Most Affordable Seahawks Game in Months??

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":2hi12qpm said:
Ticket prices usually drop in price the closer you get to game day as people lower their original asking price in fear they won't sell them.

That being said, I do think these are lower then I would have thought.

That is true. Something is better than nothing when it comes to re-selling tickets, but it's odd that this game would be cheaper to watch than the Rams game was.

86Hawk

Reaction score
Thank you so much for posting this. Didnt think I was going to get to the game. Just bought two for $163 each. :bow:

chawx

Reaction score
I know I'm not in the majority here, but I think lower prices are a good thing to get REAL diehard fans into the Clink, like those who aren't afraid to make REAL noise. Sometimes when prices get too high, all you get are hoity-toity prissy pants business people looking to just show off to a client and don't really come to bring the noise. This way, the true noise makers, the ones who sit far back in the upper bowl can creep more towards the field and really EXPLODE in the face of the Saints offense...

But, what do I know, you "Negative Nelly's" are probably right...all those cheap tix are going to Saints fans and all the 12s selling tix are counting chickens before they've hatched.... ;)

86Hawk

Reaction score
chawx":2znwwitw said:
I know I'm not in the majority here, but I think lower prices are a good thing to get REAL diehard fans into the Clink, like those who aren't afraid to make REAL noise. Sometimes when prices get too high, all you get are hoity-toity prissy pants business people looking to just show off to a client and don't really come to bring the noise. This way, the true noise makers, the ones who sit far back in the upper bowl can creep more towards the field and really EXPLODE in the face of the Saints offense...

But, what do I know, you "Negative Nelly's" are probably right...all those cheap tix are going to Saints fans and all the 12s selling tix are counting chickens before they've hatched.... ;)
Your right. It's getting the die hards who will make noise. Went to 6 games this year and yell the entire game. Was too expensive before, but now I'm there screaming my ass off.

lukerguy

Reaction score
86Hawk":epz5y7y7 said:
Thank you so much for posting this. Didnt think I was going to get to the game. Just bought two for $163 each. :bow:
Sweet, glad to get you in there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah this is a little troubling. I hope people aren't taking this game for granted and just selling their seats.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
chawx":2tts8g6d said:

I do hope that getting the word out will get more Seahawks fans to buy tickets, but most of these tickets were reserved by season ticket holders, so lots of them for sale are coming from seahawks fans. Saints fans didn't know they were coming here until they won last week, and the tickets were all gone by then, so now they have an opportunity to by them and Saints fans travel pretty well, so having tickets for sale at these prices will also bring in Saints fans as well. I just hope there's not too many of them. I want to see only a see of Blue & Green

BocciHawk

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawk":14368vn3 said:
Good news for me. We're driving up from Sacramento Friday for the game Saturday. I held off on buying tickets because I knew the second it wasn't the Niners or Packers the prices would drop and they did.

This is most of what is going on. The Seahawks crushed the Saints recently, but had a very competitive game vs the Rams at the Rams and when the Rams home game became the clinching game Rams tickets jumped in price...

I might add that flying from Seattle to New Orleans is non trivial, the connections kind of suck, and on short notice, tickets would be pretty expensive for flying... and I'm sorry but their fan base doesn't travel even remotely as well as Green Bay (we have TONS of Wisconsin transplants in Seattle) or SF (tons of cheap airplane flights, not to mention the local fan demand would be huge for that opponent).

I'm not at all surprised that prices dropped a bit when the Saints advanced. I am slightly surprised that some tickets in some areas are cheaper than the Rams game... but not really.

BTW, IMHO all of this is actually a good sign, in that the locals are valuing NFC West opponents appropriately i.e. for years it was hard to sell or give away Cardinals or Rams tickets... IMHO those are good teams and should be exciting games, so the tickets should be valued appropriately, especialy divisional regular season games.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
BocciHawk":2c9mr0ng said:
NorCalSeahawk":2c9mr0ng said:
Good news for me. We're driving up from Sacramento Friday for the game Saturday. I held off on buying tickets because I knew the second it wasn't the Niners or Packers the prices would drop and they did.

This is most of what is going on. The Seahawks crushed the Saints recently, but had a very competitive game vs the Rams at the Rams and when the Rams home game became the clinching game Rams tickets jumped in price...

I might add that flying from Seattle to New Orleans is non trivial, the connections kind of suck, and on short notice, tickets would be pretty expensive for flying... and I'm sorry but their fan base doesn't travel even remotely as well as Green Bay (we have TONS of Wisconsin transplants in Seattle) or SF (tons of cheap airplane flights, not to mention the local fan demand would be huge for that opponent).

I'm not at all surprised that prices dropped a bit when the Saints advanced. I am slightly surprised that some tickets in some areas are cheaper than the Rams game... but not really.

BTW, IMHO all of this is actually a good sign, in that the locals are valuing NFC West opponents appropriately i.e. for years it was hard to sell or give away Cardinals or Rams tickets... IMHO those are good teams and should be exciting games, so the tickets should be valued appropriately, especialy divisional regular season games.

I agree that divisional regular season games should be valued, but regular season games shouldn't be valued above Post Season games at any time. Post season games are each special in their own right. Post season against a division rival would be the most exciting, but any post season game should be valued at more than any regular season game (with the caveat that the regular season game isn't one of those need to win in week 17 to make the playoff scenarios.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BocciHawk":i00p867v said:

But not over playoff games.

This is either over confidence or apathy towards the playoffs. Neither is a good thing, we certainly haven't been a good team for a long enough period for first round playoff apathy to set in, that's for sure.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
He was talking about how lots of people are selling this weekend to save up for potential tickets for next weekend. I don't like hearing or seeing that. The team and fans have got to ring their top stuff on Saturday.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Wish I didn't rush to buy mine.. I was worried the Packers/49ers would be our opponent and spike the ticket cost.

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
i have a set that I'm selling, not getting anywhere with it. demand for these tickets is way down. i dont get it.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Why the hell are people selling? Stop trying to make a quick buck and go witness history.

ivotuk

Reaction score
chawx":bmidw624 said:
I know I'm not in the majority here, but I think lower prices are a good thing to get REAL diehard fans into the Clink, like those who aren't afraid to make REAL noise.

Sometimes when prices get too high, all you get are hoity-toity prissy pants business people looking to just show off to a client and don't really come to bring the noise.

This way, the true noise makers, the ones who sit far back in the upper bowl can creep more towards the field and really EXPLODE in the face of the Saints offense...

Great points and I'll bet you are absolutely correct.

I think it's kind of funny that the people who bought the tickets just to make money off of them are taking it in the shorts 8)

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Sad to see, but not surprising. Fanbase is getting kind of arrogant. Which means that the crowd might pucker up when this game is a dogfight and the team needs them the most.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
kidhawk":1nhid5t7 said:
Yoonhawk":1nhid5t7 said:
The guy they were talking to works for a company I've heard advertised on their radio station often... Venue Kings.

Yup that's the one. I just did a google search and found it and came back to post it.

So... the guy from the place selling tix goes on the radio station where he buys advertising to do an ad, er story, about selling tix?

Great, now a bunch of remote Saints fans will be buying cheap tix so they can send their federal agent friends and wives to the game. :stirthepot:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I figured this would happen if the Saints came to town...I thought it would be GB or Sanf Fran so bought high before the games as I figured the price would skyrocket more if I didn't..damn!

hawksnfcsbest

Reaction score
I just wanted to put my two cents in on this conversation. I have had my 2 seats for 11 straight seasons. I would never sell my tickets, especially playoff tickets. I really really hate scalpers!

Full disclosure: I payed $232 for my 2 seats, in section 139 row B(2nd row).

Right now tickets in my section are going for $400 each. So I could double my money if I wanted to. But the experience and joy and fun that I have as a diehard hawks fan from going to a home playoff game and contributing to the power of the 12 man is priceless!

GO HAWKS