My concerns for this game

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3mz4hlkq said:
I was text messaging with my friend Bestfightstory yesterday (because I can't do it here anymore) about my concerns for this game. We discussed the offense, the defense, special teams, ect. None of those have either of us overly concerned.

What does concern me, and him as well, is injury. I am very concerned that this game is going to be very cheap and chippy. A major penis measuring contest. Who can hurt the other team first. The ninnies have professed their desire to hurt us. They have circled this game as their game of the year. The cheap shots to the head and knees I am afraid of. I can see them purposely attempting to derail our superb owl run with cheap shots. They tend to get injured whenever they play us and my concern is that they will resort to cheap tactics to turn the tables. A little of our own medicine.

I pray that somehow we get out of this game without any season altering injuries. Let's hope that this post is not othetic.

The 49ers are the same as the Sehawks on defense: strong, fast, aggressive players looking to hit hard. It goes without saying that when you have 200-300 lb professional athletes purposefully hitting eachother as hard as they can on the field, players get seriously injured, at lot, and the 49ers and Seahawks are two of the hardest-hitting defenses in the NFL.

I do not think that players from the opposing teams are "dirty" or looking to intentionally make illegal hits.

But if you look at the stats, the Seahawks are the second most penalized team in the NFL this season while the 49ers are middle of the road. If any team is likely to be making illegal hits, it is the Seahawks, not the 49ers.

I think most football players are not looking to intentionally end the career the season of their opponents. Every time they see a player with a serious injury they have to think, "there but for the grace of god. . . "

chris98251

Reaction score
I think were smarter, we may hit hard but we have learned that the second person is the one typically called, we have backed off and let the opposition show and say take a swing and seen them flagged several times.

As far as a playoff game, yeah this will be everything and then some, I can see the meetings saying we will get pay back for being embarrassed and showing the game replays.

I can also say that with such little talk coming from our camp we are damn focused and I would think the players have heard a vast majority of the things floating around. I'm am sure Pete and crew are making sure they emphasize protect yourself at all times and have each others back, especially in piles on the ground.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
shawnsim":mfuoiazg said:
Penis measuring could be significantly painful for Vernon D right about now.
Yep, because with Vernon Davis, you'd be measuring from head to toe, cuz he's all pr*( I{. :16:

ivotuk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":bz0q6hr1 said:
shawnsim":bz0q6hr1 said:
Penis measuring could be significantly painful for Vernon D right about now.
Yep, because with Vernon Davis, you'd be measuring from head to toe, cuz he's all pr*( I{. :16:

Huh! . I always thought you measured it like a cats tail, from the azzhole to the tip. :D

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2mui0vnl said:
One could only hope that if Niners players are purposely trying to injure people, that suspensions will follow next week.

It would be awesome if we win and it torpedoes their season and knocks them out of the playoffs. It sounds like they are playing with tons of emotions and not intelligence.
All that is true enough, and on top of the puffed up bluster talk from the 49rs? they need to remember that old saying, "If you dish it out, you'd better be able to take it".
And as far as player suspensions go, some of the Seahawks players can afford to take a three game vacation, while the 9rs would be screwed if they needed to win out to be in the hunt for the play-offs, and have some key players sitting out for their next three games.

Jville

Reaction score
From a Lindsay H Jones USA article following the 49er game at Century Link earlier this year >>>>
San Francisco imploded.

The Niners were penalized 12 times for 121 yards, including three unnecessary roughness fouls in the second half.

"If any team continues to stock up the penalties, just penalty after penalty, it can cost you the season if you do it every game," 49ers tight end Vernon Davis said. "But we're not going to let that happen. We're better than that. It was just a game where we just acted instead of thinking, so we have to think first, and then act, and we know that."

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/09/16/marshawn-lynch-seahawks-stifle-colin-kaepernick-49ers-nfc-west-showdown/2819117/[/urltargetblank]

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3dloc9e6 said:
I personally think the game is going to be ruined by yellow laundry.

That is my top concern as well, though I wouldn't be shocked if the 49ers draw more penalties than Seattle does. Especially with all those backup OL playing.

HawkHack

Reaction score
Honestly, officiating is the biggest obstacle to our playoff and Super Bowl dreams at present. I think we play right at the edge of the rules. Chippy refs ( * cough* Mike Carey * cough * ) scare me more than chippy '9ers. If the refs hang onto their yellow hankies, I think we win the physical battle against just about any team, '9ers included.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3e877a1j said:
I was text messaging with my friend Bestfightstory yesterday (because I can't do it here anymore) about my concerns for this game. We discussed the offense, the defense, special teams, ect. None of those have either of us overly concerned.

What does concern me, and him as well, is injury. I am very concerned that this game is going to be very cheap and chippy. A major penis measuring contest. Who can hurt the other team first. The ninnies have professed their desire to hurt us. They have circled this game as their game of the year. The cheap shots to the head and knees I am afraid of. I can see them purposely attempting to derail our superb owl run with cheap shots. They tend to get injured whenever they play us and my concern is that they will resort to cheap tactics to turn the tables. A little of our own medicine.

I pray that somehow we get out of this game without any season altering injuries. Let's hope that this post is not othetic.

For as intense as this rivalry has become, it really hasn't to resorted to cheap shots so far, and I don't expect this game to buck that trend.

Both teams have too much at stake to get a player booted (and possibly suspended for a game), and I think are wise enough to recognize that this afternoon.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I just want to reiterate my opinion that in these match ups its usually the 49ers being Wiley Coyote...

meep meep.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
DrDiags the way you put it one might scream racism at the NFL over the instructed rule interpretation.

justafan

Reaction score
The sight is better with BFS input than without.
I am worried about injuries this late in the year especially with as physical as this game will be. Clean or dirty its gonna be a tough one to win.Both teams will come out worse for wear I think.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Teams that do the most talking before usually do the least talking after.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I don't think they'll try to cobra Kai us, but it wouldn't be past them to whine to the refs about our physical style of football.