More trades coming?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I’m glad that the Commanders traded away Sweat and Young. Their defense just got much weaker. With Leo Willams in the fold the Seahawk defense got stronger. Guess who the Seahawks play on November 12th?

DJMOBEY

Reaction score
I get that, but they could've reworked his contract to squeeze Young in or restructured someone else's contract to do so.

This is why I'm confused on the whole "Superbowl bound" crowd, if you want the Superbowl it's either going to take another year of solid drafting or McVay route, and it's obvious they're not going the McVay route so they should've kept the 2nd and went full speed ahead next year.
Not sure it would be that easy.

Giants' Leonard Williams has NFL's third-largest cap hit in 2023​

ivotuk

Reaction score
Chase has not panned out considering where he was drafted. Injuries, lack of production.

Leonard on the other hand is a great run stuffer that has been playing in the interior the past couple of years. Hence the lack of stats.

The guys on the end get the stats, but the Linebackers LOVE the guys in the middle. Salk said we are going to be playing 6 games against teams with top 8 running games. Williams was a MUST for us.

I think we got a steal. Some quote his age, but that's not a great measuring stick for DL. Look at Calais Campbell.

Mick063

Reaction score
Rumor mill has it that there was much more league wide interest in Sweat than Young. Injury history and extension possibility/affordability were the supposed reasons why. I guess that explains the #2 pick for Sweat and the #3 pick for Young. I would have thought that Young would fetch the higher price. Can't confirm any of it. Message board banter.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Rumor mill has it that there was much more league wide interest in Sweat than Young. Injury history and extension possibility/affordability were the supposed reasons why. I guess that explains the #2 pick for Sweat and the #3 pick for Young. I would have thought that Young would fetch the higher price. Can't confirm any of it. Message board banter.
Plus, apparently he's an undisciplined freelancer.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
It is not surprising to hear this, and then see why the FO chose interior line to bolster with Williams.

It is, however, surprising when fans say things like, "why didn't we consider (insert player name here)?" Chase or Sweat in this case... I guarantee that JS considers every player in the league who can help the Hawks, knows their tape and production, cost, and value to this team and our scheme. It's his job and he seems to be quite good at it!

12forlife

Reaction score
2nd rd pick is a bit rich, but if he will resign for a fair 2-3 year deal then this could be a really good trade! I believe coming to a contender, playing in front of the 12's, and the dogs Wagner & Spoon all could help Williams get back to his pro bowl level!

Mick063

Reaction score
2nd rd pick is a bit rich, but if he will resign for a fair 2-3 year deal then this could be a really good trade! I believe coming to a contender, playing in front of the 12's, and the dogs Wagner & Spoon all could help Williams get back to his pro bowl level!
I believe the #2 pick was basically part of a cash money deal (in the form of obligated salary compensation to Williams) to keep Seattle within cap flexibility. If Seattle had more cap space, they probably could have absorbed some more contract obligation for Williams and spent less draft capital. In other words, it isn't an accurate assessment to talk draft picks while excluding Williams' salary obligations.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Chase has not panned out considering where he was drafted. Injuries, lack of production.

Leonard on the other hand is a great run stuffer that has been playing in the interior the past couple of years. Hence the lack of stats.

The guys on the end get the stats, but the Linebackers LOVE the guys in the middle. Salk said we are going to be playing 6 games against teams with top 8 running games. Williams was a MUST for us.

I think we got a steal. Some quote his age, but that's not a great measuring stick for DL. Look at Calais Campbell.
On the other hand, he played with Dexter Lawrence that demands double team.

morgulon1

Reaction score
It is not surprising to hear this, and then see why the FO chose interior line to bolster with Williams.

It is, however, surprising when fans say things like, "why didn't we consider (insert player name here)?" Chase or Sweat in this case... I guarantee that JS considers every player in the league who can help the Hawks, knows their tape and production, cost, and value to this team and our scheme. It's his job and he seems to be quite good at it!
Yep. If he was thinking they needed a Chase young he would have done it. It makes all kinds of sense. He didn't just go get interior depth, he got a player who will not only hold his own but contribute.

Fart

Last edited:

12forlife

Reaction score
Yep. If he was thinking they needed a Chase young he would have done it. It makes all kinds of sense. He didn't just go get interior depth, he got a player who will not only hold his own but contribute.
They gave up one of their (2) 3rd round picks and the Football Giants are eating the money . Pretty slick.
Uhm we only have 1 2nd rd pick. We have 2 3rd rd picks thanks to the giving tree Denver

morgulon1

Reaction score
Uhm we only have 1 2nd rd pick. We have 2 3rd rd picks thanks to the giving tree Denver
Yeah I realized I screwed that up. I thought they were giving them one of their 3rds. Too lazy to correct it right now. Thanks for letting me know 🙂

I'll do it on the morrow.