More trades coming?

toffee

Reaction score
We used draft capital on Leonard Williams, getting him and have Giants picked up most of his $$. We don't have use too much of our limited cap on him, I read that we used a 2nd rounder to buy down the cap bit. Does it mean that we have other trades coming that may need $$? If so, will that be on OL? LB?

What do you think?

On Leonard Williams, he hasn't been all that productive playing next to Dexter Lawrence, will he be more productive playing next to Reed and Jones? One wonders. But Williams can play all positions on DL, we suddenly are more flexible.

sutz

Reaction score
I think they're done. 1 pm EDT IIRC.

OOPS! I guess it's 1 PM PDT. An hour left to finalize something, but I still doubt they'll do more.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Hopefully - since it looks like Chase Young to the 9ers for a 3rd rounder. 🤮

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
yeah Clark and Williams is probably it. Two major needs addresses (hopefully).

I'm more worried about Clark, he stunk in Denver and was invisible Sunday. So it's not exactly addressing for the absence of Nwosu's production.

But with Mafe coming on strong and hopefully the continued development of Hall we don't have to depend on Clark as much as the season progresses.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Just spreading the truth.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

Sources: Former No. 2 overall pick #Commanders DE Chase Young is being traded to the #49ers. Incredible. Likely a mid-round pick in 2024.After dealing Montez Sweat to the #Bears, Washington now trades Young to one of the NFL’s best.
Really?! I googled Chase Young after reading your post and I didn't see any news relating to it so I figured you were being sarcastic

Edit: If all it took was a mid rounder to get Chase Young, why didn't Pete/John pull the trigger to add more beasts to the depth of the defense instead of letting him go to a division rival? Are they pushing in their chips or not?!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Patience on Clark is needed. He was hurt in Denver and has now recovered. I expect he will soon make us happy.

Chase Young is in the same situation as Leonard Williams in that both will be UFAs next year but the 49ers had to eat the rest of Chase Young's contract whereas Williams comes to the Hawks with a vet min. cap hit.

Frankly I think Chase Young is a B-U-S-T; however, opinions vary.

seabowl

Reaction score
Chase Young goes for a late third rounder and Leonard Williams goes for a 2nd and 5th.

Mike Hawk 425

Reaction score
Really?! I googled Chase Young after reading your post and I didn't see any news relating to it so I figured you were being sarcastic

Edit: If all it took was a mid rounder to get Chase Young, why didn't Pete/John pull the trigger to add more beasts to the depth of the defense instead of letting him go to a division rival? Are they pushing in their chips or not?!

Salary. 49ers have a ton of space. Seahawks do not. Hawks needed to send a higher pick, because Giants ate an overwhelming amount of Williams' salary.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Salary. 49ers have a ton of space. Seahawks do not. Hawks needed to send a higher pick, because Giants ate an overwhelming amount of Williams' salary.
I get that, but they could've reworked his contract to squeeze Young in or restructured someone else's contract to do so.

This is why I'm confused on the whole "Superbowl bound" crowd, if you want the Superbowl it's either going to take another year of solid drafting or McVay route, and it's obvious they're not going the McVay route so they should've kept the 2nd and went full speed ahead next year.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I get that, but they could've reworked his contract to squeeze Young in or restructured someone else's contract to do so.

This is why I'm confused on the whole "Superbowl bound" crowd, if you want the Superbowl it's either going to take another year of solid drafting or McVay route, and it's obvious they're not going the McVay route so they should've kept the 2nd and went full speed ahead next year.
It's also possible they didn't want Chase Young. He's had injury challenges, and hasn't performed at a number 2 overall pick level.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
How much does Seattle have? Any? It looks like it would have been about 500k for the rest of the season or something ridiculous like that.

Mike Hawk 425

Reaction score

I am not sure they could, that's the point. They've squeezed just about every penny out of this current roster.

The NFC is not especially strong right now, especially with all the banged up teams. I think PCJS see this as an opportunity to push for a deep playoff run, while still building towards the future. If Williams balls out, we most likely have a good season because of it, and we have a chance at a 3rd round comp pick coming our way if we can't re-sign him.

You can't fault the rationale, and I don't think the Hawks could have fit Young under the cap in any way.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I don't know how we're going to keep DK next year (NOT DERAILING, that's all I will say). I want him as one of our core stars for a long while personally, for the intangibles and person as well, the guy will mature a little and as he grows he will be a real leader.

His contract is relevant in this discussion is all, sorry!

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I don't know how we're going to keep DK next year (NOT DERAILING, that's all I will say). I want him as one of our core stars for a long while personally, for the intangibles and person as well, the guy will mature a little and as he grows he will be a real leader.

His contract is relevant in this discussion is all, sorry!
He is already signed and provides almost no savings if they move on. DK isn't moving unless someone offers a stupid amount of picks.