Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
12forlife":3rngcma2 said:
MontanaHawk05":3rngcma2 said:
12forlife":3rngcma2 said:
As for Jimmy, I say by Felicia!! Yeah he scored 10 TD's last year big deal.

Was that seriously just posted on this message board? Come on.

Why do you choose to cut out the rest of my post, that has "facts" behind his underwhelming performance. Yes 10 TD's isn't nothing, but most were scored against weak competition, to many drops, and when we needed him for a playoff push he literally disappears. So when you want to cut and paste some ones post please try to be open minded, get off JG's lap and comprehend the whole post, and not just what you want to.

"Get off JG's lap"? Now who's dragging down the discussions?

I cut that part for two reasons. 1) Because you led off with it, so it's the first thing I noticed; 2) because everything else you said has already been said by everyone else, so I didn't feel that it needed reinforcement; 3) because touchdowns are more important than anything else you mentioned.

Or, more accurately, touchdowns are the fulfillment of everything else you mentioned. Receptions between the 20's exist for the purpose of eventually scoring touchdowns. Run blocking exists for the purpose of eventually scoring touchdowns. If you have someone who can run block great, catch everything within the 20s, but can't get into the end zone, you're going to remember pretty quickly that those other things don't award points by themselves.

And, indeed, that accurately describes Seattle's passing offense from 2010-2016. Everyone wanted a bigger red-zone target, even with Lynch around. Graham promised that, but didn't provide it at first because Seattle's offense was still run-first and didn't become more evocative of spread offense until halfway through 2015. Graham prospered in Game 2 of that new offense (Steelers game), providing a big juggling deep catch and two jailbreak receptions on third-and-10+, then...got injured.

In 2016, he was doing a lot better between the numbers and dropped very little - in fact, he had some absolutely incredible highlight catches. But he didn't get into the end zone as much. The exact opposite of everyone's complaints in 2017, and something they have completely (or conveniently) forgotten.

So Graham never became a complete player and put it all together in Seattle. But guess what? Neither did Golden Tate, or Red Bryant, or Chris Clemons, or Bruce Irvin, or Kam Chancellor, or KJ Wright, or Russell Okung, or our better offensive linemen, or Jermaine Kearse, or even arguably Russell Wilson. They weren't paid to be complete players. That's never been Pete's modus operandi. They were paid to do a few things very well, things that were crucial to winning. And we felt their absence when they were gone.

So you can complain about the price disparity all you l ike, but in 2018, if we go back to ending all our drives in field goals and the Seattle media is once again bemoaning "red-zone struggles", then, well, you never appreciate what you've got until it's gone. I personally never had a problem paying big dollars for the most important offensive stat you could have (touchdowns).

Do I think other players will make up for it? Maybe. But it's not like Baldwin/Lockett/Richardson weren't scoring TD's themselves (and now one of them is gone). Graham ON TOP OF THEIR NUMBERS is what got Wilson his epic season. He was a matchup cheat code in the end zone with his effortless box-out scores. That's precisely why we WANTED a big red-zone target in the first place, for heaven's sake. I like Jaron Brown, Ed Dickson, and even Terrelle Pryor if he signs. They might make some noise. It gives us a hedge against Amara Darboh face-planting and against the draft not cooperating at those positions.

But one thing's for sure: for everyone else on this roster, we'll need massive scheming brilliance from Brian Schottenheimer to get them the ball. That's not something that Graham ever needed. That he didn't get used that way is the fault of a departed OC, not him. I wanted to see him used right, buttressed by a better-coached OL. That Graham really could have been worth $10m.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2d6v9gy4 said:
A-Dog":2d6v9gy4 said:
Uncle Si":2d6v9gy4 said:
Kinger95":2d6v9gy4 said:
Titans just released a DL, supposed to get Suh in for a meeting. Bad news boys

So did the Seahawks...
they did?

Didnt they move Bennett? lose Richardson?

are the Seahawks not in the market for a DL and have they not entertained Suh?

curious as to why the Titans doing it is bad news?

Except we didn’t release either.... and because most of us are hoping to sign Suh to a reasonable contract and not have to complete with the titans for his services. Thought it was pretty obvious

A-Dog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3ujxgice said:
A-Dog":3ujxgice said:
Uncle Si":3ujxgice said:
Kinger95":3ujxgice said:
Titans just released a DL, supposed to get Suh in for a meeting. Bad news boys

So did the Seahawks...
they did?

You said "released."

Which means you weren't talking about Bennett or Richardson.

I was assuming something happened with Avril, so I immediately checked the usual places and saw nothing.

So I came back and asked.

Turns out you had just made a misleading post.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seems like they made a weak play at Richardson if he signed for 8M base on a 1 year. They may be stalling and told Suh to look around and give them time (to trade Earl, or see if Avril gets cut) so they can make a solid offer. Who knows, but I wouldn't count him out. It's good news he's moved on from that Aint's dinner to the next stop IMO.

Suh also made the comment that he would take his time to decide (which would play into the Pete talks to stall this a bit).

Uncle Si

Reaction score
A-Dog":dl192jlk said:
Uncle Si":dl192jlk said:
A-Dog":dl192jlk said:
Uncle Si":dl192jlk said:
So did the Seahawks...
they did?

You said "released."

Which means you weren't talking about Bennett or Richardson.

I was assuming something happened with Avril, so I immediately checked the usual places and saw nothing.

So I came back and asked.

Turns out you had just made a misleading post.

I inferred the situation in Tennessee is the same as Seattle. You said released and inferred the rest.

Either way. Not sure why Tennessee is a bad sign for Seattle. Elaborate?

12forlife

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2ng42lep said:
12forlife":2ng42lep said:
MontanaHawk05":2ng42lep said:
12forlife":2ng42lep said:
As for Jimmy, I say by Felicia!! Yeah he scored 10 TD's last year big deal.

Was that seriously just posted on this message board? Come on.

Why do you choose to cut out the rest of my post, that has "facts" behind his underwhelming performance. Yes 10 TD's isn't nothing, but most were scored against weak competition, to many drops, and when we needed him for a playoff push he literally disappears. So when you want to cut and paste some ones post please try to be open minded, get off JG's lap and comprehend the whole post, and not just what you want to.

"Get off JG's lap"? Now who's dragging down the discussions?

I cut that part for two reasons. 1) Because you led off with it, so it's the first thing I noticed; 2) because everything else you said has already been said by everyone else, so I didn't feel that it needed reinforcement; 3) because touchdowns are more important than anything else you mentioned.

Or, more accurately, touchdowns are the fulfillment of everything else you mentioned. Receptions between the 20's exist for the purpose of eventually scoring touchdowns. Run blocking exists for the purpose of eventually scoring touchdowns. If you have someone who can run block great, catch everything within the 20s, but can't get into the end zone, you're going to remember pretty quickly that those other things don't award points by themselves.

And, indeed, that accurately describes Seattle's passing offense from 2010-2016. Everyone wanted a bigger red-zone target, even with Lynch around. Graham promised that, but didn't provide it at first because Seattle's offense was still run-first and didn't become more evocative of spread offense until halfway through 2015. Graham prospered in Game 2 of that new offense (Steelers game), providing a big juggling deep catch and two jailbreak receptions on third-and-10+, then...got injured.

In 2016, he was doing a lot better between the numbers and dropped very little - in fact, he had some absolutely incredible highlight catches. But he didn't get into the end zone as much. The exact opposite of everyone's complaints in 2017, and something they have completely (or conveniently) forgotten.

So Graham never became a complete player and put it all together in Seattle. But guess what? Neither did Golden Tate, or Red Bryant, or Chris Clemons, or Bruce Irvin, or Kam Chancellor, or KJ Wright, or Russell Okung, or our better offensive linemen, or Jermaine Kearse, or even arguably Russell Wilson. They weren't paid to be complete players. That's never been Pete's modus operandi. They were paid to do a few things very well, things that were crucial to winning. And we felt their absence when they were gone.

So you can complain about the price disparity all you l ike, but in 2018, if we go back to ending all our drives in field goals and the Seattle media is once again bemoaning "red-zone struggles", then, well, you never appreciate what you've got until it's gone. I personally never had a problem paying big dollars for the most important offensive stat you could have (touchdowns).

Do I think other players will make up for it? Maybe. But it's not like Baldwin/Lockett/Richardson weren't scoring TD's themselves (and now one of them is gone). Graham ON TOP OF THEIR NUMBERS is what got Wilson his epic season. He was a matchup cheat code in the end zone with his effortless box-out scores. That's precisely why we WANTED a big red-zone target in the first place, for heaven's sake. I like Jaron Brown, Ed Dickson, and even Terrelle Pryor if he signs. They might make some noise. It gives us a hedge against Amara Darboh face-planting and against the draft not cooperating at those positions.

But one thing's for sure: for everyone else on this roster, we'll need massive scheming brilliance from Brian Schottenheimer to get them the ball. That's not something that Graham ever needed. That he didn't get used that way is the fault of a departed OC, not him. I wanted to see him used right, buttressed by a better-coached OL. That Graham really could have been worth $10m.

There is no need for us to keep bickering about this, because like you stated we will find another way to get those 10 TD's. Most importantly I think we agree with Cable & Bevell gone, we can again have at least a competent offense, and one that will be able to score more then 2 rushing TD's, good lord that was awful to watch, plus not having little of no offensive scheme the 1st half of games, and watching Wilson play sandlot football the 2nd half to try to scratch out a win. Sorry for the JG lap comment. I just get sick of all the loyalty some people have on here for certain players, when players don't have any in return for the team or fans.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":o2zezsgn said:
I inferred the situation in Tennessee is the same as Seattle. You said released and inferred the rest.

You conveniently deleted it from your quote, but I will summarize:

Kinger95 said: "Titans JUST RELEASED A DL"

You said: "So did the Seahawks..."

Why it matters: The Titans have Suh in town, and just made a move to open up cap space. Therefore that is a sign that they might be poised to to sign him.

The Seahawks did not JUST make a move - The Bennett and Sherman moves happened previously, and they have not opened up any cap space recently. If they had JUST RELEASED Avril, that would be a sign that they were preparing to make a subsequent move that required opening up cap space but they didn't. They also don't have Suh in town, and apparently he didn't meet with the Seahawks when he was here, other than over the phone.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
A-Dog":3edytr9d said:
Uncle Si":3edytr9d said:

You conveniently deleted it from your quote, but I will summarize:

Kinger95 said: "Titans JUST RELEASED A DL"

You said: "So did the Seahawks..."

Why it matters: The Titans have Suh in town, and just made a move to open up cap space. Therefore that is a sign that they might be poised to to sign him.

The Seahawks did not JUST make a move - The Bennett and Sherman moves happened previously, and they have not opened up any cap space recently. If they had JUST RELEASED Avril, that would be a sign that they were preparing to make a subsequent move that required opening up cap space but they didn't. They also don't have Suh in town, and apparently he didn't meet with the Seahawks when he was here, other than over the phone.

Nothing is deleted... its all up there. Your summary is half of what you posted. Hypocritically convenient? Who cares I guess.

So nothing about Tennessee's position is more favorable to Seattle's, which was the crux of the point. Or is it, which is what I asked. But you're hung up on semantics...

This place sometimes.. it's like pulling teeth to get someone to elaborate on "uh oh boys"

Or is it just easier to wallow in dread?

kf3339

Reaction score
Interesting back and forth on some of the above posts. For me all I will say is our DL looks worse as it stands right now. There is only one option left to help today..........and that is Suh. If we lose out on him it will be a long season on defense for us. He is the only guy who other teams will have to heavily scheme around, which gives us the potential advantage.

Not saying it can't improve over time, but that won't happen this next season. Not at all.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I hope the Hawks can sign him.

Even for a year, just to keep the team competitive on the line

Kinger95

Reaction score
If he does decide to sign here (considered his adopted him) I think it would be because he’s looking for stability as far as living/settling down and not have to always worry about being a cap casualty. He might give up some top end cash if he can get something with more term and guaranteed money. If he’s out for money then maybe he does do a 1 year deal with the highest bidder then hit FA next offseason when teams can prepare and set up space and a clear a spot for him

rossob

Reaction score
Kinger95":1oeyfu7m said:
If he does decide to sign here (considered his adopted him) I think it would be because he’s looking for stability as far as living/settling down and not have to always worry about being a cap casualty. He might give up some top end cash if he can get something with more term and guaranteed money. If he’s out for money then maybe he does do a 1 year deal with the highest bidder then hit FA next offseason when teams can prepare and set up space and a clear a spot for him

I don't get where you are coming from. Seattle just got rid of (formerly) great aging players and is also trying to shop Earl partly due to his age. It seems to me like we are sending the exact opposite message: No matter who you are and no matter how good you are we won't pay for you when you get old.
They might have done that in the past (e.g., Bennett and Kams contracts) but seem to have changed their stance on this.

toffee

Reaction score
Can't find any news on Hawks making an offer to Suh, and he is touring now to find a new home. Either Pete wasn't keen on Suh or our offer was too low. Either way, ain't happening.

It seems like Pete is confident with our in house DL youngsters going forward, that could be good thing. I think Pete wants to create cap space and picks for 2019, then play in house youngsters in 2018 for evaluation. If we can go 8-8 this season, we could be real good in 2020.

A three years re-tool plan.

rossob

Reaction score
toffee":2y8nb2sk said:
Can't find any news on Hawks making an offer to Suh, and he is touring now to find a new home. Either Pete wasn't keen on Suh or our offer was too low. Either way, ain't happening.

It seems like Pete is confident with our in house DL youngsters going forward, that could be good thing. I think Pete wants to create cap space and picks for 2019, then play in house youngsters in 2018 for evaluation. If we can go 8-8 this season, we could be real good in 2020.

A three years re-tool plan.
I think it could still happen, even though I am doubtful we are going to have the best offer of all other teams that are interested. It seems to me like Suh is visiting every team that is interested in him and makes a decision after that. Maybe he doesn't just want the money this time but the best all-around package or he just tries to drive the price up.

Kinger95

Reaction score
I understand that it does seem counterproductive to rid yourself of older players and distractions but in my mind the positives outweigh the negatives with Suh for a couple reasons

-he was released so signing him doesn’t hurt this offseason comp picks we get for next draft
-we lost Richardson and could use a replacement
- he’s likely one of if not the best at his position in the league
- if signed to a short contract it’s likely he would fetch us an additional 3rd/4th round pick

chris98251

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":2id7qlja said:
Blitzer88":2id7qlja said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/975562253352218624[/tweet]

Wasn't he already in for a visit?

He was still a Dolphin, they have stated he did have a phone call with someone possibly Pete and that was it.