Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

kf3339

Reaction score
original poster":1auwpgwh said:
Sounds like negotiation technique with Donald if you ask me.

^
This.

There is between slim and no chance they are paying for both Donald and Suh together on the line.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
If i'm the Rams, I would go all in. Why not? They are going to be in cap space hell in the next couple of years anyways. If Suh signed with them, I would sit Wilson for those 2 games if I was Seattle. He wouldnt survive that.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kf3339":2jvg8gzg said:
original poster":2jvg8gzg said:

^
This.

There is between slim and no chance they are paying for both Donald and Suh together on the line.

I wouldn't be so sure. Even with all their shopping the Rams still have the 10th most cap space in the league left for this year (28 million), and the third most cap space in the league for 2019 (100 million).

They could sign Suh and franchise Donald next year and still be perfectly fine in terms of cap space for the next two years.

They have a lot of their own resigning to do obviously (Donald this year, Gurley next year, Goff the year after that), but I suspect they're also (wisely) trying to go on a run before they have to pay for their QB in 2020.

If Suh isn't getting what he wants on the market, the Rams can afford to give him a ton of money on a one year, and he'd absolutely destroy people in their defense.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":k8suk884 said:
Russ doesn't fear anyone, never has and never will. Bring it.

So he bails early from the Pocket because he is fearless then........................

beaumaris

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1jky26yo said:
If i'm the Rams, I would go all in. Why not? They are going to be in cap space hell in the next couple of years anyways. If Suh signed with them, I would sit Wilson for those 2 games if I was Seattle. He wouldnt survive that.
Sit Wilson. What a silly idea,Russell would have a good laugh at that one. :lol:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, because he's so used to nobody blocking for him, it's like a reflex for the guy.
If you actually think he's afraid of anyone, that's pretty funny.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":30dohxyq said:

Jesus.

What an asinine post.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Uncle Si":2kb67x87 said:
pittpnthrs":2kb67x87 said:

Jesus.

What an asinine post.

I am pretty certain asinine posts make up about 95% of NET threads these days.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":27o7eg5v said:
SoulfishHawk":27o7eg5v said:
Russ doesn't fear anyone, never has and never will. Bring it.

So he bails early from the Pocket because he is fearless then........................

He took Suh down on a shoestring tackle last year...so I agree, Russ isn't afraid. He bails from the pocket to extend the play and score, not because he's taking his ball and going home. :roll:

Jville

Reaction score
Uncle Si":w4y9h2b4 said:
pittpnthrs":w4y9h2b4 said:

Jesus.

What an asinine post.

Laziness can extract a high price. 20 seconds of homework over at OTC reveals that the Rams currently have the second most cap room for 2019 at approximately 100 million. That's a long way from cap hell. LOL

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/975871000033177601[/tweet] ....... a stop gap rotational run stopping possibility. They're looking at options.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Good lord people. Why does everybody take everything so literally? It was a tongue in cheek statement meaning that our line is terrible and their defensive line with Suh and Donald would be formidable. They would tee off on Russ all day. Of course he wouldn't sit. it was in jest.

kf3339

Reaction score
Popeyejones":9xta7t5g said:
kf3339":9xta7t5g said:
original poster":9xta7t5g said:

^
This.

I wouldn't be so sure. Even with all their shopping the Rams still have the 10th most cap space in the league left for this year (28 million), and the third most cap space in the league for 2019 (100 million).

They could sign Suh and franchise Donald next year and still be perfectly fine in terms of cap space for the next two years.

They have a lot of their own resigning to do obviously (Donald this year, Gurley next year, Goff the year after that), but I suspect they're also (wisely) trying to go on a run before they have to pay for their QB in 2020.

If Suh isn't getting what he wants on the market, the Rams can afford to give him a ton of money on a one year, and he'd absolutely destroy people in their defense.

Well, I sure hope that doesn't happen as it already is going to be really difficult playing them this year. Add Suh and doubt we even stand a chance at all.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Moving this to the NFL forum since we are talking about the Rams, Suh has not scheduled a visit and S-J signed with the Jags.

Please keep further discussion in this topic about Suh.

RussB

Reaction score
There is alot of talk about suh possibly joining the rams. They are going to run wilson over next season if that happens.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kf3339":pjt2kf9a said:
Well, I sure hope that doesn't happen as it already is going to be really difficult playing them this year. Add Suh and doubt we even stand a chance at all.

Yeah. You and me both. If I'm betting, like you, I don't think it happens. I just think the interest *could be* sincere, as they could do it if they wanted to, and the way they've been wheeling and dealing really does make it look like they're trying to go on a two year run at things before they have to really pay Goff.