that, if they're blitzing the crap out of you then do some short quick passes. The problem isn't so much too much running, or too much passing. It's forcing the Seahawk offense into some script that works well against some opponents, sort of decent against others, and then complete bullcrap against the remainder.
Watch for Matty Brown this week. He's about to post an article highlighting wide open receivers, that Russell was looking right at, all over the field, on simple concepts. We had short routes, we had intermediate routes. Wide open. All game.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3t3yne85 said:
When Russ has a top 5 O-line and doesn’t have a dumpster fire like Wheeler protecting his right side, you can be taken seriously with this sarcasm. Get him a less predictable scheme too, D-coordinators know exactly what Schotty is doing and figure him out by mid-season. Been that way since 2018 :D
So when we get a top-5 O-line and the best receiving duo in football, then maybe Russ can be effective?

TypeSly

Reaction score
Which broken RB do you want to run the ball with?

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":1id39d56 said:
John63":1id39d56 said:

First of all, when Russ gets man coverage, he snaps the ball quickly. When he gets zone, he doesn't. Nothing to do with coaching. 100% Russ.

Second, watch for Matty Brown's analysis this week. Literally everything you've said is complete nonsense. WIDE OPEN receivers all over the field. Simple schemes. Dig routes, flood, underneath stuff. All passed up.

in correct nice try though. in game one he saw both man and zone and was still snapping the ball quick.

hawk45

Reaction score
Matty Brown put out his evaluation on Twitter today. He's pretty hard on Russell, and I don't know that I go along with all the plays where he graded Russell poorly, but what I will say is that it is absolutely not true that A) there wasn't enough time to throw, and B) there were no underneath routes available for Russell to throw to because OC.

That doesn't mean the play calling is perfect, but the narrative that we're calling all deep shots without adjustment to opposing pressure, which is strong in gameday forum, is flat wrong. Brown's criticism of the OC, in one example, is that he felt some of the posts could have been shallower, but that's a lot more nuanced than the typical fare around here. He did agree with a major theme here that we shold have run the ball more, but my thought on that is, Carson was very effective buy Hyde is less so. Carson we have to keep healthy, so it's not as simple as give Carson 20 carries. I'd rather boot a game here and there (long as we make the playoffs) and have Carson for the stretch. But there will be criticism if we feed Hyde and he doesn't get it done as well, which he won't.

His criticism of Russ is more nuanced than many are guilty of, and I'm as guilty as anyone of it. It's not all "Russ won't take the underneath"; a lot of his dings on Russell were when Russ had guys open deeper but hesitated and checked down. Although there are definitely plays, I think his V14 post, where he has DK wide open across the middle and stares at it for 2 seconds and just doesn't pull the trigger because he's far too afraid of a LB that isn't in position to make the play at all.

I came away thinking that the Giants had a good game plan that took Russ out of his comfort zone, and that Russ just wasn't seeing things as well as he needed to to counterbalance it.

I'd like to go back and see if Brown has analyzed Russ's earlier multiple turnover games and how that looked. vs the Rams Russ was pressing due to our defense sucking, in other games our D was good enough and I scratched my head as to why Russ would throw picks into double coverage or other mistakes.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Sadly, this type of analysis has been illustrated before this hear year. Anyone that acts surprised, shouldn't. Shotty was brought in to teach and push Russ. I love Russ's commitment but that doesn't mean he is without faults. Every player has warts.

John63

Reaction score
hawk45":3cmue7ck said:
Matty Brown put out his evaluation on Twitter today. He's pretty hard on Russell, and I don't know that I go along with all the plays where he graded Russell poorly, but what I will say is that it is absolutely not true that A) there wasn't enough time to throw, and B) there were no underneath routes available for Russell to throw to because OC.

That doesn't mean the play calling is perfect, but the narrative that we're calling all deep shots without adjustment to opposing pressure, which is strong in gameday forum, is flat wrong. Brown's criticism of the OC, in one example, is that he felt some of the posts could have been shallower, but that's a lot more nuanced than the typical fare around here. He did agree with a major theme here that we shold have run the ball more, but my thought on that is, Carson was very effective buy Hyde is less so. Carson we have to keep healthy, so it's not as simple as give Carson 20 carries. I'd rather boot a game here and there (long as we make the playoffs) and have Carson for the stretch. But there will be criticism if we feed Hyde and he doesn't get it done as well, which he won't.

His criticism of Russ is more nuanced than many are guilty of, and I'm as guilty as anyone of it. It's not all "Russ won't take the underneath"; a lot of his dings on Russell were when Russ had guys open deeper but hesitated and checked down. Although there are definitely plays, I think his V14 post, where he has DK wide open across the middle and stares at it for 2 seconds and just doesn't pull the trigger because he's far too afraid of a LB that isn't in position to make the play at all.

I came away thinking that the Giants had a good game plan that took Russ out of his comfort zone, and that Russ just wasn't seeing things as well as he needed to to counterbalance it.

I'd like to go back and see if Brown has analyzed Russ's earlier multiple turnover games and how that looked. vs the Rams Russ was pressing due to our defense sucking, in other games our D was good enough and I scratched my head as to why Russ would throw picks into double coverage or other mistakes.

The problem is what was Wilson told to do? PC alluded to wanting to take shots, so while all that can be true what if Wilson was told to take shots? Huard did one too and also said they wanted to take shots so its great people are open but if Wilson was told to take shots there you go. Just saying Wilson is off for a variety of reasons and I still believe a lot is the change that occurred after game 5 back to the same old same old. Mos tspecifically being the snapping of the ball with under 5 seconds 90% of the time. This is a PC thing.

Latest posts