More trades coming?

renofox

Reaction score
Really?! I googled Chase Young after reading your post and I didn't see any news relating to it so I figured you were being sarcastic

Edit: If all it took was a mid rounder to get Chase Young, why didn't Pete/John pull the trigger to add more beasts to the depth of the defense instead of letting him go to a division rival? Are they pushing in their chips or not?!
You may have a point. Our EDGE is not as deep as many are implying.

Snap Counts to date.:

IDL (NT - Reed, Young); 85%
IDL (DE - Jones, Morris, Edwards, Adams); 122%
EDGE (OLB - Nwosu, Mafe, Taylor, Hall, Clark); 193%
TOTAL DL/EDGE; 400%

Pre-trade we had 6 IDL and 4 EDGE in the DL rotation. Each group gets about the same number of snaps.

Now we have 7 IDL but still only 4 EDGE. I see Mone may be coming back to IDL this year but I don't see any EDGE additions possible.

If we lose an EDGE to injury we'll only have 3 in the rotation? Is that right? Maybe I'm missing someone?

Maybe we should have gone after Young also?

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Maybe we should have gone after Young also?
That's what I'm thinking, if they're really pushing in their chips and shooting for a Superbowl then push them all in and get beasts that you can rotate and get sack after sack after sack after sack and keep rotating.

Trading only for LW makes me feel like they're too scared to go all in but too impatient to wait for next year.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking, if they're really pushing in their chips and shooting for a Superbowl then push them all in and get beasts that you can rotate and get sack after sack after sack after sack and keep rotating.

Trading only for LW makes me feel like they're too scared to go all in but too impatient to wait for next year.
What's flawed, is assuming they even wanted Chase Young or Montez Sweat. They clearly wanted Leonard Williams, it wasn't a settle for Leonard Williams deal. They targeted that player specifically.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
What's flawed, is assuming they even wanted Chase Young or Montez Sweat. They clearly wanted Leonard Williams, it wasn't a settle for Leonard Williams deal. They targeted that player specifically.
Right, it could've been that they weren't interested...however I'm still confused about the "one foot in, one foot out" stance with only 1 trade on a player who only has half a season left on their contract

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Right, it could've been that they weren't interested...however I'm still confused about the "one foot in, one foot out" stance with only 1 trade on a player who only has half a season left on their contract
How do you arrive at one foot in and one foot out? They wanted to improve the interior DL and they did that. Why is more than one trade necessary?

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
How do you arrive at one foot in and one foot out? They wanted to improve the interior DL and they did that. Why is more than one trade necessary?
IMO, we could've used another edge as @renofox said. We already lost Nwosu for the year, we replaced him with Clark. It would've been nice to have one more edge rusher for depth just in case. That's why I'm a little upset that Sweat went for a 3rd, we could've had that and had the depth and fresher legs for a Superbowl run

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
IMO, we could've used another edge as @renofox said. We already lost Nwosu for the year, we replaced him with Clark. It would've been nice to have one more edge rusher for depth just in case. That's why I'm a little upset that Sweat went for a 3rd, we could've had that and had the depth and fresher legs for a Superbowl run
They obviously don't agree with you or renofox.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, let's dwell on what OTHER teams do instead of being fired up for a hell of an addition to THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS.

This is Pure Gold. And yes, it sucks balls that the Niners magically have Chase. IF he stays healthy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Show me anyone on here who has said that Pete and John have never made mistakes. EVERY front office makes mistakes.

Paging the Niners for trading 3 first rounders for a QB who isn't even on the team. More Niner worship and envy, joy..........

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
All hail the flawless and perfect PCJS.

They've never made any mistakes in trades or roster construction.

Peace be upon them.
Never said that. Just that they didn't agree that they needed to add an edge rusher. No need to get sensationalist.

renofox

Reaction score
Never said that. Just that they didn't agree that they needed to add an edge rusher. No need to get sensationalist.
Sorry. I interpreted it as an implication that PCJS should never be questioned and opposing arguments had no merit.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Sorry. I interpreted it as an implication that PCJS should never be questioned and opposing arguments had no merit.
Seattle needed to do something about their interior DL. I think everyone can agree on that. They made a move to get help there.

San Francisco needs secondary help, so they went and added an edge rusher. Hope he can play corner too.

Latest posts