NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yes leave, you have nothing to offer here other then antagonism, don't ruin this thread with your pointless gloating, as I said this isn't over by a long shot. Lots of the numbers don't add up, someone is going to have to compensate a 100 million dollars somewhere yet with the difference in price and the 30 million fronted to the Maloofs initially.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1yx83nbb said:
Latest internets rumor is that Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstrom are allowed to buy minority share of Kings. Ranadive group gets the rest. Allows HBN to be part of the group and makes it easier to get a team to Seattle
How does that scenario help them get a team to Seattle? That just ties up money in the Suckremeto kings and Ranadive will not sell his shares to HBN knowing they want to move it to Seattle. Seems like a diversion tactic by the NBA.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1nev1h33 said:
Hawkfan77":1nev1h33 said:
Latest internets rumor is that Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstrom are allowed to buy minority share of Kings. Ranadive group gets the rest. Allows HBN to be part of the group and makes it easier to get a team to Seattle
How does that scenario help them get a team to Seattle? That just ties up money in the Suckremeto kings and Ranadive will not sell his shares to HBN knowing they want to move it to Seattle. Seems like a diversion tactic by the NBA.
The thinking is do what Ranadive did. He's a minority owner for Golden State and it made it easier to approve him over Hansen because Hansen is an outsider and Ranadive is an insider.

It's probably BS but it's going around right now and Softy was talking about it too.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
m0ng0":2c9zfpwe said:
We still love ya ! cmon down.

Grant g lillard cr 640
Thanks for the invite but the NBA is on very fragile life support to me right now, and I am very close to pulling the plug forever, I want to see this hack league fail times 10!

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
salamander":1b4l6v2d said:
seahawk2k":1b4l6v2d said:
Seems that people from Sacramento, KJ, Salamander and others need to realize that at this point, your misconceived idea of being "classy" is just arrogant. The best thing to do is shut the hell up and walk away. You got a gift from the NBA, enjoy it, you and the six other Kings fans.

Seriously, how stupid are you? Come on here and try and butter us up after all the bs you've been saying about us for the last month? Then you get pissed off when we tell you to F off? Do you think this just happens to you? That we are lashing out without any reason? Are you that oblivous?

I've never said anything negative about Seattle in this forum. I only said that Sacramento was in the driver's seat...and I was right. The response here has been to denigrate the city I live in and grew up in. I don't really care if I'm banned because most people's attitude towards Sacramento has been arrogant, smug, and classless and all we've been trying to do is save our own team. This was never about Seattle.

No one cares... leave.

jhawk91

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2q643mrf said:
Hawkfan77":2q643mrf said:

Quoted wrong post lol :oops:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1y5toukv said:
Sports Hernia":1y5toukv said:
Hawkfan77":1y5toukv said:
The thinking is do what Ranadive did. He's a minority owner for Golden State and it made it easier to approve him over Hansen because Hansen is an outsider and Ranadive is an insider.

It's probably BS but it's going around right now and Softy was talking about it too.
I wouldn't trust the NBA, unless you are under Stern's desk on a daily basis like Clay Clay and the "desert princess" you are just a pawn to these assclowns!

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
jhawk91":31ay8twt said:
Sports Hernia":31ay8twt said:
Hawkfan77":31ay8twt said:

Living in Oregon now, I thought about it......but I dont think I can root for anything having to do with the NBA right now, too pissed at the whole thing. Maybe once Stern gets the boot it will sting a bit less.

I wasn't sure about this until today, but I think its perfectly clear. Seattle was never going to get a team with Stern running the NBA. Not after 2008.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I would NEVER root for the Blazers. There is no way.

But I love Portland. It just will not happen. NO NO NO.

Anyway, I did not pay attention to the NBA AT ALL for the past five years. I am headed back to doing that. This is from someone whose earliest sports memory is Chambers and McDaniel leading the Sonics to a win over the Hawks in some random NBA game.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Revisionist history on salamander's part. You didn't say that our lack of fan support was one of the reasons the Sonics left?

All you have ever had to say is that you know that Seattle is a far better market, with a more expansive fan base, with deeper pockets and better basketball history than Sacramento and that the fact that you still have a team is a gift from the league. Literally none of that whatsoever is disputable. You have disputed this. You have disputed that we have a better arena plan, that our city is in a far better economic situation, that we as fans were powerless in 2008. Its inarguable. Love your city, enjoy the Kings, but don't come here and try to rationalize it, like you deserved it.

And put yourself in our shoes, twice now, in situations where we, as fans, have no power, twice, the nba has picked a smaller, weaker market with a smaller potential for growth than us. How would you feel?

pinksheets

Reaction score
I will say that if Hansen does indeed back out of this whole thing entirely, that's it for Seattle, for at least a generation or so. I think there's just about zero chance of any arena effort or movement to get the NBA back getting anything close to the kind of grassroots support it got this time around, not until those young adults are people too young to remember the past 5-6 years. Not unless someone wants to 100% privately finance a building. I don't think Hansen bails, though.

salamander

Reaction score
seahawk2k":qi77zgww said:
Revisionist history on salamander's part. You didn't say that our lack of fan support was one of the reasons the Sonics left?

All you have ever had to say is that you know that Seattle is a far better market, with a more expansive fan base, with deeper pockets and better basketball history than Sacramento and that the fact that you still have a team is a gift from the league. Literally none of that whatsoever is disputable. You have disputed this. You have disputed that we have a better arena plan, that our city is in a far better economic situation, that we as fans were powerless in 2008. Its inarguable. Love your city, enjoy the Kings, but don't come here and try to rationalize it, like you deserved it.

And put yourself in our shoes, twice now, in situations where we, as fans, have no power, twice, the nba has picked a smaller, weaker market with a smaller potential for growth than us. How would you feel?

I never said any of that. My view is that your city and plan was obviously better, but the Kings still deserved the team because it was already theirs and they did everything they needed to keep it.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I didn't know "pass a non-binding term sheet that is going to end up getting the mayor impeached" is the same as "everything we needed to do."

The NBA is the worst and so is Kevin Johnson. The taxpayers had better hope this deal gets shot down before they are the next Stockton.

jhawk91

Reaction score
m0ng0":3g14mqvu said:
We still love ya ! cmon down.

Grant g lillard cr 640

I considered it, even went to a game a while back. The fans are crazy fun and always very loud. That said, I cant bring myself to root for ANY NBA team right now after seeing how this thing turned out.

vedthree

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":o4dpxcko said:
Sports Hernia":o4dpxcko said:
Hawkfan77":o4dpxcko said:

Now that I've had time to calm down, I can seen how it makes sense. being an "insider" gives Hansen a seat at the table and most importantly - direct access to Silver & the other owners to lobby and grease the skids for his next attempt.

Personally, I'd much rather HBN use the backup offer to screw with the League and extract expansion' but obviously that's going to be time-consuming & expensive as well. Even if I don't like the strategy, I'll stand behind HBN 100%. They' definitely earned that trust.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
As much as I want to have some hope for something to happen.......I just don't see anything good coming from this. Worst part is if H/B/N go away we will never have a chance at the NBA again. Seattle will never have as good a deal as they do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts