Nba playoffs... Who ya got?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":k7tq4st8 said:
I haven't watched the NBA since the last finals, good to see they're still deathly allergic to playing defense and only run iso plays for Lebron and Steph.

I miss my Sonics, but holy moly what a terrible product.

If you didn't enjoy last nights game, you'll never like the NBA.. or basketball in general.

That was the best Game 1 of a Finals since Bulls-Jazz in 97.

That said, Cleveland is likely screwed after the Kyrie injury. They have no depth

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
knownone":2w6pnvh4 said:
austinslater25":2w6pnvh4 said:
LeBron is definitely worth mentioning in the same breath as Jordan and he still has plenty of basketball left. I don't think LB gets enough credit for what he continues to do. People are starting to trend in the right direction.
The argument against Lebron is that he's played in arguably the easiest conference for the last 5 years. Honestly, the East has had no one. If he was in the West how many Finals does he make? maybe 2. That's the issue for me, he's a phenomenal player, but he's not even in Jordans league.

I think this is a ridiculous argument.. you mean to tell me if you placed LeBron on one of the 8 playoff teams in the West.. they're not instant title contenders? Come on.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1cawo4vn said:
Sgt. Largent":1cawo4vn said:
I haven't watched the NBA since the last finals, good to see they're still deathly allergic to playing defense and only run iso plays for Lebron and Steph.

I miss my Sonics, but holy moly what a terrible product.

If you didn't enjoy last nights game, you'll never like the NBA.. or basketball in general.

That was the best Game 1 of a Finals since Bulls-Jazz in 97.

That said, Cleveland is likely screwed after the Kyrie injury. They have no depth

I'm drawing a line between "good product" and entertaining.

Sure it was entertaining, really entertaining. But that doesn't make it a great product in general, or make this version of the NBA come close to it's heyday of 80's and early 90's.

I saw basically 3's and dunks. No rotating the ball around using up the clock, no set plays other than the tride and true clear out and let Lebron or Curry iso. Neither team taking pride in playing really good D, pressing, good rotating defense. I saw a ton of pick and rolls ending up in dunks and easy layups because the defense was awful.

I know there's teams like San Antonio that do play a more attractive legit level of basketball. But that was not on display last night. Again, entertaining? yes. A good pro sports product compared to how they used to play? No.

knownone

Reaction score
I'm embarrassed to have watched game 3, what kind of circus clown show is this? seriously, just get rid of traveling and double dribbling all together, that way I'm not shaking my head when the refs ignore every conceivable violation and then call a BS touch foul. Games 1 and 2 were good even called games, this one has been an abject failure, the amount of bias toward Cleveland is laughable and makes watching this game as neutral almost impossible.

I want Lebron to win for Cleveland, but not like this... this is embarrassing.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I grew up on Jordan and will argue his G.O.A.T. status forever, but if Lebron wins this series, it will be the greatest individual feat I've ever witnessed in the NBA Finals.

Unbelievable series so far.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Golden State is in deep trouble given it seems the NBA doesn't call fouls anymore. These referees make NFL one's look competent.

Just hand the trophy to Labron already it's sickening and I'm actually losing respect for him and his fake championship in the works. The NBA blows and now I know why I quit watching it in living color.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Maybe if Golden State could play any other style than finesse jump shooting they'd be alright.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ydvoju7 said:
Maybe if Golden State could play any other style than finesse jump shooting they'd be alright.

This series reminds me of Superbowl XLVIII :D

Throwdown

Reaction score
That game did, it was physical domination at its finest. We know Cleveland can bang out they had to bang out with Chicago and even though they swept ATL, ATL can bang out with Horford and Millsap. We saw Golden state take on Memphis and win because Memphis doesn't have that consistent volume scorer.

Can I also give my appreciate for Mosgov's defense???

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Throwdown":10hna0x9 said:
Basketball isn't supposed to be rugby. And you wonder why most people don't care about the NBA?

My roommate flipped it on in the 4th quarter and it took me 2 minutes to just walk out and go to bed in disgust for what I was seeing masquerade for basketball. If you like it though, enjoy. I realize people have different tastes.

What can you expect when the referees call nothing and let traveling and double dribbling and worse go on without a bat of an eye? It's a travesty but you seem to love it if I'm reading you right.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Basketball isn't rugby, but there needs to be a level of physicality. People really forgot the glory days when you had the Knicks and bad boy Pistons throwing bows into MJ's face.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Throwdown":2bbi2oe3 said:
Basketball isn't rugby, but there needs to be a level of physicality. People really forgot the glory days when you had the Knicks and bad boy Pistons throwing bows into MJ's face.
And that was ugly and unpopular also outside Detroit and New York. So much so they had to change the game and the way it was called.

My point is basketball was NEVER meant to be a scrum or nearly as physical as you're inferring. It was meant to be a fast and free flowing game as a counterpoint to football while being forced to play a team sport inside during winter if hockey wasn't possible or feasible.

knownone

Reaction score
The most telling thing is the much more physical Cavs some how managed 10 less fouls? At one point it was 14 fouls to 5... Really? I'm fine with physical play, but call it both ways, the Cavs got away with everything in this game. F***ing Dellavedova some how managed a 3 point play after traveling and jumping into Curry... this wasn't a game, it was disaster, you literally have to be a huge fan boy not to see that.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
knownone":yqhqn8ia said:
The most telling thing is the much more physical Cavs some how managed 10 less fouls? At one point it was 14 fouls to 5... Really? I'm fine with physical play, but call it both ways, the Cavs got away with everything in this game. F***ing Dellavedova some how managed a 3 point play after traveling and jumping into Curry... this wasn't a game, it was disaster, you literally have to be a huge fan boy not to see that.

Cavs play in the paint. Warriors dance and shoot jumpers. Of course the Cavs would shoot more free throws.

Tical21

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2891ioie said:
I grew up on Jordan and will argue his G.O.A.T. status forever, but if Lebron wins this series, it will be the greatest individual feat I've ever witnessed in the NBA Finals.

Unbelievable series so far.
Yep, I've never seen anything like this. He's got an Aussie nothing guard and a dude named Timofey and he has a chance to go up 3-1 on his home court. This is unreal.

Two games in a row though where they have turned the 4th quarter into Lebron iso after they've looked great sharing the ball for three quarters.

I don't think he'll ever be able to unseat Jordan, mainly for off-court reasons, but he's making a darn strong case for #2.

knownone

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1z6rpmom said:
knownone":1z6rpmom said:

Cavs play in the paint. Warriors dance and shoot jumpers. Of course the Cavs would should more free throws.
That's fine, but what about the fouls that aren't being called?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
NBA isn't football, but it isn't baseball either. You still need to be physical.

The warriors are about as finesse as a team can get. Most of the Spurs championship teams were finesse as well, but they had a ton of veteran leadership and they had Duncan who could post up and score. The Warriors don't have anyone that can score in the paint and they are a jump-shooting team.

And who cares if the refs are missing a few calls. Are you really going to complain about the Warriors not getting calls? The Cavs are without 2 of their top 3 players.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Baseball champs
Basketball champs
49ers coming next
It's all good in the Bay.