Just draft Penix or Nix at 16th

Welshers2

Reaction score
I said not to before but I've reconsidered. The team needs a QB. With Williams, Daniel's, and May set to be the first 3 drafted, there's a good chance Penix or Nix are still on the board when we pick.

I say just bite the bullet and take one. Have them sit behind Geno and learn for a year. Penix reminds me of a better Me3 who Pete used well

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm fully on board with the "don't overthink it" philosophy.

Assuming they know more about QBs and the implications of their tendencies and injuries, I hope they just draft somebody they think will be good. We need a QB. Smith and Lock are NOT the answer. I'm glad we kicked the tires on Geno, because there's some talent there. It's time to move on, though, and QB is too important of a position.

If they don't draft a QB for whatever reason, it BETTER BE because they are working out a deal to obtain an NFL-caliber QB from some other team, like Detroit did acquiring Goff.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
I'm fully on board with the "don't overthink it" philosophy.

Assuming they know more about QBs and the implications of their tendencies and injuries, I hope they just draft somebody they think will be good. We need a QB. Smith and Lock are NOT the answer. I'm glad we kicked the tires on Geno, because there's some talent there. It's time to move on, though, and QB is too important of a position.

If they don't draft a QB for whatever reason, it BETTER BE because they are working out a deal to obtain an NFL-caliber QB from some other team, like Detroit did acquiring Goff.
Now that there will be a new coach... I'm sure the new guy will want to choose his qb

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Didn't Penix have a season ending injury 4 times?

If so, no thanks.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
The clueless never cease to amaze me. If he's there, take him. I often wonder if people even watch UW football.
Spare me with "the clueless". I don't care how good he is or has been. A guy with that kind of injury history has layed the ground work for a frustrating career of on and off the injury bug.

HELLO J. ADAMS!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You guys are hilarious. But you have a right to your OPINION.

I just doubt you know even HALF what I know about Penix. I've watched every snap he's taken with UW.
Have you? I highly doubt it.
Pure Gold. But, you'll see.........he's going to be just fine in the NFL.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Hell no. Seriously Penix will be a crappy pro. That you all can't see that befuddles me. Nix as well. You all need to watch more non PAC college ball.
I don't watch much college ball but the his release looks so suspect to me every time I see UW play.