Nate Burleson released by Lions

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":16x6jgvo said:
KINGGRUMPY":16x6jgvo said:
Sarlacc83":16x6jgvo said:
KINGGRUMPY":16x6jgvo said:
I wouldn't be surprised if we have two OL in rounds 1-2

I would be both horrified and surprised if they went that route.

Any other QB would have been on the IR with that inconsistent protection from the OL.

You would really be surprised by something that this FO does in the draft? Did you predict the Irvin or Michael pick?

Michael, yes. And I predicted Chandler Jones in 2012 so I got the pass rush aspect correct.

The FO trusts Cable to turn coal into diamonds. And considering the corncupia of TEs and WRs this year, as well as the paucity of OL, it would be a bad idea to reach for an OG. Every year, people want to waste all the first round draft picks on OL. SF has a great offensive line, based on high draft picks. Have they won the Super Bowl with that group?

No but they have gone to 3 straight NFC championship games. We can draft all the TEs and WRs we want but if #3 doesn't have time to find them then it's all for nothing.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
KINGGRUMPY":12escj62 said:
Sarlacc83":12escj62 said:
KINGGRUMPY":12escj62 said:
Sarlacc83":12escj62 said:
I would be both horrified and surprised if they went that route.

Any other QB would have been on the IR with that inconsistent protection from the OL.

You would really be surprised by something that this FO does in the draft? Did you predict the Irvin or Michael pick?

Michael, yes. And I predicted Chandler Jones in 2012 so I got the pass rush aspect correct.

The FO trusts Cable to turn coal into diamonds. And considering the corncupia of TEs and WRs this year, as well as the paucity of OL, it would be a bad idea to reach for an OG. Every year, people want to waste all the first round draft picks on OL. SF has a great offensive line, based on high draft picks. Have they won the Super Bowl with that group?

No but they have gone to 3 straight NFC championship games. We can draft all the TEs and WRs we want but if #3 doesn't have time to find them then it's all for nothing.

If they have to guard 3 WRs and a TE, they won't crowd the box, leaving room for Marshawn. If Seattle gets a guy who can house it on a slant during a blitz, teams will think twice about throwing an extra guy against the offensive line.

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":d6g59khb said:
If Seattle gets a guy who can house it on a slant during a blitz, teams will think twice about throwing an extra guy against the offensive line.

We have that guy. His name is Percy Harvin. Our offensive line is suspect. Even if the defense is only rushing 4 Wilson is running for his life.

kearly

Reaction score
KINGGRUMPY":228y972t said:
Sarlacc83":228y972t said:
If Seattle gets a guy who can house it on a slant during a blitz, teams will think twice about throwing an extra guy against the offensive line.

We have that guy. His name is Percy Harvin. Our offensive line is suspect. Even if the defense is only rushing 4 Wilson is running for his life.

You can't just buy good OL with draft picks. There needs to be the right guy at the right spot. Looking at this draft, I'm not sure I see that winning combination in rounds 1-2. There's a few interesting offensive tackles, but I would be very surprised if they reached #32.

On the other hand, some pretty nice offensive weapons and defensive lineman in that range this year.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Nate doesn't deserve to come back to Seattle. Talked way too much shit about the Seahawks.

Chapow

Reaction score
KINGGRUMPY":knzr8kfe said:
Sarlacc83":knzr8kfe said:

And yet, we just won the Super Bowl in spectacular fashion.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see some OL improvement too, but we did just come off a pretty damn successful season with our current OL.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I like Nate, I really do. That being said, I think his time here has run it's course. If we had all rookies and needed a good veteran presence maybe. But that is not the case here, so I don't really see the purpose of bringing him back. Especially since, as has already been pointed out, he rarely plays an entire season.

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
Chapow":1e6spbny said:
KINGGRUMPY":1e6spbny said:
Sarlacc83":1e6spbny said:

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see some OL improvement too, but we did just come off a pretty damn successful season with our current OL.

Our O-Line is a liability. If #3 wasn't so great we would have finished the season with TJack as our QB or worse. We were one bad block away from going home very early. hawks gambled and won, it happens sometimes.

Chapow

Reaction score
KINGGRUMPY":1s859b7r said:
Chapow":1s859b7r said:
KINGGRUMPY":1s859b7r said:
Sarlacc83":1s859b7r said:

Our O-Line is a liability. If #3 wasn't so great we would have finished the season with TJack as our QB or worse. We were one bad block away from going home very early. hawks gambled and won, it happens sometimes.

It's funny that you say that, because we did finish the season with TJack at QB. It wasn't because of our OL though, it was because we were up by 35 in the Super Bowl.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":1pamh0kl said:
Nate doesn't deserve to come back to Seattle. Talked way too much shit about the Seahawks.
I don't remember this. Can you share more?

Chi-Hawkman

Reaction score
There's a receiver that could possibly be released in the next few weeks that could be a good slot receiver for the Hawks. Earl Bennett might be expendable, with the addition of Marquess Wilson in Chicago. Before Brandon Marshall arrived, he was Jay Cutler's favorite target, and he was excellent in 3rd down situations. The only problem would be his jersey number...80.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
sammyc521":2kub1xhy said:
JaiSeaSea":2kub1xhy said:
I don't remember this. Can you share more?

I apologize but I tried to find a link to a video and I couldn't. I just remember in 2012, I believe, during our playoff run he had a lot of negatives to say. Sounded like bitterness to me.

Latest posts