More surprises coming???

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3ta59c3c said:
ivotuk":3ta59c3c said:
I believe Pete will anounce a new OC and OL coach late today, or tommorrow.

I'm sure he had something in the works before he Bevell go, and was working on OL Coach today, in my opinion, before he let Cable go.

So it makes me believe that he's already got replacements lined up. :2thumbs:

Not sure about this...I think there are interviewing rules that apply. I am not sure as I am not a coach. He may have them out by next week tho. After the process.

Sports Hernia...did you happen to make a bet about Bevell and cable being gone? I did not see them up there on the board. LOL
LOL, no, I would have bet they would have kept them, so I would have lost.

Today’s events make me feel better about my Hawks future bets though. :)

flmmkrz

Reaction score
massari":2gedazr9 said:
If they can get some good value in return for Thomas, Sherman and Bennett, they should probably trade them to get younger high draft picks and free up cap room.

If a good LT like Mike McGlinchey is there at #18 in the draft, they should pick him up and try to get at least a 2nd rounder back by trading Duane Brown too.

Earls the only guy bringing back value at this point. Bennetts trouble and Sherms off injury, all time low markets.

Browns worth keeping for us just to keep our franchise qb alive.

getnasty

Reaction score
I don't see the benefit in cutting Bennett, I think you save 2 million and were not finding anyone near his level for that. I'd rather they just reduce his snaps and let him line up inside on passing downs.

massari

Reaction score
flmmkrz":2b3q2axf said:
massari":2b3q2axf said:
If they can get some good value in return for Thomas, Sherman and Bennett, they should probably trade them to get younger high draft picks and free up cap room.

If a good LT like Mike McGlinchey is there at #18 in the draft, they should pick him up and try to get at least a 2nd rounder back by trading Duane Brown too.

Earls the only guy bringing back value at this point. Bennetts trouble and Sherms off injury, all time low markets.

Browns worth keeping for us just to keep our franchise qb alive.
I thought the same about Sherman until I read Darrelle Revis was traded for a 1st+4th coming off ACL surgery and was about the same age as Sherman.

Agree with you on Bennett, but the fact is that he's still a high quality player when healthy and has a pretty good contract. He may have value even with his age and distractions.

I'd trade Sherman and Bennett for a late 2nd or early 3rd each if possible and free up a ton of cap room. Probably wouldn't want them traded unless they can bring back a fairly good draft pick.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":22yn7hbn said:
Seahawkfan80":22yn7hbn said:
Not sure about this...I think there are interviewing rules that apply. I am not sure as I am not a coach. He may have them out by next week tho. After the process.

Sports Hernia...did you happen to make a bet about Bevell and cable being gone? I did not see them up there on the board. LOL
LOL, no, I would have bet they would have kept them, so I would have lost.

Today’s events make me feel better about my Hawks future bets though. :)

I am with you on this one.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":kxfe7bld said:
How Pete handled it up until this point was fine with me. Some fans want us to fire people left and right like we're the Browns. I like stability and I appreciate the good Bevell and Cable brought us. But it was time

Let's hope that it's not a "Frying Pan To The Fire" type lateral move.
I don't believe that will be the case, but there are sure to be some hiccups; Always is with sweeping change of this magnitude.
Here's hoping Russell Wilson has a smooth transition to the change in Offensive philosophies that are coming his way.
The numbers that he's been able to put up with CRAP Offensive Blocking in the last 3 or 4 years, has been absolutely incredible.

adeltaY

Reaction score
getnasty":1udz0us4 said:
I don't see the benefit in cutting Bennett, I think you save 2 million and were not finding anyone near his level for that. I'd rather they just reduce his snaps and let him line up inside on passing downs.

This. The problem is his snap count has needed to be reduced for a couple years, but they never do so. They need to start trusting the new guys more I guess. Cliff being out is also a factor of course.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Bennett has made taking him off the field pretty tough as he's one of the hardest interior guys to block one one one in the league.

If McDowell comes back next year, along with Naz Jones, Richardson and the rest of that young DL, I don't see why we can't reduce Bennett's snap count. I can see us drafting another edge rusher as well as more DB's.

Redsand187

Reaction score
BigBill1945":1bn5xczm said:
Seymour":1bn5xczm said:
I'll add this here. If we manage to get Shula as a OC who was excellent with the use of Olson in Carolina, I'd say Graham on a lowered salary may well be worth serious thought.

What is his marketability? He had a good year but not a great one. It seems to me he fits in more with a NO type offense. I doubt he will stay unless nobody picks him up and we negotiate his salary down. I don't see that happening.
Who is to say we won't have a NO type offense? About the only thing you can count on is Russell and Doug will be there, pretty much everyone else could easily be changed. I think they should keep him around for at least 1 more year and sign him to a 3 year deal in the 24-28 million range.

I'd bet he'd be willing to take less than 10 million a year. How much less... Well, I guess it depends on how much he enjoys flying to work in his seaplane.... :lol:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3iti7ev1 said:
Hopefully the Tanzia banner will come back?

Yes, this is the #1 key to the offseason. JS, just get it done! Tanzania FTW!!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
BigBill1945":8p5v667p said:
Sports Hernia":8p5v667p said:
Sherm stays I think the rest may be gone. At this point I think that JS wants to stockpile compensation picks for 2019 via FA losses.

Yep. That is pretty reasonable. It will be fun to watch what they do. What about the QB coach??? Does he stay or go?
Didn’t Sherm tear his achillies? It seems like that injury usually takes multiple seasons to recover if ever?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":8ghtpte9 said:
Sports Hernia":8ghtpte9 said:
Hopefully the Tanzia banner will come back?

Yes, this is the #1 key to the offseason. JS, just get it done! Tanzania FTW!!

There's no way to gloss over the fact we have gone downhill since it went. Tanzania 4EVAH!!

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1ye0wpnw said:
BigBill1945":1ye0wpnw said:
Sports Hernia":1ye0wpnw said:
Sherm stays I think the rest may be gone. At this point I think that JS wants to stockpile compensation picks for 2019 via FA losses.

Yep. That is pretty reasonable. It will be fun to watch what they do. What about the QB coach??? Does he stay or go?
Didn’t Sherm tear his achillies? It seems like that injury usually takes multiple seasons to recover if ever?

4-6months

mistaowen

Reaction score
There's no need to cut Bennett, saving $2 mil isn't worth losing a player of his caliber. He was playing through an incredibly painful injury that no one really knew about until the season was over. He was still quite effective and I think reducing his snap counts could see him get back to 10+ sacks, just means other guys need to step up.

Special teams should be overhauled from the coach to both kickers, Blair is already likely gone and Jon Ryan had some pretty awful games.

Depending on who comes in for OC should give us an idea if Jimmy is coming back. He's still a superstar, he just isn't meant to be in blocking half the game. Get a guy like Carmichael who knows how to effectively utilize him - make sure he re-signs. Require good blocking TE's who aren't downfield threats? Don't waste the money.