Navarro Bowman

Sherminator

Reaction score
Marvin49":3u9hkhgq said:
Sherminator":3u9hkhgq said:
hawknation2014":3u9hkhgq said:
Basically, any player that is not on the team now was overrated, and every player currently on the team is not overrated. Homers always sound alike. And when the 49ers fail to re-sign Aldon Smith next year, he too will join the ranks of the "overrated," just like Donte Whitner.

I will agree that Aldon receives a lot of help on his pass rush.
He reaps the benefits of the other Smith and Brooks constant pressure on opposing blockers.
But in no way is he over-rated. If we fail to re-sign him he would probably be deemed over-rated because he is going to be used differently and change his style of play.
But his level of performance in our current defense speaks for itself.
The man is not over-rated.

I will agree though that Whitner is over-rated.
He benefitted from our pass rush and run defense. He was constantly looking for that big play and our defense covered his a$$ a lot of the time.
If he plays like that in Cleveland... He will suck.

Everytime I see the "he's only good because of Justin Smith" argument (and I know that's not what you are saying, it just tells me peeps aren't really paying attention. How can you watch the below and say its just because of Justin Smith?

He reaps the benefits of the other Smith and Brooks constant pressure on opposing blockers.

Everytime I see the "he's only good because of Justin Smith" argument

Those are clearly not the same thing.
I'm saying on any other team he would not be the same Aldon Smith.

I am paying attention.
And dude the last two gifs you posted show Smith and Ray Ray/Dorsey (can't tell) getting doubled while Aldon goes around the outside. C'mon man

To say Aldon isn't a better player because of our D-line is stupid.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sherminator":1bb80qc5 said:
Marvin49":1bb80qc5 said:
Sherminator":1bb80qc5 said:
hawknation2014":1bb80qc5 said:
Basically, any player that is not on the team now was overrated, and every player currently on the team is not overrated. Homers always sound alike. And when the 49ers fail to re-sign Aldon Smith next year, he too will join the ranks of the "overrated," just like Donte Whitner.

But in no way is he over-rated. If we fail to re-sign him he would probably be deemed over-rated because he is going to be used differently and change his style of play.

He benefitted from our pass rush and run defense. He was constantly looking for that big play and our defense covered his a$$ a lot of the time.

Everytime I see the "he's only good because of Justin Smith" argument (and I know that's not what you are saying, it just tells me peeps aren't really paying attention. How can you watch the below and say its just because of Justin Smith?

Everytime I see the "he's only good because of Justin Smith" argument

Those are clearly not the same thing.
I'm saying on any other team he would not be the same Aldon Smith.

I am paying attention.
And dude the last two gifs you posted show Smith and Ray Ray/Dorsey (can't tell) getting doubled while Aldon goes around the outside. C'mon man

To say Aldon isn't a better player because of our D-line is stupid.

? Read it again.

I said specifically that's not what you were saying.

I was addressing the argument that I've seen elsewhere. I was actually AGREEING with you.

As for the last 2 gifs....uh yeah. So? (BTW, That's from 2012 so Dorsey wasn't on the team)

He got a 1 on 1 and launched the LT 5 yards past the QB. That just doesn't happen with any regularity in the NFL and I've seen him do it at least 6 or 7 times in his short career.

As for the "any other team" argument it's impossible to know for sure. My suspicion tho is that he'd be a monster just about anywhere. Say what you want about him off the field, he's just insanely good ON the field.

NINEster

Reaction score
A lot of classic dismissal of A. Smith around the league for some reason. They like to make it like Justin Smith is the only other dominant force on a team's DL to help their premier pass rusher.

JPP on that vaunted 2010-2011 Giants d-line was great, but still not as good as A. Smith.

He's the player most closely related to Smith in terms of size and speed, age, potential, etc. and after a few years we are starting to see the difference.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I wouldn't bet against Navarro returning ahead of schedule. Dude is a beast and embodies what we enjoy in LOB. He and Aldon are wrecking balls in any defense.

Babsmack

Reaction score
This is where being a Niners fan is helpful. No one will fill his shoes, but we have dudes that are plenty ready you've never watched.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":wmc4duqo said:
Sherminator":wmc4duqo said:
hawknation2014":wmc4duqo said:

Everytime I see the "he's only good because of Justin Smith" argument (and I know that's not what you are saying), it just tells me peeps aren't really paying attention. How can you watch the below and say its just because of Justin Smith?

ipCiYk84QPt2I.gif

834414920.gif

brady-hit-by-smith2-12-16-12.gif

i0aaliZ2VqLN6.gif

inDuEHYqYZgOb.gif

Another angle of that last one...

NnHIj.gif

...and there are many, many more that I just can't find gifs for.

The dolphins O-line is known for being a great one...not
Aldon looks great against a TE that chips and then leaves him unblocked...wow
The bears O-line was atrocious and they were down by 4 scores...I wonder if they'll pass...impressive!

Aldon is good, but even you would have to admit that when Cowboy went down, Aldon's play did too. Going from over a sack/game to none in a few games if I recall.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rideaducati":awe5ozyu said:
Marvin49":awe5ozyu said:
Sherminator":awe5ozyu said:
hawknation2014":awe5ozyu said:

Everytime I see the "he's only good because of Justin Smith" argument (and I know that's not what you are saying), it just tells me peeps aren't really paying attention. How can you watch the below and say its just because of Justin Smith?

ipCiYk84QPt2I.gif

834414920.gif

brady-hit-by-smith2-12-16-12.gif

i0aaliZ2VqLN6.gif

inDuEHYqYZgOb.gif

Another angle of that last one...

NnHIj.gif

...and there are many, many more that I just can't find gifs for.

The dolphins O-line is known for being a great one...not
Aldon looks great against a TE that chips and then leaves him unblocked...wow
The bears O-line was atrocious and they were down by 4 scores...I wonder if they'll pass...impressive!

Aldon is good, but even you would have to admit that when Cowboy went down, Aldon's play did too. Going from over a sack/game to none in a few games if I recall.
Facts tend to go right over Whiner trolls heads......

NINEster

Reaction score
^^^^^

The fact that Aldon was playing with a torn labrum just continuously gets ignored around here.

The fact that he got 12 sacks last year despite missing 5 games and playing with a Justin Smith on the decline doesn't seem to register either.

Next up, let's hear how good Bowman and Willis are only because of each other.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
NINEster":2d011cbq said:
^^^^^

The fact that Aldon was playing with a torn labrum just continuously gets ignored around here.

The fact that he got 12 sacks last year despite missing 5 games and playing with a Justin Smith on the decline doesn't seem to register either.

Next up, let's hear how good Bowman and Willis are only because of each other.

Let's not forget, Aldon also deserves credit for playing with a squirrel brain. He's very underrated at doing stupid things.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":2vozt1i0 said:
^^^^^

So you are one of the whiner excuse machine? The last 2 regular season games played HERE between Seattle and SF, in which Seattle won by 29 and 26 points (read that margin of victory again) all we heard from you whiner trolls was "SF would have won if the Cowboy played" and "SF would have won if Aldon's lady parts and the cowboys arm wasn't hurt".

You got nothing but excuses!

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":25uxhor3 said:
NINEster":25uxhor3 said:
^^^^^

So you are one of the whiner excuse machine? The last 2 regular season games played HERE between Seattle and SF, in which Seattle won by 29 and 26 points (read that margin of victory again) all we heard from you whiner trolls was "SF would have won if the Cowboy played" and "SF would have won if Aldon's lady parts and the cowboys arm wasn't hurt".

+1.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1vcbz3p9 said:
NINEster":1vcbz3p9 said:
^^^^^

And you're nothing but a broken record. "Whiner trolls" this, "Whiner trolls" that. That's ok if you are just too stupid to actually come up with something intelligent ad.

Hernia you should change your name to Sports Hemorroid.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1afoc0so said:
NINEster":1afoc0so said:
^^^^^

I personally think the 49ers were not fully up for that game. Seattle would have won it anyways, but there was a perfect storm brewing for a lopsided game.

If you seriously think any team in the NFL is 42-13 better than any divisional rival, esp. one that went to the super bowl you're just a blind homer. How did the Clink rematch of 59-0 against AZ go for you guys?

And you're mixing two arguments together.

Aldon can be good without Justin. Just not as good. But that's saying that LT wouldn't have been as good without the rest of that Giants defense.

Man, I still can't get over that strip sack and fumble recovery on Wilson. Even the biggest 49er homer couldn't have expected that.

And not having Justin is a disadvantage for SF. They ran right over the 49ers on that first drive. Had nothing to do with Aldon and his pass rush.

I don't make excuses for my team, so to be accused of it shows the poster's lack of knowledge and blind hate for SF.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3ixn1ebf said:
Sports Hernia":3ixn1ebf said:
NINEster":3ixn1ebf said:
^^^^^

And you're nothing but a broken record. "Whiner trolls" this, "Whiner trolls" that. That's ok if you are just too stupid to actually come up with something intelligent ad.

:34853_doh:
Livinginthepast,
Thanks for proving my point that your fanbase has problems with facts and reality, you are exhibit A.

Besides, this is a Seattle Seahawks message board and if I or someone else are hurting your widdle feelings you can always just leave.

I think you got bigger problems to worry about than what we are posting here, like keeping half your team out of prison. :mrgreen: :0190l:

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1z5mlhln said:
lvnginhwktwn":1z5mlhln said:
Sports Hernia":1z5mlhln said:
NINEster":1z5mlhln said:
^^^^^

Livinginthepast,
Thanks for proving my point that your fanbase has problems with facts and reality, you are exhibit A.

Besides, this is a Seattle Seahawks message board and if I or someone else are hurting your widdle feelings you can always just leave.

I think you got bigger problems to worry about than what we are posting here, like keeping half your team out of prison. :mrgreen: :0190l:

Well then I guess your team has nothing to worry about next season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2d7x5fvw said:
Sports Hernia":2d7x5fvw said:
Sports Hernia":2d7x5fvw said:
NINEster":2d7x5fvw said:
^^^^^

Livinginthepast,

Finally, you make sense.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":et5cdazi said:

What a lame response livinginthepast. 5_Old_Rings will be ashamed.

rideaducati

Reaction score
NINEster":2j1sa3ys said:
Sports Hernia":2j1sa3ys said:
NINEster":2j1sa3ys said:
^^^^^

I personally think the 49ers were not fully up for that game. Seattle would have won it anyways, but there was a perfect storm brewing for a lopsided game.

If you seriously think any team in the NFL is 42-13 better than any divisional rival, esp. one that went to the super bowl you're just a blind homer. How did the Clink rematch of 59-0 against AZ go for you guys?

And you're mixing two arguments together.

Aldon can be good without Justin. Just not as good. But that's saying that LT wouldn't have been as good without the rest of that Giants defense.

Man, I still can't get over that strip sack and fumble recovery on Wilson. Even the biggest 49er homer couldn't have expected that.

And not having Justin is a disadvantage for SF. They ran right over the 49ers on that first drive. Had nothing to do with Aldon and his pass rush.

I don't make excuses for my team, so to be accused of it shows the poster's lack of knowledge and blind hate for SF.

Blind hate? Silly ninnie fan, we're quite open and honest with our hatred of your "above reproach" team.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2921o553 said:
Sports Hernia":2921o553 said:
NINEster":2921o553 said:
^^^^^

And you're nothing but a broken record. "Whiner trolls" this, "Whiner trolls" that. That's ok if you are just too stupid to actually come up with something intelligent ad...........
Actually, he's smart enough to stay with something that works. Go hang out at Webzone troll. Perhaps there you'll be able to bask in all the reasons that Aldon is a dumbass and can't stay out of trouble with the authorities as being the fault of the Seattle Seahawks.