Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

DJrmb

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1i5r6kge said:
Don't want Suh. The only upside to signing him would be that RW's ankles would be safe during games...
But he might have to worry about Bennett going after his knee now...
:stirthepot:

pmedic920

Reaction score
RCATES":2lqmow1e said:
original poster":2lqmow1e said:
RCATES":2lqmow1e said:
No thanks. Just pushes the rebuild back another few years. This team has sustained too many losses and has put itself in a terrible situation by making terrible trades and giving up too much draft capital. They need to continue to clean house this year of bad contracts and get younger. They will be in much better position in next years draft and have plenty of cap space to reload this team for another run. You don't break away from MB and Sherm and then do this. They are simply not going to be able to compete this year with the NFC elite.

Shall we just roll over and die?

What a ridiculous post.

.net
The place where if you question a Moderator both post's get deleted and they then change their original post to insult you. Smh

If you have an issue with one of the staff, feel free to report the post, or PM/email one of the others/ownership.

Consider this a friendly but your only reminder.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Why did the dolphins cut Suh? They are taking a huge hit, just to get rid of him.

Seymour

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":39oic1m0 said:
Why did the dolphins cut Suh? They are taking a huge hit, just to get rid of him.

They paid too much then made it worse with a restructure and their offense really struggled and needs attention.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":107da2o8 said:

Sounds like they're doing a complete reset, unloading almost all high paid players. Rumors are they likely will move on from Tannehill too. Not surprising since they basically gave away Jay Ajayi.

Seymour

Reaction score
mistaowen":26lbwjh1 said:
Coug_Hawk08":26lbwjh1 said:

Sounds like they're doing a complete reset, unloading almost all high paid players. Rumors are they likely will move on from Tannehill too. Not surprising since they basically gave away Jay Ajayi.

I think the Eagles and Rams got the attention of these mediocre teams and have them swinging for the fences with young and hungry talent.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
original poster":16nhim62 said:
I think I'd legitimately be OK with $15M per.

Broooo that’s a ton of money I dunno if I’d be ok giving that to a aging player. Even one as dominant as Suh

MrThortan

Reaction score
Not certain about either of these guys, both due to character issues. Pete and Co do have a history of taking players with issues though. Often with good results, though not always. Suh will probably be pretty expensive, but between him and SR, getting that 3rd is enticing.

Don't know much about AS-J. Seems to like the bottle. Rehab in 2017. Couple DUII. Hell I am recovering addict. I believe in second chances. Probably be cheaper than JG and he is still relatively young.

lobohawk

Reaction score
2_0_6":eizttadi said:
Seymour":eizttadi said:
2_0_6":eizttadi said:
Seymour":eizttadi said:
If they sign Suh at age 31 after dumping Bennett at 32, that would pretty much squash the "getting younger" excuse for Bennett.

Big difference in the roles that they play. A DE can lose a step, while a DT just needs to be a roadblock in the middle. Him next to Jarran Reed, oh lawd!

Bennett played BOTH inside and outside though.

Point is, dumping Bennett was not about age or even money. For $2M more dollars, we could have had him this season. That is a ridiculous deal to give away to another team.

32 years old who causes drama in the locker room and has two bad feet.

From what I've heard Bennett wasn't a locker room cancer. There are just folks who interpret his sitting during the anthem as a cancer. Two diff things.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
2017 - One roughing the passer, two unnecessary roughness. Total 12 penalites, 61 yards
2016 - Zero roughing penalties. Total 9 penalties, 38 yards
2015 - Zero roughing penalties. Total 14 penalties 61 yards
2014 - One roughing the passer. Total 7 penalties 42 yards
2013 - One low block, one tripping. Total 7 penalties 43 yards
2012 - One roughing the passer. Total 3 penalties 25 yards
2011 - One roughing the passer. One disqualification (slamming opponent head and kicking) Total 7 penalties 52 yards
2010 - 1 horsecollar, 1 Unsportsmanlike, 1 Unnecessary roughness, 1 illegal block above waist. Total 8 penalties 67 yards

Suh has cleaned up his game, but still has numerous penalties

Michael Bennett on the other hand

2017 - 1 unneccessary roughness. Total 14 penalties for 70 yards
2016 - 1 unnecessary roughness, 1 unsportsmanlike conduct, 1 illegal block above waist Total 9 penalties for 46 yards
2015 - 2 unnecessary roughness, 2 roughing the passer. Total 11 penalties 66 yards
2014 - 1 unnecessary roughness. Total 16 penalties 89 yards
2013 - 1 personal foul, 1 unnecessary roughness, 1 roughing the passer Total 9 penalties 64 yards
2012 - 1 roughing the passer. Total 7 penalties 40 yards

So since 2012, Bennett had 13 roughing type penalties, 66 penalties, 375 yards. Suh 7 roughing type penalties, 52 penalties, 270 yards.

One things this doesn't take into account is situational penalties, of which Bennett seems to have a huge problem with. I've been watching Suh fairly closely, and he doesn't seem to get penalties at critical times like Bennett.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
For the record, I agree with moving on from Bennett, who I think is losing a step, and has to play right on the edge of judging the snap count to have continued success. This leads to the bevy of offsides penalties. He is a declining, expensive vet who will be best used as a rotational player very soon.

Suh can be a centerpiece of the line for 3-4 years yet. If we can get a reasonable contract, I would love to see him here. Even if he has lost a step, which I don't think he has yet, he can still be effective, given that his role isn't based on getting to the QB as fast as possible. He has the power to hold down a spot for a while yet.

I love MB and, most of, his antics. I still think it's time to move on.

kf3339

Reaction score
Getting both would be just what the doctor ordered!

Make it so!

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":22lseq4k said:
SoulfishHawk":22lseq4k said:
Hell yes, bring him in. Fans are gonna' whine anyway. He's a great player, still.

Goff and Garoppolo are going to be whining too after Suh steps on their pencil necks. :twisted: :rumble:

Not the kind of team I want to be. Hopefully Suh has moved on from those ways.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Of the two I'm more interested in ASJ. He's always had the potential to be a good blocker in addition to the receiving threat he was hyped for, and there's reason to think he may be a decent value due to his off-field issues, lower performance, and Seattle connection as an ex-Husky. Schottenheimer reportedly loves two TE sets and adding ASJ plus a rookie would make our TE group a lot more competitive.

Suh makes some sense given we've been after a pocket collapsing DT for years and we'd net a 3rd round compensatory if we let Richardson go and sign Suh instead. I'm not sure why he'd give us any kind of a discount, however, and I'm not very excited about us matching or beating the highest offer out there on a 31 year old DT with a history of dirty play.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Richardson doesn't generate anywhere near the power that Suh does if you're really talking about collapsing the pocket.

Richardson, being a go around guy, gives QBs lanes to step up into. Suh drops OL in the laps of QBs and throws everyone down. HUGE difference in terms of how that relates to the outside rushers.

Can't step up in the pocket if there is no space to step up into.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Bring on Suh.

He's wanted to play here, Pete seems to be the trouble maker whisperer at least short term. Crazys gonna find a way to get out in time but you can't deny the talent and this team is low on defensive talent at the moment. I love this move if we can make it happen. It makes the entire defense better in one swoop and at a cost that won't be much more if at all more than we'd have been on the hook with for Sheldon to re-sign.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":vx913b1q said:
JSeahawks":vx913b1q said:
WindCityHawk":vx913b1q said:
Lol, you're all tired of Bennett's "distractions" but you want Suh? I don't want to hear about your "football reasons" ever again. That's some blatant bs.

Bennett’s distractions were all off the field. Suh’s distractions are because he’s a dick on the field. Yes please!

Exactly. Big difference between hating on opposing players and hating on a fair percentage of your own fans.

I'm not certain I'm for this deal given his likely cost, buy I am open to the idea.

So now Bennett was hating on the fans . . . so pathetic.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawknation2018":185cqxqz said:
Seymour":185cqxqz said:
SoulfishHawk":185cqxqz said:
Hell yes, bring him in. Fans are gonna' whine anyway. He's a great player, still.

Goff and Garoppolo are going to be whining too after Suh steps on their pencil necks. :twisted: :rumble:

Not the kind of team I want to be. Hopefully Suh has moved on from those ways.

Did you have a problem with the Legion of Boom all those years?

I mean they basically forced referees to decide whether they were going to call everything and excelled in the moments they didnt.

This is a brutal game and one played without apology. Asking for fairness, restraint, even sportsmanship, by all involved at all times is like asking a tornado to just roll across the fields where you want it

Latest posts