My new draft-crush: WR Allen Robinson - Penn State

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":23lt8npa said:
4.6 first run....

No thanks. If he it here in the 4th...then I would take him.

lol at the 4th round. Get out of here.

Not sure if he cracks R1 anymore, but he's not slipping out of R2.

And just watch the highlights.. the guy isn't a burner like a Watkins or Bryant, but hes very fast with the football in his hands. Very Kennan Allen esque. There is room for guys like that on this football team.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The guy is big and put up slot numbers in agility drills. I want. What a mismatch for nickel teams when we go 4 or even 5W.

kearly

Reaction score
Reminds me of a slower Miles Austin, or maybe a MUCH slower Cordarrelle Patterson. Keenan Allen works very well as a comp too. Big dude with moves and YAC ability. I seriously doubt he is fast enough for JS given the bulk of his history drafting 4.4 and 4.5 WRs. He does have a lot of unique qualities and Seattle loves YAC, so maybe JS can make an exception here.

IMO, he's going to be a good NFL player. I don't know if he fits Seattle. The aforementioned JS speed requirement is an issue, plus Seattle throws the fewest passes over the middle of any team in the NFL, and Robinson is going to be at his best working the middle of the field or in other situations that provide him space. He's not going to be the type Seattle is looking for- the red line threat who scares defensive coordinators.

He could very well be the next Keenan Allen. But I think what Seattle really wants is the next Vincent Jackson prospect (Mike Evans), the next Brandon Marshall prospect (Martavis Bryant), the next Sidney Rice prospect (Jordan Matthews comes close). This is one of the best years ever to get a tall WR with size and speed, so I expect them to target that specific area of the WR group.

HawkStar22

Reaction score
Just to compare previous WR's drafted by the Hawks vs this years class...

Kris Durham (4th round pick)

Combine invite: No
Pro Day:
Height: 6052
Weight: 216
40 Yrd Dash: 4.46
20 Yrd Dash: 2.59
10 Yrd Dash: 1.66 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 36
Broad Jump: 10'01"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.41
3-Cone Drill: 6.89

Chris Harper (4th round Pick)

Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6006
Weight: 229
40 Yrd Dash: 4.50
20 Yrd Dash: 2.57
10 Yrd Dash: 1.61 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 35 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'08"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.39

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
HawkStar22":rfktevkl said:
Just to compare previous WR's drafted by the Hawks vs this years class...

Kris Durham (4th round pick)

Combine invite: No
Pro Day:
Height: 6052
Weight: 216
40 Yrd Dash: 4.46
20 Yrd Dash: 2.59
10 Yrd Dash: 1.66 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 36
Broad Jump: 10'01"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.41

Chris Harper (4th round Pick)

Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6006
Weight: 229
40 Yrd Dash: 4.50
20 Yrd Dash: 2.57
10 Yrd Dash: 1.61 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 20
Vertical Jump: 35 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'08"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.39

You think maybe we'd learn that our measurement system doesn't work for WRs?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":3lwdok5i said:
Reminds me of a slower Miles Austin, or maybe a MUCH slower Cordarrelle Patterson. Keenan Allen works very well as a comp too. Big dude with moves and YAC ability. I seriously doubt he is fast enough for JS given the bulk of his history drafting 4.4 and 4.5 WRs. He does have a lot of unique qualities and Seattle loves YAC, so maybe JS can make an exception here.

IMO, he's going to be a good NFL player. I don't know if he fits Seattle. The aforementioned JS speed requirement is an issue, plus Seattle throws the fewest passes over the middle of any team in the NFL, and Robinson is going to be at his best working the middle of the field or in other situations that provide him space. He's not going to be the type Seattle is looking for- the red line threat who scares defensive coordinators.

He could very well be the next Keenan Allen. But I think what Seattle really wants is the next Vincent Jackson prospect (Mike Evans), the next Brandon Marshall prospect (Martavis Bryant), the next Sidney Rice prospect (Jordan Matthews comes close). This is one of the best years ever to get a tall WR with size and speed, so I expect them to target that specific area of the WR group.
I think Keenan Allen is a great comp.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
twelthmanfan":vrmg5mk4 said:
Speaking of Rice, his cousin, Jordan Matthews is pretty good but not first round talent.

Wrong Rice. He's the cousin of Jerry Rice.

Tical21

Reaction score
I can't believe I didn't see this thread before. Dude is a baller. Will be successful.

lukerguy

Reaction score
At first I sort of passed Robinson off as a 2nd tier type guy...however, after watching move tape I really think he could be a great player. He reminds me SOOOOOO much of Keenan Allen, and we all know how that worked out for SD this year.

+
Route running
Size
Hands
Catches away from body

Average speed at 4.60, but Allen also ran a 4.7 last year. He'll be there at 32 in my opinion. He's going to be a #1 WR in this league.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I swear I didn't read the rest of the thread before I made my last post RE: Allen.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3cayyxwi said:
People pay way too much attention to 40 times. The only merit they have in judging a receiver is how quick he can run a go route.

Robinson was one of the more fluent runners I've seen on tape. Keenan Allen dropped way too far last year after a slow 40 time and I see a lot of similarity between him and AR, not least that someone's going to get themselves a bargain again.

And Attyla, shockingly slow? Larry Fitz ran 4.63, I'll take shockingly slow as long as the guy is shifty enough to get separation.
lukerguy":3cayyxwi said:
At first I sort of passed Robinson off as a 2nd tier type guy...however, after watching move tape I really think he could be a great player. He reminds me SOOOOOO much of Keenan Allen, and we all know how that worked out for SD this year.

+
Route running
Size
Hands
Catches away from body

Average speed at 4.60, but Allen also ran a 4.7 last year. He'll be there at 32 in my opinion. He's going to be a #1 WR in this league.

I made the Allen comparison a while ago, nice to see you, Kearly and Scotte in agreement.

Keenan Allen shouldn't have ran last year, his knee clearly hadn't recovered and it ended up dropping him two rounds. I don't think Robinson falls to the 3rd like Allen and doubt he makes our 2nd. But even in the back end of round 2 he's more than worth it.

With a decent possibility that every team in our division will take a catcher in the first two days, if we can't get him then I hope he lands outside the NFC West. Of course, I'd rather him in our division than Watkins, Evans and maybe Beckham Jr and Lee. Though I'm not as high on Adams, Moncrief, Matthews, Benjamin and Cooks as I am on Robinson.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":ix0tnhw9 said:
ImTheScientist":ix0tnhw9 said:
4.6 first run....

No thanks. If he it here in the 4th...then I would take him.

lol at the 4th round. Get out of here.

Not sure if he cracks R1 anymore, but he's not slipping out of R2.

And just watch the highlights.. the guy isn't a burner like a Watkins or Bryant, but hes very fast with the football in his hands. Very Kennan Allen esque. There is room for guys like that on this football team.
Analysists are saying he's an Anquan Boldin.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
In his second year Robinson has already eclipsed 1000 yards in 13 games and has 12 touchdowns on the year.

Really wish we drafted him instead of Richardson (who I also like, but not as much as I loved Robinson). :(

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love Robinson and good call!

Rob12

Reaction score
Need to get Hasselbeck in the war room when we're drafting WR's. Great call. One of the best young receivers in the league.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I wanted this guy so bad. But he wasn't a fit for Pete's WR profile.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":xoa9qiy1 said:
I wanted this guy so bad. But he wasn't a fit for Pete's WR profile.

Definitely one of the downsides of the draft is having a favorite prospect you know will kill it, but watching your team pass on them because they don't fit the profile.