My sources confirm Grubb will be hired as OC(RUMOR)

Parallax

Reaction score
Oh for sure, I kept going back and forth between Macdonald and Johnson, I probably had a bit of a preference for Johnson but I was praying for either because it was a monumental step down from there.

If you were referring to this years options my bad, I thought you meant retreads as a general sentiment.

I was mainly speaking towards the "idea" of retreads, the closest option I wouldn't have been furious with (of the most discussed ones) is vrabel, and he was "meh" at best.

If we're talking about this offseason HC options in general, I find it difficult to believe you would have been upset if we hired Harbaugh for example, bit better example of what I meant than ones you listed.
I'm not a Harbaugh guy. I wouldn't say I'd have been upset but I would have been surprised. Hard to imagine Schneider wanting him after playing second fiddle to Carroll for 14 years. But if they could make it work, I'd sit back and watch. That said, I'm much more content to have Macdonald.

In general, the best head coaches don't get fired so they're typically not available. But if one, for some reason, really wanted to coach for Seattle, I'd be game. Assuming there wasn't a contract in place that made it impossible or required too much compensation. I know Denver fans were happy to trade a 1st and a 2nd for Payton. I thought they were nuts.

bigcc

Reaction score
I'm not a Harbaugh guy. I wouldn't say I'd have been upset but I would have been surprised. Hard to imagine Schneider wanting him after playing second fiddle to Carroll for 14 years. But if they could make it work, I'd sit back and watch. That said, I'm much more content to have Macdonald.

In general, the best head coaches don't get fired so they're typically not available. But if one, for some reason, really wanted to coach for Seattle, I'd be game. Assuming there wasn't a contract in place that made it impossible or required too much compensation. I know Denver fans were happy to trade a 1st and a 2nd for Payton. I thought they were nuts.
I would have been fine with payton tbh if he were freely available.... But I had no clue the broncos gave up that much for him LOL, ouch.

Parallax

Reaction score
I would have been fine with payton tbh if he were freely available.... But I had no clue the broncos gave up that much for him LOL, ouch.
That's how I feel too. Except for bounty gate. That's really messed up. Hard to believe he didn't know about it.