Mr. Tharold Simon

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
I have been looking for information on Simon but can't find anything on his status. With all of this drama I was hoping to see some Simon news (the last I saw, he was going to return to practice)... When Browner went down with his groin injury, I was waiting for Simon to be activated and Browner to be placed on IR... Wondering if this is still a possibility with the signing of Cox and the promotion of Shead and possible signing of Winfield.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The coaching staff knows nothing about him besides his measurables. Before this week, he's never participated in an NFL practice or training camp. It would be unrealistic to expect him to play this year. If he did, he would likely be a liability. My feeling is that his practices will be purely for evaluation and development.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1yvbit5v said:
The coaching staff knows nothing about him besides his measurables. Before this week, he's never participated in an NFL practice or training camp. It would be unrealistic to expect him to play this year. If he did, he would likely be a liability. My feeling is that his practices will be purely for evaluation and development.

This. He probably doesn't play this year. He certainly doesn't play soon if he does.

Throwdown

Reaction score
If I had to guess, he's headed to IR. Carroll said that he's practicing this week, but it'll really be the first time they've seen him play at all since rookie mini camp, that was in like what, beginning of May? They obviously like him and they made the trade to guarantee themselves get him, and Jesse Williams, just really have no information on him, Maxwell, Lane, and Shead will get the crack at Browners old spot before Simon does if I had to put money on it, make no mistake though, Simon will get his shot though.

Seafan

Reaction score
Simon participated in an OTA or two IIRC. He won't get activated. They are simply using the opportunity just like with Scruggs to see him in practice. It's like having two extra practice squad guys. They are headed to IR unless the Hawks have a rash of injuries.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":up1401sv said:
If I had to guess, he's headed to IR. Carroll said that he's practicing this week, but it'll really be the first time they've seen him play at all since rookie mini camp, that was in like what, beginning of May? They obviously like him and they made the trade to guarantee themselves get him, and Jesse Williams, just really have no information on him, Maxwell, Lane, and Shead will get the crack at Browners old spot before Simon does if I had to put money on it, make no mistake though, Simon will get his shot though.

I've got SUPER high hopes for Simon, he's got the tools and the athletic ability. He is the prototypical Pete Carroll Legion of Boom corner; big, strong, fast, aggressive, chip on his shoulder... but he's very raw. He came out early from LSU after only really starting for 1 season (he was behind Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborne and Tyrran Mathieu) so he's going to need a lot of work to get up to NFL caliber. Not the guy who's going to swoop in to save the day this year, but he's only 22 y/o, so we've got time to be patient.

I have a feeling that in a few years, people are going to be scratching their heads tryign to remember who the other guy in the LoB was before Simon. People will be like ".....OH YEAH! Brandon Browner! He was pretty good, but SIMON is awesome!" That and he's totally going to own Eunice by then.

His draft profile totally reads like Brandon Browner ver 2.0. Link

Strengths: Good-sized athlete with quick read/react skills. Long arms and uses his reach to make plays on the ball. Physical to work through blocks and seeks out contact. Violent striker and plays with an aggressive mentality. Will bait and drive on throws. Natural ballskills with good highpointing skills and catching radius. Confident and plays fearless.

Weaknesses: Not a quick-twitch athlete and lacks elite long-speed. Lacks the fluid hips or feet to quickly recover when he gets turned around.... <more>

Throwdown

Reaction score
CANHawk":jhpyi6h2 said:
Throwdown":jhpyi6h2 said:

I've got SUPER high hopes for Simon, he's got the tools and the athletic ability. He is the prototypical Pete Carroll Legion of Boom corner; big, strong, fast, aggressive, chip on his shoulder... but he's very raw. He came out early from LSU after only really starting for 1 season (he was behind Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborne and Tyrran Mathieu) so he's going to need a lot of work to get up to NFL caliber. Not the guy who's going to swoop in to save the day this year, but he's only 22 y/o, so we've got time to be patient.

I have a feeling that in a few years, people are going to be scratching their heads tryign to remember who the other guy in the LoB was before Simon. People will be like ".....OH YEAH! Brandon Browner! He was pretty good, but SIMON is awesome!" That and he's totally going to own Eunice by then.

His draft profile totally reads like Brandon Browner ver 2.0. Link

Strengths: Good-sized athlete with quick read/react skills. Long arms and uses his reach to make plays on the ball. Physical to work through blocks and seeks out contact. Violent striker and plays with an aggressive mentality. Will bait and drive on throws. Natural ballskills with good highpointing skills and catching radius. Confident and plays fearless.

Weaknesses: Not a quick-twitch athlete and lacks elite long-speed. Lacks the fluid hips or feet to quickly recover when he gets turned around.... <more>

Actually sounds like a mix between Browner & Sherman, can't go wrong with that mixture.

Simon was my adopt a rookie, so of course i'm rooting for him.

the_12th_man

Reaction score
I saw some tape on this guy and really counted on him being Browner's eventual replacement. Man I wish he could suit up this year. Guy has "steal" written all over him. Hope he lives up to my expectations.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Coach said he had a good practice and is further along than he thought, from a recovery standpoint. From the pics of practice, looks like Sherm was laying some training the youngster. I love this secondary! You will be trained, and assimilated. The Legion of Borg!

Better not bring the same offense the second time you play them, or you aint getting jack shiznit!

Saints33

Reaction score
As an LSU fan, Tharold Simon imo came out for pro a year too early. He was not that physical as a cb but did have good cover skills, very athletic. I felt he should have stayed his senior year at LSU. He has all the intangibles to be a good corner in the NFL but definitely needs a couple years to mature and learn how to play in the NFL. He had alot better sophomore year than junior year at LSU.

OP
OP
S

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1nlg21pf said:
Coach said he had a good practice and is further along than he thought, from a recovery standpoint. From the pics of practice, looks like Sherm was laying some training the youngster. I love this secondary! You will be trained, and assimilated. The Legion of Borg!

Better not bring the same offense the second time you play them, or you aint getting jack shiznit!

Time for me to stop reading.... for a second there I thought you wrote "The Legion of Bong"

McGruff

Reaction score
One of the things to consider as we fret about future depth and free agents, is that this draft class has the potential to be a free draft class for us. Aside from Willson and Bowie, they contributed nothing, but it's hard to overlook the pot entail impact of Simon, Michael, Hill and Williams on this team next year and beyond. Add in Bailey, and we're in better shape than we think.

McGruff

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":38b6qj7x said:

That assimilation comes directly from Kris Rishard and especially Marquand Manuel, who saw what happens in our SB appearance when a backup is not assimilated and prepared to play.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hey, speaking of guys with potential that we never really see... what's the word on Korey Toomer these days? IIRC they kind of wanted him to play that role that Bruce Irvin is playing now. I remember there being really high hopes for him at one point, but he doesn't seem to do much. He's on the "reserve/non football" list, whatever the hell that is. Are we ever going to see this guy, or is he the new Dexter Davis..?

Basis4day

Reaction score
CANHawk":1cwtk1i7 said:
Hey, speaking of guys with potential that we never really see... what's the word on Korey Toomer these days? IIRC they kind of wanted him to play that role that Bruce Irvin is playing now. I remember there being really high hopes for him at one point, but he doesn't seem to do much. He's on the "reserve/non football" list, whatever the hell that is. Are we ever going to see this guy, or is he the new Dexter Davis..?

NFI rules mirror those for PUP, the difference being that players on NFI lists suffered injuries unrelated to football.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":10pktoev said:
CANHawk":10pktoev said:

NFI rules mirror those for PUP, the difference being that players on NFI lists suffered injuries unrelated to football.
So.... hot tub accident?

drdiags

Reaction score
Done for the year

Bob Condotta ?@bcondotta 4m
Deadline passed for Seahawks to put Tharold Simon and Greg Scuggs on active roster so they will remain on PUP and are done for season.

CANHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":rr4uqrbb said:
Done for the year

Bob Condotta ?@bcondotta 4m
Deadline passed for Seahawks to put Tharold Simon and Greg Scuggs on active roster so they will remain on PUP and are done for season.

Bummer. Was hoping to see Scruggs get some game time this year. I really like both those guys. I think they're going to step up big next year and help us forget about some fan faves that will be forced to move on.

Latest posts