Navarro Bowman

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":k1yado7w said:
"I'm really excited about my new Spy vs Spy video game which will be coming out in late 2014."

Colin_Kaepernick_Discusses_Super_Bowl__and_More.jpg

The one

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Maybe not just the loss of Bowman but now Culliver is in deep trouble, you still don't know the outcome of Aldon, Brown departed, Whitner departed and don't you still have another CB in FA that hasn't resigned? Add that to the aging of key players like Cowboy and questions of locker room issues with Hairbrain and the question of who's got it better than us becomes pretty damn easy to answer.

Weakening your front seven while weakening your secondary is not a recipe for success. Dream all you want about the unproven hopefuls it just makes you look silly thinking we take you seriously when you want to throw out Tank as a reason to not be worried. Before he gets dubbed the new cowboy maybe we should see if he's not a complete and total bust.

Yes we know according to Niner fans every rookie and FA brought in will be perennial allpros but in the real world they really have to play some actual football before they get inducted in the Hall.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3fvd81yf said:
Maybe not just the loss of Bowman but now Culliver is in deep trouble, you still don't know the outcome of Aldon, Brown departed, Whitner departed and don't you still have another CB in FA that hasn't resigned? Add that to the aging of key players like Cowboy and questions of locker room issues with Hairbrain and the question of who's got it better than us becomes pretty damn easy to answer.

Weakening your front seven while weakening your secondary is not a recipe for success. Dream all you want about the unproven hopefuls it just makes you look silly thinking we take you seriously when you want to throw out Tank as a reason to not be worried. Before he gets dubbed the new cowboy maybe we should see if he's not a complete and total bust.

Yes we know according to Niner fans every rookie and FA brought in will be perennial allpros but in the real world they really have to play some actual football before they get inducted in the Hall.

OK...

There is certainly some flux and some questions to answer on the defense...particularly in the secondary. I like Bethea as a stop-gap for losing Whitner, but as yet we don't know exactly how that's gonna work out. I was never a huge fan of Whitner to begin with and I've said that on this site on a number of occasions.

Aldon? As of right now, I'd be surprised if he were suspended. I could be wrong, but Goodells comments last season seem to reflect that the 49ers action to get him into rehab immediately and miss 5 games will probably offset a suspension. As Goodell put it, "The goal is to stop the behavior, not punish the player".

Culliver? Sigh. Dude was just starting to get good pub for turning things around. Won an award for his animal rights work off the field and was featured in a LGBT magazine and touted as "The NEW Chris Culliver". The Niners were looking to extend him. Now this. I can only hope that the details aren't as bad as they sound, but if they are, he may be done. That one hurts. He was setup as one of the starting corners along with Brock. They have no more pending CB Free Agents, but they let Brown go and cut Rogers. They might look into bringing Rogers back because he doesn't seem to be getting a ton of attention as a FA. Either way, they were going to invest in that position in the draft. Now its just more important.

Cowboy? Getting older, no question. He was showing it a bit last year too. They need to get that rotation going and they started doing that more last year. Why does talking about Tank make me look silly? If he weren't injured he'd have been a first round pick. If you guys took a first rounder this year to replace an aging vet you'd bring him up. Who knows how good he's gonna be right now, but that doesn't change the fact that he was drafted to compete to take that spot when Justin is finished. I never suggested that any player who hasn't played or hasn't been drafted will be an all-pro. My point in bringing them up is that they have options. They have promising players and picks to fill those positions...so its not like all is lost.

Finally, my argument was never that everything is hunky dory and there are no questions. My point was that the loss of Bowman doesn't signify the end of the 49ers as the OP had suggested. There are ALOT of good players on this team. Some are older, some are younger...but there are a lot of them. Saying that losing Bowman would "crush them" is hyperbolic and just the dream of a hopeful Seattle fan.

Its also unnecessary. You guys won the division. You guys won the Conference and you guys won the Championship. Niners are currently in your rear view mirror.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ceb1cke said:
RichNhansom":2ceb1cke said:

OK...

There is certainly some flux and some questions to answer on the defense...particularly in the secondary. I like Bethea as a stop-gap for losing Whitner, but as yet we don't know exactly how that's gonna work out. I was never a huge fan of Whitner to begin with and I've said that on this site on a number of occasions.

Aldon? As of right now, I'd be surprised if he were suspended. I could be wrong, but Goodells comments last season seem to reflect that the 49ers action to get him into rehab immediately and miss 5 games will probably offset a suspension. As Goodell put it, "The goal is to stop the behavior, not punish the player".

Culliver? Sigh. Dude was just starting to get good pub for turning things around. Won an award for his animal rights work off the field and was featured in a LGBT magazine and touted as "The NEW Chris Culliver". The Niners were looking to extend him. Now this. I can only hope that the details aren't as bad as they sound, but if they are, he may be done. That one hurts. He was setup as one of the starting corners along with Brock. They have no more pending CB Free Agents, but they let Brown go and cut Rogers. They might look into bringing Rogers back because he doesn't seem to be getting a ton of attention as a FA. Either way, they were going to invest in that position in the draft. Now its just more important.

Cowboy? Getting older, no question. He was showing it a bit last year too. They need to get that rotation going and they started doing that more last year. Why does talking about Tank make me look silly? If he weren't injured he'd have been a first round pick. If you guys took a first rounder this year to replace an aging vet you'd bring him up. Who knows how good he's gonna be right now, but that doesn't change the fact that he was drafted to compete to take that spot when Justin is finished. I never suggested that any player who hasn't played or hasn't been drafted will be an all-pro. My point in bringing them up is that they have options. They have promising players and picks to fill those positions...so its not like all is lost.

Finally, my argument was never that everything is hunky dory and there are no questions. My point was that the loss of Bowman doesn't signify the end of the 49ers as the OP had suggested. There are ALOT of good players on this team. Some are older, some are younger...but there are a lot of them. Saying that losing Bowman would "crush them" is hyperbolic and just the dream of a hopeful Seattle fan.

Its also unnecessary. You guys won the division. You guys won the Conference and you guys won the Championship. Niners are currently in your rear view mirror.

Marvin-

I will stick with the word "crush". Your starting linebacker core is Willis (29), Brooks(30) and Michael Wilhoite ??? This picture painted is far different than Navarro in the middle (assuming he is out for the year and even if he isn't it took a full year for Chris Clemons to recover with a lesser version of the injury so the Niners don't have much time). Your defensive line consists of Cowboy (34), Dorsey (who will be 29 in August) and Aldon Smith (has yet to prove he can keep his stuff together but for the sake of argument let's assume he returns to form). You lost Whitner and like him or hate him when Goldson left, he was your enforcer. Bowman was the not only the best linebacker, but the leader of that defense. Who is going to keep continuity going?? Yes I know you are going to say Patrick Willis but you will have brand new back end DB's now that you have lost Brown and Whitner. Eric Reid will be back but his future is uncertain since he can't seem to avoid concussions. Heck even Bethea is 29. Your are going to need an infusion of young talent and who is going to lead them??? Tank Carradine is intriguing but he will be a rookie this year.

You are not going to win anything having to rely on 29, and 30 plus year olds who have played deep into the playoffs and have been counted on with the majority of snaps. It is going to put a lot of stress on Willis and even Eddie Debartolo Jr agrees. Being that he has an itching to be an owner again, I felt his comments were really revealing.

Since you seem to think I am exaggerating, what about this defense is scary??

One other thing, you say you "don't like" Whitner, but what is there not to like about a most recent two straight year pro bowler? :0190l:

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":42bwmi7v said:
Marvin49":42bwmi7v said:
RichNhansom":42bwmi7v said:

OK...

Marvin-

I will stick with the word "crush". Your starting linebacker core is Willis (29), Brooks(30) and Michael Wilhoite ??? This picture painted is far different than Navarro in the middle (assuming he is out for the year and even if he isn't it took a full year for Chris Clemons to recover with a lesser version of the injury so the Niners don't have much time). Your defensive line consists of Cowboy (34), Dorsey (who will be 29 in August) and Aldon Smith (has yet to prove he can keep his stuff together but for the sake of argument let's assume he returns to form). You lost Whitner and like him or hate him when Goldson left, he was your enforcer. Bowman was the not only the best linebacker, but the leader of that defense. Who is going to keep continuity going?? Yes I know you are going to say Patrick Willis but you will have brand new back end DB's now that you have lost Brown and Whitner. Eric Reid will be back but his future is uncertain since he can't seem to avoid concussions. Heck even Bethea is 29. Your are going to need an infusion of young talent and who is going to lead them??? Tank Carradine is intriguing but he will be a rookie this year.

You are not going to win anything having to rely on 29, and 30 plus year olds who have played deep into the playoffs and have been counted on with the majority of snaps. It is going to put a lot of stress on Willis and even Eddie Debartolo Jr agrees. Being that he has an itching to be an owner again, I felt his comments were really revealing.

Since you seem to think I am exaggerating, what about this defense is scary??

One other thing, you say you "don't like" Whitner, but what is there not to like about a most recent two straight year pro bowler? :0190l:

Wow.

Where to start...

1) First off, you don't even understand the roster or the defensive front. The 49ers run a 3-4, not a 4-3. They have FOUR starting LBs, not 3. Those LBs are Patrick Willis, Navorro Bowman, Ahmad Brooks, and Aldon Smith. Willis is still Willis. He was dinged a bit last year, but he's still a monster. He's also the leader on defense, not Navorro Bowman. He's also only made 7 Pro Bowls (IE, he's pretty good). His tackle totals have dropped largely because he's been called on to play in coverage far more than his early years in the league. Brooks shows no sign of decline, probably because he played very little for large portions of his early career. Aldon had 8.5 sacks in only 9 starts last year (out 5 games and barely played in 2 more).

2) The defensive line consists of DE's Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, and DT Glenn Dorsey, but Ian Williams was the starter at DT before he broke his ankle on a cut block in Seattle in week 2. Justin is slowing down which is why they are bringing in guys to spell him and eventually replace him. Demarcus Dobbs and Tony Jerod-Eddie played quite a bit last year to rest the Cowboy. Ray McDonald is one of the most underrated 3-4 DEs in the NFL. So much so that you didn't even mention him.

3) Michael Wilhoite came in and played very, very well in place of Willis last year when Willis was hurt. He's not Bowman by any stretch, but he is a very solid player and will compete to take that spot till Bowman comes back. Will they be just as good? Most likely not, but that hardly equals "crush them".

4) The secondary is in flux. No question there. How good were they to begin with? They let Brown walk for 3.5 mil. They cut Rogers. They refused to pay Whitner what he wanted just as they did the year before with Goldson. The point being that the secondary was in need of an upgrade. Reid is the first piece. Bethea is a stopgap. They'll be drafting a safety. Brock started last year and played well. Culliver WAS going to be a starter and was their best corner in 2012. We'll have to see what happens to him in the legal process. No question though, the secondary is a question mark. They will have all of those picks in the draft and I'd expect them to address that position heavily. That's no guarantee to be sure, but that's probably what they'll be doing.

5) LOL at the Eddie D comments. First off, it was a fear he had and he was talking directly about the OFFENSE, IE Gore, Vernon, etc. Second, that doesn't even make him right. He doesn't own the team anymore and has no idea what the team has planned. He also wasn't talking about the team being too old THIS YEAR. He was talking about the next SEVERAL years because he wants to see them win SEVERAL championships. His comments were in the context that he liked Kaepernick but he was concerned the team would get old around him.

6) This notion of age really cracks me up. 29 isn't "old". Maybe RBs get "old" at that age, but most other positions can play long after their 30th birthday. The Seahawks are VERY, VERY young so I think you have this vision that everyone older than them is "old". Well, that's just about everyone in the league. The Seahawks have a huge number of their players still on their rookie contracts. That isn't normal. Its a testament to how well they have drafted, but it doesn't mean that all other teams are ancient. LOL.

7) What's scary? Seriously? Aldon Smith has more sacks than games played (EDIT: oops, I was wrong. He has 42 sacks in 43 games. My bad. That's total games BTW, not starts). He had more sacks in his first 2 years than anyone in NFL history. For the record Reggie White was #2 and Derrick Thomas was #3. Patrick Willis is a 7 time pro bowl LB and still in his prime. Ahmad Brooks is an underrated OLB. Even without Navorro Bowman they are one of the best front 7s in the NFL. Eric Reid was a Pro Bowl alternate as a rookie.

8) Whitner? He was a good player. He was never a great player. When both Justin and Aldon were hurt in 2012, he was badly exposed in coverage. So was Goldson. Anyone who has talked to me a bit over here knows I have never been a huge fan of Whitner and said all along they'd let him walk this year. He was fantastic in run support. That much is true. He was a big hitter and a personal foul machine. Still, he probably had his best year this year in coverage and I'll miss him.

Dude, just stop. Bowman is a great player and I'd love to have him. He is not the only very good player on the team tho and they aren't going to completely fall apart without him. That's just a fantasy.

Brahn

Reaction score
Secondary and Second Reads only thing the Niners should be worry some of. If both those issues are addressed and are average at best the Niners should be right in the hunt again.

randomation

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2caaylas said:
seahawk12thman":2caaylas said:
Marvin49":2caaylas said:
seahawk12thman":2caaylas said:
His rehab is going well and even though he has made significant progress, he still may miss the entire season. I really think this might sink the Niners. I am in no way happy he is gone, I am just reporting the story. Our chances of repeating just got a whole lot better. I really hope that his recovery goes well given the gruesome nature of his injury.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2009 ... ire-season

That would suck.

That's the first I've heard of that though.

All the reports I've read so far say they expect sometime around midseason for his return and that's because they will be careful with him. That would be a 10 month recovery.

I don't think it would sink them though. That's wishful thinking. They still have a number of good players on Defense...including the other 3 LBs.

Look at the starting age of your defense and make the compelling case that losing Bowman wouldn't crush your team. Eddie Debartalo has already said he is concerned about the Niners "getting old around him" (Colin Kaepernick). Now you lost who is arguably the best middle linebacker (2x pro bowl and 3 time all pro) in the league. Look at your best players around him and their ages and tell me how this isn't devastating. Wagner to me is up there with Bowman but it took him a couple years to come into his own, even if his replacement is a future star, he is going to take time to develop.

Keep telling yourself this if it makes you feel better about your chances next season. Yes no Bowman would be a bad thing but devastating no, our D is deeper than that.

Uh hawks return 90%+ of the team that just won the super bowl fairly sure that there is no need for false hope as you imply.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Just was reading article about injury and following fumble call, new rule named after him for that call or lack there of. However a lot of niner fans on the comments claiming refs won it for us. Most forgot that the ball was fumbled on like the 11 next play.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
They also ignore the lack of the Bowman rule is why they won against us in thier own house. If we could challenge the Crabtree fumble they don't score a field goal on that drive in a game they won by 2 points. We also have another possession, momentum and puts them in a more desperate situation and we all know what Keep does under pressure.

It doesn't guarantee a win but it does guarantee they have to overcome another turn over and manufacture points another way in a game they really weren't moving the ball well.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Kixkahn":tq5fl9tg said:
Just was reading article about injury and following fumble call, new rule named after him for that call or lack there of. However a lot of niner fans on the comments claiming refs won it for us. Most forgot that the ball was fumbled on like the 11 next play.

There were some bad calls in that game. As a Niner fan I feel they went more in Seattle favor than the 49ers favor.

HOWEVER, I don't think they dramatically changed the outcome of the game. There are calls in every game that can be called into question and used as an excuse for a loss. The NFCCG just had a few that were blatantly obvious to a fan sitting on their couch. The fumble was a bad one and so was the miscall on the roughing/running into the kicker.

With the fumble though, as you said...Seattle fumbled on the next play and the Niners actually ended up with better field position. On the Roughing the kicker....badly missed call, but it would only have resulted in a first down around midfield instead of a punt. No guarantee there that the 49ers don't just go 3 and out after the first down.

What really cost the Niners the game IMO was...

1) Aldon first jumping offside giving Wilson a Free Play on that 4th down. Maybe Wilson throws that pass anyway, but I'd be curious if he makes the exact same decision if he doesn't know its a free play. It is 4th down though so maybe he was going there regardless, but I gotta think he knows right then that he has TWO shots at a 1st down so why not make it a shot at the endzone. Dunno. Aldon also stopped his rush on the play. Fantastic throw BTW. Dagger to Niner hearts. The last Niner offensive play is the one that gets the pub, but I think that 4th down TD was the biggest play of the game.

2) GREAT play by Sherman to deflect the pass in the endzone at the end. We can have the debate all day if Kap should have thrown that ball there or not....but it can't be denied that most CBs in the NFL don't make that play.

Other than that it was a lot of great football played by the best 2 teams in the league.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Marvin49":29g545w4 said:
Kixkahn":29g545w4 said:

There were some bad calls in that game. As a Niner fan I feel they went more in Seattle favor than the 49ers favor.

HOWEVER, I don't think they dramatically changed the outcome of the game. There are calls in every game that can be called into question and used as an excuse for a loss. The NFCCG just had a few that were blatantly obvious to a fan sitting on their couch. The fumble was a bad one and so was the miscall on the roughing/running into the kicker.

With the fumble though, as you said...Seattle fumbled on the next play and the Niners actually ended up with better field position. On the Roughing the kicker....badly missed call, but it would only have resulted in a first down around midfield instead of a punt. No guarantee there that the 49ers don't just go 3 and out after the first down.

1) Aldon first jumping offside giving Wilson a Free Play on that 4th down. Maybe Wilson throws that pass anyway, but I'd be curious if he makes the exact same decision if he doesn't know its a free play. It is 4th down though so maybe he was going there regardless, but I gotta think he knows right then that he has TWO shots at a 1st down so why not make it a shot at the endzone. Dunno. Aldon also stopped his rush on the play. Fantastic throw BTW. Dagger to Niner hearts. The last Niner offensive play is the one that gets the pub, but I think that 4th down TD was the biggest play of the game.

2) GREAT play by Sherman to deflect the pass in the endzone at the end. We can have the debate all day if Kap should have thrown that ball there or not....but it can't be denied that most CBs in the NFL don't make that play.

Other than that it was a lot of great football played by the best 2 teams in the league.

Hind sights 20-20. If Colin throws the ball to the flat to Patten and he juggles it into Thurmonds arms or fumbles it, then fans are screaming why Kaep didn't got to his trusted most reliable receiver which was Crabtree. He made some tough catches while taking some wicked shots. Say what you want about him but that game garnered a lot of respect. In spite of the interceptions I felt Colin had good chemistry with Crab and he was your best asset on the field. It's laughable that everybody picks on that play to lambaste your quarterback when he decides to throw a fade to your best offensive asset on the field, unfortunately for the 9ers, Sherman made a great play. The reason why (IMHO) you guys lost the game was because you lost the line of scrimmage. It is imperative that if these two teams meet in the playoffs that home field is secured.

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3c2lvj0e said:
Marvin49":3c2lvj0e said:
Kixkahn":3c2lvj0e said:

Hind sights 20-20. If Colin throws the ball to the flat to Patten and he juggles it into Thurmonds arms or fumbles it, then fans are screaming why Kaep didn't got to his trusted most reliable receiver which was Crabtree. He made some tough catches while taking some wicked shots. Say what you want about him but that game garnered a lot of respect. In spite of the interceptions I felt Colin had good chemistry with Crab and he was your best asset on the field. It's laughable that everybody picks on that play to lambaste your quarterback when he decides to throw a fade to your best offensive asset on the field, unfortunately for the 9ers, Sherman made a great play. The reason why (IMHO) you guys lost the game was because you lost the line of scrimmage. It is imperative that if these two teams meet in the playoffs that home field is secured.

Agreed for the most part.

Niners were a MASH unit for a bit there. Iupati breaking his ankle, Staley getting a compound dislocation of his thumb, Gore breaking his hand, and of course Bowman. Those games are no joke to be sure.

The one thing that I did like seeing though is that it looked in that game almost like the 49ers "slayed the dragon" if you will of the 12th man. They lost the game, but it seemed the outcome of the game had a lot more to do with the players on the field than the environment. I couldn't say that about the other games in the Clink.

Looking forward to the game(s) this year at Levis.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The Seahawks made a mistake by not spying Kaep to start the game. Once they did the game changed completely. Good call by Harbs to save Keeps running until he desperately needed it. Caught us off guard and led to a 10-0 game start. I really felt like the early success Kaep had with his legs helped his confidence too. If we don'tyler that happen I don't know if Kaep ever gets comfortable in that game and it again looks like the previous couplegames at the clink.

The bright side for Seahawks fans is we were able to spot you ten and still takeover the game and that was without Rice or Harvin. I doubt we will see that again.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1cix71am said:
The Seahawks made a mistake by not spying Kaep to start the game. Once they did the game changed completely. Good call by Harbs to save Keeps running until he desperately needed it. Caught us off guard and led to a 10-0 game start. I really felt like the early success Kaep had with his legs helped his confidence too. If we don'tyler that happen I don't know if Kaep ever gets comfortable in that game and it again looks like the previous couplegames at the clink.

The bright side for Seahawks fans is we were able to spot you ten and still takeover the game and that was without Rice or Harvin. I doubt we will see that again.

Agreed, but their team is going to be completely different next year. They have had a lot of attrition in the secondary probably due to their coverage (or lack there of) in the NFCCG. Their depth will be tested and given the fact they have six picks in three rounds, they adequately fill their replacements. The key players for them will be Carradine (Will he be the heir to smith?), whoever assumes the backup for Bowman (Hasn't been totally decided yet and Harbaugh says he wants competition), and Reid taking control of their secondary and asserting himself and taking the reign over their new players. I think there will be a significant drop, Marvin thinks I am crazy LOL. Guess we'll see who is right?? :th2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1rd55ttz said:
RichNhansom":1rd55ttz said:

Agreed, but their team is going to be completely different next year. They have had a lot of attrition in the secondary probably due to their coverage (or lack there of) in the NFCCG. Their depth will be tested and given the fact they have six picks in three rounds, they adequately fill their replacements. The key players for them will be Carradine (Will he be the heir to smith?), whoever assumes the backup for Bowman (Hasn't been totally decided yet and Harbaugh says he wants competition), and Reid taking control of their secondary and asserting himself and taking the reign over their new players. I think there will be a significant drop, Marvin thinks I am crazy LOL. Guess we'll see who is right?? :th2thumbs:

Oh, there could very well be dropoff (especially early), I'm just saying losing Bowman won't crush them.

In these days of Free Agency, teams kind a have to rebuild themselves every year. You just have to hold on to a core group of those guys who can maintain that greatness and teach the younger players the way its done...on and off the field.

There will always be fluctuation though. Seattle hasn't really seen it yet because of the age of the team, but in a few years you are really going to start seeing it. That doesn't mean they'll suck tho...it just means its on the FO to keep bringing guys in to fill the spots of the players who leave.

The 49ers are just a few year further down that process. They knew this too and that's why they've been stockpiling picks. They need good players who are CHEAP. They are banking on reloading through the draft.

The 49er secondary has been overrated for awhile. I like Brown. I was sad to see him go. He wasn't spectacular but he was very solid. Goldson, Whitner, and Rogers tho were all overrated (in coverage anyway...Goldson and Whitner were great against the run and good enforcers). The great front 7 really protected them. I say this not just because I'm trying to say "no big loss", but more because myself and several other Niner fans have viewed the secondary as something that was in need of an upgrade for years. Now they'll get their chance. We'll see how it turns out.

BTW...Harbaugh ALWAYS says there will be competition, but the replacement for Bowman will probably be Wilhoite. Moody will challenge him...and maybe a draft pick.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Marvin49":e9k9viml said:

He wouldn't have thrown it because the routes wouldn't have been all go routes. Wilson called an adjustment to all go routes in the huddle if and only if someone jumped on the hard count.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2ds82pij said:
Marvin49":2ds82pij said:

He wouldn't have thrown it because the routes wouldn't have been all go routes. Wilson called an adjustment to all go routes in the huddle if and only if someone jumped on the hard count.

LOL.

I'm not saying he definitively wouldn't have thrown it...just sayin I wonder.

Either way, that play was the one that hit the hardest for me. I thought they would hold and get the ball back and instead they scores a TD. Ouch.

EDIT: Wait....I assumed you were kidding. Were you not? If so, that's the first time I'd heard that.