My new draft-crush: WR Allen Robinson - Penn State

SDHawk

Reaction score
Lynch'sLamborghini":26uk4sa0 said:
I admit that I didn't watch that PSU-OSU game, but doesn't the fact that the game was 63-7 at the time he scored that touchdown in the highlight reel indicate that he was unable to help his team remain even competitive against superior competition?

He had 12 rec for 173 yards and a TD... what more could you ask one receiver to do? He can't play defense, can he?

SDHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1gsc6rxk said:
SDHawk":1gsc6rxk said:
Just a display of his athleticism:

allen robinson windmill dunk
http://twitter.yfrog.com/b92xokpadwdilptcjqvzbbwfz

Alley-oop off the glass
http://twitter.yfrog.com/g9c02nstqnfkgaqtltxgnbhhz

Not the NBA draft.

Thanks captain obvious. Like I said, just a display of his athleticism. Don't we like talking about the rebounding ability of TEs and their background in bball? Don't see how this is much different.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
rpmischris":3ed4tp6w said:
High points the ball well and makes YAC. Looks like a 5th-Undrafted to me. I loved what he did at 1:11 in that video against Ohio State; he made their entire defense look slow and silly.

To be fair it was the 3rd string defense.

What we need is Andre Johnson or someone like him. A true 'go' threat on the outside.

kearly

Reaction score
Not an INSANE athlete, but pretty good. Seems like a classic Seahawks WR prospect under this regime.

His TD against Ohio State at 1:10... I had to change my pants after that. It might have been against backups given the score, but damn.

Lynch'sLamborghini

Reaction score
SDHawk":1f4zalw1 said:
Lynch'sLamborghini":1f4zalw1 said:
I admit that I didn't watch that PSU-OSU game, but doesn't the fact that the game was 63-7 at the time he scored that touchdown in the highlight reel indicate that he was unable to help his team remain even competitive against superior competition?

He had 12 rec for 173 yards and a TD... what more could you ask one receiver to do? He can't play defense, can he?

No. No, you cannot. Thanks for the additional context.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
If Tate leaves I could see us going after him because of YAC ability. He is also taller. :sarcasm_on: Because being taller makes your better. :sarcasm_off:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I like this guy a lot but not in 1st rd..Anytime after 1st..the catch against Ohio St @1.25 in clip was awesome...

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Davonte Adams is a stronger and much faster version of Robinson.

I question Robinson's route running and breakaway speed potential.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3mww8hhg said:
He does nothing for me at our first pick. Late 2nd and I would be fine with it. To me Kelvin Benjamin or Brandon Coleman are the targets at #32 if you are going with a WR.

When I watch Robinson he doesn't look 6-3 210....I wouldn't be shocked to see 6' 200lbs at the combine. He also doesn't look all that fast. Nothing I saw even in that highlight stands out.

The whites must make him look like a midget....dudes thick..

I like it. Need to see how he runs.

Hawks need a guy 6'2" or bigger and 220+ lbs.

General Manager

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2puo983q said:
ImTheScientist":2puo983q said:
He does nothing for me at our first pick. Late 2nd and I would be fine with it. To me Kelvin Benjamin or Brandon Coleman are the targets at #32 if you are going with a WR.

When I watch Robinson he doesn't look 6-3 210....I wouldn't be shocked to see 6' 200lbs at the combine. He also doesn't look all that fast. Nothing I saw even in that highlight stands out.

I'd rather draft based on overall talent not height thank you and 6'1 or 6'2 is big enough.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
General Manager":2vb9a6lc said:
ImTheScientist":2vb9a6lc said:
ImTheScientist":2vb9a6lc said:

I'd rather draft based on overall talent not height thank you and 6'1 or 6'2 is big enough.

Good for you. I would prefer to draft on size and athleticism.

General Manager

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3vps6qcj said:
General Manager":3vps6qcj said:

Right because size is the only thing that matters, and since when is 6'1 or 6'2 not big enough to play WR at a high level.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Look kid, I appreciate your passion.....but I don't have the time to waste arguing with you. I also don't care to convince you the hawks desire a big, athletic WR. No need to respond further .

General Manager

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3pli3ffy said:
Look kid, I appreciate your passion.....but I don't have the time to waste arguing with you. I also don't care to convince you the hawks desire a big, athletic WR. No need to respond further .

I agree in a perfect world there would be a WR that fit that criteria but we are picking at 32. And I simply don't agree that Adams or Robinson can't play WR at a high level in the NFL. So we will have to agree to disagree .

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2kd5mfjl said:
General Manager":2kd5mfjl said:

You're certainly free to your opinion, bro, but drafting purely on size and athleticism is the wrong way to do it. Take a listen to Pete Carroll's Press conference or read the quote below. It might change your views a bit. Pete Carroll's Press conference.

“I was watching Sammy Watkins take the stage as he gets measured today and I think he was like 6-1 and 211 pounds or something like that. What separates that guy? What makes him such a great football player? It’s all the other elements. It’s not his height-weight-speed. It’s all the other stuff that’s part of his makeup, his gifts. Also the experiences he’s had, the coaching he’s had, the opportunity to play with great players....To think there is only certain packages and there's only certain standards. You're going to make mistakes that way. You got to take every one of these guys as individuals and figure them out and make an assessment that way.”

To add to the Allen Robinson conversation. When Pete talks about looking at players who add to their game besides "height-weight-speed", like he mentioned above, I think of Robinson.

This guy is a special player. Well worth the Seahawks first round pick.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hawks like athletic freaks with their first pick. It's been the trend. Sorry some of you can't see that. I'm sure you also thought Flynn was amazing.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Hawks like athletes. Robinson is an athlete. Sorry some of you can't see that, but doesn't surprise me. Some thought he was 6' 200 pounds on tape, too, which he obviously wasn't. I'm sure you thought Wilson was to small to play QB.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
We already have three very talented smallish receivers why would we spend a first round pick on another? His tape is good but not awe inspiring, he is a solid second tier receiving prospect nothing more.