NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":rdi475m0 said:
Can you guys just hurry up and get this shit done already? I'm tired of reading about speculation, politics and money. I want to get down to talking about how my Blazers are gonna whoop dat Sonics ass.
I was with you until the last sentence. Get the arena built so I can have an NHL team!!!!!!!!!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Blitzer88":899kr32t said:
Throwdown":899kr32t said:
That's it, blitzer! You're outta the heard!

You can't make me! On a more srious note, I mean I feel the way I do because of the gag order on the Hansen/Ballmer group so everyday I keep hearing about how quickly things are coming together for sac-Town in a short period of time. If there was some Seattle news every now and then on this subject maybe my hopes would be a little higher than they are right now.
Things happening so fast in Sactown is great for Seattle! Down there they are throwing tons of crap against the wall and are hoping it sticks, a lot of the flaws
In their plan will be exposed soon.

Like I've said all along, kings to Seattle, Sacramento gets an expansion team.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Also I was listening to a Bill Simmons interview/podcast last week where he, and he is a Sonic supporter, believes that Sacramento is now in the driver seat and he said this before the arena agreement was made. Man.......I gotta stop worrying about this, but I can't help it. I just want my dang Sonics back. I don't know how you guys can stay so calm.....I'm goin nuts!

pinksheets

Reaction score
Per Ric Bucher:

Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson has gathered a strong contingent to bid for keeping the Kings where they are, but their level of commitment won’t be certified until they make the same non-refundable payment of $30 million to the Maloofs that the group from Seattle already has made, a source said. Should the league’s owners reject the Seattle group in favor of the Sacramento group without meeting that term, the source said, the Maloofs are almost certain to file an anti-trust suit against the league. The Sacramento group also has to deal with several different entities owning parcels of the land upon which the proposed arena would be built. Working through how much the land is worth and a sale price for each parcel is not a quick process; nor is the required cash-out by Warriors part-owner Vivek Ranadive to join the Kings’ group. I also have to wonder, considering the potential benefit for the Warriors in having all of Northern California to themselves, how motivated they’ll be to expedite the process if doing so enhances the chance of the Kings staying. For what it’s worth, the league office is playing this “straight down the middle,” according to one source, showing no preference toward either side.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3jhrptwm said:
Also I was listening to a Bill Simmons interview/podcast last week where he, and he is a Sonic supporter, believes that Sacramento is now in the driver seat and he said this before the arena agreement was made. Man.......I gotta stop worrying about this, but I can't help it. I just want my dang Sonics back. I don't know how you guys can stay so calm.....I'm goin nuts!

Trust in this man, Blitzer!

chrishansen.jpg

He's 40 with a snap back on backwards! How can you not trust him?

Subzero717

Reaction score
Throwdown":3penf3nn said:
Blitzer88":3penf3nn said:

Trust in this man, Blitzer!

chrishansen.jpg

He's 40 with a snap back on backwards! How can you not trust him?

Word.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3vr5fyoo said:
JSeahawks":3vr5fyoo said:
Can you guys just hurry up and get this shit done already? I'm tired of reading about speculation, politics and money. I want to get down to talking about how my Blazers are gonna whoop dat Sonics ass.
I was with you until the last sentence. Get the arena built so I can have an NHL team!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm more excited about the prospect of nhl than nba too.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I find it funny though, the little brother complex in J came out again, "HEY GUYS WHAT ABOUT ME??"

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1vl0corq said:
Sports Hernia":1vl0corq said:
JSeahawks":1vl0corq said:

I think I'm more excited about the prospect of nhl than nba too.

I could care less about the NHL but not much.

pehawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1mrgtc9x said:
I find it funny though, the little brother complex in J came out again, "HEY GUYS WHAT ABOUT ME??"

I know, right? We get it J, Portland has a NBA team too. Maybe he should tell the nation, ABC or ESPN that.

m0ng0

Reaction score
pehawk":t6zhn5fj said:
Throwdown":t6zhn5fj said:

I know, right? We get it J, Portland has a NBA team too. Maybe he should tell the nation, ABC or ESPN that.

but ours plays basketball, yours is just a bunch of crusty green jerseys in the rafters of a junk heap of an arena :mrgreen:

pehawk

Reaction score
m0ng0":364762j7 said:
pehawk":364762j7 said:
Throwdown":364762j7 said:

but ours plays basketball, yours is just a bunch of crusty green jerseys in the rafters of a junk heap of an arena :mrgreen:

You Jerome Kersey looking, Terry Porter loving creep. Watch your mouth, Mr. Duckworth.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I know, right? We get it J, Portland has a NBA team too. Maybe he should tell the nation, ABC or ESPN that.[/quote]

You Jerome Kersey looking, Terry Porter loving creep. Watch your mouth, Mr. Duckworth.[/quote]

RIP Kevin. Those guys played in the days when, imo, the nba was great. Maybe it was because I was just a kid then, but it seemed like the teams cared more back then. Loved watching the Sonic vs blazer games in the late 80s to mid 90s.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
KJ was on the Dan Patrick Show today and had this to say about Seattle:

@JasonPuckettKJR: Kevin Johnson on Dan Patrick: “They weren’t getting the support (fans) they needed and they couldn’t build a building.” #Sonics #Kings

Shaz

Reaction score
Kevin Johnson just lost all sympathy from Seattle after that comment

To the dickens with him and To the dickens with Sacramento

Sac

Reaction score
Shaz":99mapkbn said:
Kevin Johnson just lost all sympathy from Seattle after that comment

To the dickens with him and To the dickens with Sacramento

Your words cut deep.

m0ng0

Reaction score
He also was asked to put a percentage to their chances of keeping the team and he said Steve Nash at the free throw line. Was he second on the hack list behind Shaq?

Status
Not open for further replies.