My concerns for this game

seahawks08

Reaction score
Absolutely not worried about injuries. The system Caroll put in place also focuses on strong conditioning and I think the way we know each other, its going to be a hard fought game. I think both teams have to protect their players and not play stupid. Even though the players say stuff, the coaches do a fine job to focus them to play ball. After the bounty gate, nobody is going to play to take people off the field like the players are saying. I think Seahawks will win and remain healthy too.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3lty0s6k said:
I was text messaging with my friend Bestfightstory yesterday (because I can't do it here anymore) about my concerns for this game. We discussed the offense, the defense, special teams, ect. None of those have either of us overly concerned.

What does concern me, and him as well, is injury. I am very concerned that this game is going to be very cheap and chippy. A major penis measuring contest. Who can hurt the other team first. The ninnies have professed their desire to hurt us. They have circled this game as their game of the year. The cheap shots to the head and knees I am afraid of. I can see them purposely attempting to derail our superb owl run with cheap shots. They tend to get injured whenever they play us and my concern is that they will resort to cheap tactics to turn the tables. A little of our own medicine.

I pray that somehow we get out of this game without any season altering injuries. Let's hope that this post is not othetic.

This is my biggest concern with every game. Never had a team with such great talent and heart, both sides of the ball. Only thing that can really slow them is injury. Hope no one gets hurt for either team.

SC

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I really hope the Whiners do stupid penalties that hopefully don't get anyone hurt. I have a feeling they will do stupid things. I can't count on Breno not doing it though.
The flags will be flying tomorrow for sure.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm not worried about cheap shots. If they weren't playing for anything but pride, I might be a bit concerned, but the Niners are still very much in the hunt for the playoffs. They're professionals, and will be concentrating 100% of their efforts on winning the game. This isn't going to be a game between the prison guards and the cons.

drdiags

Reaction score
I wouldn't throw much to Miller over the middle. He and Willson have had some awkward shots to the knee that they have been lucky to get up from. Whitner was taking shots in the first game and got a good hit on Miller's knee that I am not sure how he walked away from. Saints had a similar one on Willson.

The hit on Wilson in the 1st 9ers game was legit, Pete said so himself. Jim Harbaugh had questioned the NFL position's prior to the Packers game about the NFL's messaging that a hit on RO QBs was okay if they were still in position to be considered a runner after the hand-off. Brooks didn't have to pull up, so he took the shot. Any NFL defender would. It's part of the intimidation factor folks try to establish.

I expect a hard hitting, chippy game. Hopefully no one gets hurt but not sure that is possible.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3bjnx578 said:
HawksSoc":3bjnx578 said:
Scottemojo":3bjnx578 said:
Boone is on record promising cheap shots. I am pretty sure Whitless and Reid will be head hunting Lynch.

No injuries for either team, please.

Reid? Nah, the last time he tackled one of our guys didn't he injure himself? He can't afford to be going in hard like that, he's already on two concussions in his first year. It'll be fine, I'm sure the game will be called tightly, our line at full health is more then capable of protecting Russell. Besides, to hurt him they'll have to catch him.

LOL....do they have a butterfly net?? as in the biggo one from Chitty Chitty bang bang?
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:
Watch out for the child catcher, that dude is creepy!

rideaducati

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3h71gb4u said:
Boone is on record promising cheap shots. I am pretty sure Whitless and Reid will be head hunting Lynch.

I guess I'm not the only one that sees the DB's from Frisco leading with their helmets and hitting the heads of opposing players EVERY CHANCE THEY GET. Dashon Goldson has been suspended with Tampa for continuing to do the same thing after leaving the whiners. I wonder why the league office doesn't see this.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Throwdown":6jt8y0yp said:
Scottemojo":6jt8y0yp said:
Throwdown":6jt8y0yp said:
The thought hasn't even crossed my mind. Usually its the 49ers hurting their damn selves.

The USA today article was pretty mean spirited. It rehashes the Manningham injury, the Ian Williams injury, the Davis got smoked concussion. Niner fans have themselves convinced Seattle is out to hurt their players.

I personally think the game is going to be ruined by yellow laundry.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Out of the whole time since PC's been here I can only think of one play where it could of been considered dirty. It happened on a kick return where Mike Rob, and I think Adrian Moten (back up LB at the time for us) absolutely crushed a dude while he was on the ground, don't know if it was dirty or just an amazing lack of awareness by our two offending players.

I hope this game does end up with a lot of in your face "yeah we did that and you can't stop us" type of jawing, and hopefully it only comes from the Hawks end.

I don't think MRob meant to hurt anyone, he isn't that type of player. Did you see him last week? He would block a guy and then help him up. This happened repeatedly. I recall the play you speak of and the player had not been touched and it looked as if he was trying to get up and advance the ball, so MRob hit him.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":306is8c7 said:
I was text messaging with my friend Bestfightstory yesterday (because I can't do it here anymore) about my concerns for this game. We discussed the offense, the defense, special teams, ect. None of those have either of us overly concerned.

What does concern me, and him as well, is injury. I am very concerned that this game is going to be very cheap and chippy. A major penis measuring contest. Who can hurt the other team first. The ninnies have professed their desire to hurt us. They have circled this game as their game of the year. The cheap shots to the head and knees I am afraid of. I can see them purposely attempting to derail our superb owl run with cheap shots. They tend to get injured whenever they play us and my concern is that they will resort to cheap tactics to turn the tables. A little of our own medicine.

I pray that somehow we get out of this game without any season altering injuries. Let's hope that this post is not othetic.
This is my main concern as well. Been nervous about this all week. I would rather lose the game and get out injury free than win and get injured. I said about as much in another thread where I agreed with another poster that it would be funny if we rested our starters for this game.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Only worried about cheap shot injuries from the Russell Wilson standpoint.
The 40-whiners have their own glass house on the injury front and would be very stupid to start throwing stones.
Who else besides Wilson (and Okung) could they injure where we don't have an almost-as-good next-man-up?
OK, Earl Thomas. or Sherman, at least until we get WTIII back. OK, we're thin at WR too, with Rice out and no Harvin yet.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Dont give it a second thought folks.

The Friscans are nothing more than a bunch of bullies.
Our bullies are bigger bullies. A bully will crumble when smacked about by a bigger bully.

Our boys are badass. No doubt about that.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
drdiags":2o85txy1 said:
The hit on Wilson in the 1st 9ers game was legit, Pete said so himself. Jim Harbaugh had questioned the NFL position's prior to the Packers game about the NFL's messaging that a hit on RO QBs was okay if they were still in position to be considered a runner after the hand-off. Brooks didn't have to pull up, so he took the shot. Any NFL defender would. It's part of the intimidation factor folks try to establish.

I expect a hard hitting, chippy game. Hopefully no one gets hurt but not sure that is possible.
Yes the hit was with in the rules as the league defined under pressure from DC's to help curb the RO and rain it duel threat QB's. You take RW out of the play and replace him with Luck, Brady, Breese, or Mannings and that hit is flagged. It's a cheap shot because the defender new the QB did not have the ball. Sherman drew a flag just last week for taking a shot at a wr who was not involved in the play. By rule his hit was legal too but he got flagged and every one called it a cheap shot.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I just want to see if Breno Giacomini can bait someone into getting themselves ejected again.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3i9pld5x said:
Throwdown":3i9pld5x said:
The thought hasn't even crossed my mind. Usually its the 49ers hurting their damn selves.

The USA today article was pretty mean spirited. It rehashes the Manningham injury, the Ian Williams injury, the Davis got smoked concussion. Niner fans have themselves convinced Seattle is out to hurt their players.

I personally think the game is going to be ruined by yellow laundry.

This is my biggest concern as well. The refs know it's going to be chippy. I just hope that the flags don't alter the game too much..flags generally favor the home team.

The conspiracy theorist in me was worried that the refs would alter the game a bit to get a Niners win. It's much more dramatic and interesting to have a division race last until the end of they year than it is to be locked up with 4 weeks left to go.

shawnsim

Reaction score
Penis measuring could be significantly painful for Vernon D right about now.

drdiags

Reaction score
This is an interesting quote from 9ers legend Dwight Clark

Jayson Jenks ‏@JaysonJenks

Quote from Dwight Clark in today's Chronicle: "I frickin can't stand Seattle right now. They were the ones doing that chippy stuff Monday...

Clark: "..they're a scary team; they remind me a little of the 85 Bears, with that mean-ass defense. They're good players, and they're mean"

I know Clemons is a big meanie but as a fan on the inside looking out didn't think of the team as mean. They do a lot of wolfing and will put shots on you but didn't consider they would be seen as chippy. Sure Clark has vested interest in the 9ers as a former player/legend but I am not sure I would expect to hear Raible, Moon or other former Seahawks say the 9ers are chippy.

With what is at stake for the playoffs, I gather we have entered playoff mode football. 24 hrs to go.

drdiags

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2ytej7xc said:
drdiags":2ytej7xc said:

Yes the hit was with in the rules as the league defined under pressure from DC's to help curb the RO and rain it duel threat QB's. You take RW out of the play and replace him with Luck, Brady, Breese, or Mannings and that hit is flagged. It's a cheap shot because the defender new the QB did not have the ball. Sherman drew a flag just last week for taking a shot at a wr who was not involved in the play. By rule his hit was legal too but he got flagged and every one called it a cheap shot.

Sherman's penalty shouldn't have been called but in the new powder puff NFL, being away from the ball and as a defender the refs saw it as un-necessary roughness and chump Tirico/Gruden whined as well. The Wilson hit was right after following through on his fake and the defender was within his rights. Yep, a bigger name QB gets a flag for the hit. But since mostly Wilson, Cam, Kaep, RGIII and Vick would be running these type of plays (running/scrambling QBs) the NFL has told its refs to not throw the flag. Luck should be considered part of the above group, but I don't think NFL types want to lump him in that group.

I am trying to be realistic since how the RO was going to be handled regarding hits on the QB was spelled out during the summer. I am sure Wilson learned from that hit and I don't expect to see anymore free runners on Wilson without him havomg an avoidance plan.

KK84

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2bvahy8x said:

Head hunting lynch sounds like a dangerous proposition. High probability that one backfires, ehh?

Hawks46

Reaction score
One could only hope that if Niners players are purposely trying to injure people, that suspensions will follow next week.

It would be awesome if we win and it torpedoes their season and knocks them out of the playoffs. It sounds like they are playing with tons of emotions and not intelligence.