My sources confirm Grubb will be hired as OC(RUMOR)

chris98251

Reaction score
I really think we have to wait and see what we have with Geno, if Grubb and Macdonald let him play he may surprise many of you, seen him do well initially then he was named starter and something changed, he either had Pete in his ear about safe passes etc just like Russell or was scaled back. He was different just as the offense was after we shown what it could do against the Colts.

Pete's oversight of everything was the complete conservative aspect in all parts of the game. The play I think was a big reflection of that.
YearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate
CareerWest Virginia988146567.4116628.08.79821153.5

This was his draft report card.

Strengths​

• Competitive, confident player who can lead a team with his physical attributes and willingness to work on his craft
  • Possesses a quick delivery, can get the ball downfield or move a team methodically by making quick decisions
  • Has improved his accuracy greatly during his career, placing the ball very well at every level of the field
  • Fires throws into tight windows over the middle while also leading receivers open on the sideline and showing touch on fades into the end zone
  • Generally keeps his eyes downfield and feet moving within the pocket to find a target instead of looking to run
  • Finds second or third options across the field if first read is covered
  • Tests defenses with his ability to get first downs and more with his feet, has speed to break off big runs and usually makes the right decision on when to take off
  • Has gotten physically stronger over the course of his career, is a tough player who will hang onto the ball after a big hit and bounce back up

Weaknesses​

• Runs a spread offense almost exclusively from the shotgun, needs work on his footwork coming from under center
  • Ball will float or sail if his feet are not set or he fails to transfer weight, either in the pocket when facing pressure or when throwing on the run
  • Blitz awareness is only adequate, will miss guys coming free to his left and right
  • Will back up from pressure at times instead of unloading the ball or stepping up to make the throw
  • Seemingly regressed each week, especially when locking on to one side of the field
  • Did not participate in the Senior Bowl

So yes he will revert to staring down a receiver, that can be worked on by Grubb.

He has the tools, does he have the confidence to use them and the approval from the staff, I don't think he felt entirely comfortable trying to protect his starter position as well as play Petes game.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Look on the wall…see the SB48 sign. I hope those dudes saw that, ordered another beer and said they will do every friggan thing they can to put another one up next to it.

This shit has me excited. Letssssss GOOOOOOOOOO

View attachment 64800
I agree. Just look at it, it looks lonely, it could really use a companion. And if when these guys win another one, they should hang this picture alongside it.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Washington ran for over 100 yards and passed the ball for over 400 yards vs Texas in the College Football Playoff.
While UT's run defense was ranked 3rd nationally, their pass defense and overall defense were not in the top 25. Not exactly a stellar defense.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This is from Wednesday afternoon:

“I’m Ryan Grubb, I’m your new Offensive Coordinator” - that was Ryan Grubb this afternoon (Wednesday) speaking to The Red Elephant Club today at Bryant-Denny Stadium.

How about you guys ban this character who started the thread?

Lol

BASF

Reaction score
The point was, they can run the ball.
They could run the ball. My concern is that the last two seasons Washington was in the top ten in pass play percentage. The previous two seasons, Fresno State was number ten and fourteen respectively. That points to a pass happy tendency and I (and I believe most Seahawks fans) are looking for a more balanced approach after the past couple of seasons.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
They could run the ball. My concern is that the last two seasons Washington was in the top ten in pass play percentage. The previous two seasons, Fresno State was number ten and fourteen respectively. That points to a pass happy tendency and I (and I believe most Seahawks fans) are looking for a more balanced approach after the past couple of seasons.
I think we'll see that come out more with the new brain trust in place in Seattle. Grubb can dial up a pretty effective running game.

Parallax

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a pass-heavy strategy. Take what the defense gives of course but use the run to keep the defense honest while scheming
I think we'll see that come out more with the new brain trust in place in Seattle. Grubb can dial up a pretty effective running game.
It'll be balanced. I don't see Grubb favoring the run but being smart, taking what the D gives, using the run game to set up the pass.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a pass-heavy strategy. Take what the defense gives of course but use the run to keep the defense honest while scheming

It'll be balanced. I don't see Grubb favoring the run but being smart, taking what the D gives, using the run game to set up the pass.
Yeah, I think that qualifies as being pretty effective.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Grubs has never been a NFL Oc. That part is concerning, and most likely will have growing pains. I expect the offense to struggle early on.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. Geno struggles to get the ball out on time, Penix is great at this. Geno has simply awful pocket awareness. Penix can feel pressure very well. I think Geno would struggle to run Grubs offense with its constant changes at the LOS. We're going to find out pretty quick isn't there a pending event with Geno's contract on the 16th? I'm convinced they are taking a QB in the draft.
I like Penix but you appear to be failing to recognize that he hasn’t played a single down in the NFL.

Almost every rookie I’ve heard interviewed states that the speed of the game and strength of players is the biggest difference.

We have absolutely no clue how any rookie QB will play when up against NFL players, if we did, drafting a franchise QB would be easy.