M's Off season, 2017-2018

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Which team(s) fit that besides us?Oakland and California are out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":10lcf3y9 said:
Which team(s) fit that besides us?Oakland and California are out.
The article I read made it sound like Oakland was out as well. Not trying to get too excited but I think the Mariners are the odds on favorite. I like that he told the Yanks and Red Sox to take a walk. :lol:

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Hernandez, Darvish, Ohtani, Paxton, and Iwakuma would be an awesome rotation. Not sure if the M's will go after Darvish, but if Ohtani does go with the M's, that would probably give Darvish some interest. That would be a really, really cool, fun and awesome starting rotation to watch.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
There are seven teams still in the running. The Angels, Cubs, Dodgers, Giants, Mariners, Padres, and Rangers.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score

getnasty

Reaction score
Has there ever been a player that has pitched and then played the field in the last 50 years? Is that the plan or will they just choose one over the other? This is to good to be true

IndyHawk

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":1ajt1kot said:
Hernandez, Darvish, Ohtani, Paxton, and Iwakuma would be an awesome rotation. Not sure if the M's will go after Darvish, but if Ohtani does go with the M's, that would probably give Darvish some interest. That would be a really, really cool, fun and awesome starting rotation to watch.
One thing I read is-He does not want a fellow Japanese player on the team..
Bye Bye Dodgers.He does not want to be in a big market..Bye Bye a lot of teams.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
getnasty":3uywtyt2 said:
Has there ever been a player that has pitched and then played the field in the last 50 years? Is that the plan or will they just choose one over the other? This is to good to be true

Was reading where he'd pitch, have an off day, play rt field the following 3 days. Cruz would play rt field on his off day. Not sure whether or not there is plans to have him hit if he pitches or not.. can you pitch and DH at the same time? If so, can you stay in the game as a DH if your taken out.. lot of things going on.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You can pitch and hit in the AL but you lose the DH for the game.
You could pitch and not hit but lets say in the 6th you get a relief pitcher
The starter can move to the outfield and take that players spot and you still retain the DH.

massari

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":1m14jeum said:
I think I'd rather get a guy like Lance Lynn or Alex Cobb instead of Darvish considering they'll cost a bit less, thus having more money in the budget for a free agent CF like Lorenzo Cain.

Paxton
Lynn/Cobb
Ohtani
Felix
Leake

Iwakuma
Gonzales
Miranda
Ramirez

Pretty solid rotation other than the fact of only one LHP.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
massari":b44ct7ip said:
dumbrabbit":b44ct7ip said:
I think I'd rather get a guy like Lance Lynn or Alex Cobb instead of Darvish considering they'll cost a bit less, thus having more money in the budget for a free agent CF like Lorenzo Cain.

Paxton
Lynn/Cobb
Ohtani
Felix
Leake
Iwakuma

Pretty solid rotation other than the fact of only one LHP. They do have Gonzales and Miranda though.
I'd be happy with that :2thumbs:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2ozvde22 said:
dumbrabbit":2ozvde22 said:

hmmmm...if this true....didn't the M's just re-sign Iwakuma? M's will be true to form and find a way to screw this up. He'll end up going to the SF Giants.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
hawkfan68":21ob0ur9 said:
IndyHawk":21ob0ur9 said:
dumbrabbit":21ob0ur9 said:

hmmmm...if this true....didn't the M's just re-sign Iwakuma? M's will be true to form and find a way to screw this up. He'll end up going to the SF Giants.

If that is true I think he would consider waiving that clause if he signs with the M's. Maybe they won't go after Darvish, but Seattle has a very good Japanese culture, and Seattle has had a long history of successful Japanese players. Ohtani could learn a thing or two from Iwakuma while during ST.

At least if he has to be teammates with Iwakuma, Ohtani could lead the team - Iwakuma will be just another pitcher in the pitching rotation so Ohtani would still be the face of the pitching staff.

Just my $0.02. I can't take an educated guess where he signs.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2kcywy8i said:
IndyHawk":2kcywy8i said:
dumbrabbit":2kcywy8i said:

If the M's know they are getting Ohtani but Kuma is in the way.
Bye Bye Kuma..He is signed to to a Tacoma contract anyway if you didn't know.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1csrjcwc said:
hawkfan68":1csrjcwc said:
IndyHawk":1csrjcwc said:
dumbrabbit":1csrjcwc said:

If the M's know they are getting Ohtani but Kuma is in the way.
Bye Bye Kuma..He is signed to to a Tacoma contract anyway if you didn't know.
Padres.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/938589909119635457[/tweet]

DQaQrcnVQAAO_YV.jpg

Josea16

Reaction score
Who is this guy? Is he big power hitter or something? What's his comp player? Sounds like a punk diva like the Manning brothers in the NFL. He better be at least as good as as Peyton (surefire HOF type) in my opinion.