Needs for 2016 draft

massari

Reaction score
Hoping they can trade #26 for an early 2nd+4th.

2nd-DL
2nd-OL
3rd-DL
3rd-OL
4th-OLB
4th-WR/OL - depending on if they sign Kearse or not.
5th-CB
6th-DB
7th-OL
7th-DL

firebee

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3f4lhtln said:
chris98251":3f4lhtln said:
Mackenzy Bernadeau C 29 DAL TBD $2,824,166 UFA
Stefen Wisniewski C 26 JAC TBD $2,500,000 UFA
Ted Larsen G 28 ARI TBD $2,435,000 UFA
Ryan Wendell C 29 NE TBD $2,400,000 UFA
Lyle Sendlein C 31 ARI TBD $2,000,000 UFA
Ben Jones C 26 HOU TBD $1,662,362 UFA
Gino Gradkowski C 27 ATL TBD $1,542,000 UFA
Josh LeRibeus C 26 WAS TBD $864,081 UFA
Tony Bergstrom C 29 OAK TBD $786,504 UFA
Tim Barnes C 27 STL TBD $710,017 UFA
Will Montgomery C 32 CHI TBD $665,000 UFA
Patrick Lewis C 24 SEA TBD $585,000 RFA
Doug Legursky C 29 PIT TBD $585,000 UFA
Chris Hubbard G 24 PIT TBD $510,000 ERFA
T.J. Johnson C 25 CIN TBD $510,000 ERFA
Matt Paradis C 26 DEN TBD $435,000 ERFA
Lemuel Jeanpierre C 28 SEA TBD $378,529 UFA
David Molk C 27 PHI TBD $361,941 UFA
J.D. Walton C 28 SD TBD $309,705 UFA
Brian De La Puente C 30 WAS TBD $275,294 UFA
Brian Folkerts C 25 STL TBD $240,882 ERFA
Sam Brenner C 25 DEN TBD $210,000 ERFA
Gabe Ikard C 25 DET TBD $90,000 ERFA
Jacques McClendon C 28 MIA TBD $87,647 UFA
Braxston Cave C 26 DET TBD $25,588 ERFA

Only one guy, of all the under 30 year old centers, on the above list is an upgrade over Patrick Lewis....

Actually... 2 guys...
Stefen Wisniewski, who's going to be resigned by the Jags... Look at how much cap they have and the few players they have to resign. They're going to be making a huge splash in free agency this year and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them franchise Wisniewski.\

Matt Paradis... Broncos starting Center that's been getting coached up by James Cregg and Brian Callahan in a zone blocking spread offense much like ours. He would be a good fit here and the Broncos likely won't have the ability to match an offer on him if they franchise Von Miller, but he's an exclusive rights free agent, which means we'd likely have to give up a pick. Don't think it would be much though, a 3rd day pick on this draft or next year's draft.

firebee

Reaction score
massari":1dhnft1g said:

2nd-DL
2nd-OL
3rd-DL
3rd-OL
4th-OLB
5th-CB
6th-DB
7th-OL
7th-DL

If we trade down into the 2nd, we should be able to pick up more than an extra 4th based on value of the picks. I also wouldn't necessarily be opposed to drafting a LB 1st, especially if Jaylon Smith happened to slide to us after we traded down. IMO, he'd be the perfect fit for us at OLB if Irvin isn't resigned. The draft is loaded with OL and DL, so we could pick up a good DT that slides like Nkemdiche, Clark, Chris Jones or Billings with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round and go after OL on the 2nd day, getting guys like Odhiambo, Kirkland, Dahl, Willie Beavers, Avery Young, Austin Blythe, Fahn Cooper, Johnstone, Benenoch all depending on who would be the best fits for what our FO is looking for. If we don't resign Lane, which I hope is the first thing we do in FA; we'll probably try landing Worley out of West Virginia, which might mean reaching a little for him.

McGruff

Reaction score
firebee":29pseibd said:
hawkfan68":29pseibd said:
chris98251":29pseibd said:
Mackenzy Bernadeau C 29 DAL TBD $2,824,166 UFA
Stefen Wisniewski C 26 JAC TBD $2,500,000 UFA
Ted Larsen G 28 ARI TBD $2,435,000 UFA
Ryan Wendell C 29 NE TBD $2,400,000 UFA
Lyle Sendlein C 31 ARI TBD $2,000,000 UFA
Ben Jones C 26 HOU TBD $1,662,362 UFA
Gino Gradkowski C 27 ATL TBD $1,542,000 UFA
Josh LeRibeus C 26 WAS TBD $864,081 UFA
Tony Bergstrom C 29 OAK TBD $786,504 UFA
Tim Barnes C 27 STL TBD $710,017 UFA
Will Montgomery C 32 CHI TBD $665,000 UFA
Patrick Lewis C 24 SEA TBD $585,000 RFA
Doug Legursky C 29 PIT TBD $585,000 UFA
Chris Hubbard G 24 PIT TBD $510,000 ERFA
T.J. Johnson C 25 CIN TBD $510,000 ERFA
Matt Paradis C 26 DEN TBD $435,000 ERFA
Lemuel Jeanpierre C 28 SEA TBD $378,529 UFA
David Molk C 27 PHI TBD $361,941 UFA
J.D. Walton C 28 SD TBD $309,705 UFA
Brian De La Puente C 30 WAS TBD $275,294 UFA
Brian Folkerts C 25 STL TBD $240,882 ERFA
Sam Brenner C 25 DEN TBD $210,000 ERFA
Gabe Ikard C 25 DET TBD $90,000 ERFA
Jacques McClendon C 28 MIA TBD $87,647 UFA
Braxston Cave C 26 DET TBD $25,588 ERFA

Only one guy, of all the under 30 year old centers, on the above list is an upgrade over Patrick Lewis....

Actually... 2 guys...
Stefen Wisniewski, who's going to be resigned by the Jags... Look at how much cap they have and the few players they have to resign. They're going to be making a huge splash in free agency this year and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them franchise Wisniewski.\

Matt Paradis... Broncos starting Center that's been getting coached up by James Cregg and Brian Callahan in a zone blocking spread offense much like ours. He would be a good fit here and the Broncos likely won't have the ability to match an offer on him if they franchise Von Miller, but he's an exclusive rights free agent, which means we'd likely have to give up a pick. Don't think it would be much though, a 3rd day pick on this draft or next year's draft.

ERFA means they can give hima minimum contract and he has to sign it.

massari

Reaction score
firebee":3c8em7q4 said:
massari":3c8em7q4 said:

2nd-DL
2nd-OL
3rd-DL
3rd-OL
4th-OLB
5th-CB
6th-DB
7th-OL
7th-DL

If we trade down into the 2nd, we should be able to pick up more than an extra 4th based on value of the picks. I also wouldn't necessarily be opposed to drafting a LB 1st, especially if Jaylon Smith happened to slide to us after we traded down. IMO, he'd be the perfect fit for us at OLB if Irvin isn't resigned. The draft is loaded with OL and DL, so we could pick up a good DT that slides like Nkemdiche, Clark, Chris Jones or Billings with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round and go after OL on the 2nd day, getting guys like Odhiambo, Kirkland, Dahl, Willie Beavers, Avery Young, Austin Blythe, Fahn Cooper, Johnstone, Benenoch all depending on who would be the best fits for what our FO is looking for. If we don't resign Lane, which I hope is the first thing we do in FA; we'll probably try landing Worley out of West Virginia, which might mean reaching a little for him.
In 2014 the Seahawks traded #32 to the Vikings for #40 & #108 which is an early 2nd+4th so i was just going by that.

As long as they load up the OL/DL with a OLB+CB+WR(if they don't sign Kearse) pick mixed in there it'll be all good.

delagator7

Reaction score
I am going with the best player available in each round, but we really need DT's especially a NT. (Brandon Mebane is getting old). and an OT because I believe Okung is way too fragile to commit long term, high end LT money.

Rd 1. (One Pick, 26)
DT Kenny Clarke UCLA 6'3 310 or Jarrett Reed Alabama 6'3 311
OT Jack Conklin, Michigan State 6'7 315 or Taylor Decker, Ohio State 6'6 310
WR Michael Thomas
C Ryan Kelly, Alabama

Knowing the Hawks, they will probably pick someone who is rated lower by everyone else, or someone nobody has ever heard of. My opinion is that I always liked there 5th rounders and UDFA much better than the rest of their draft. Although the 2nd and 3rd were pretty awesome in 2015l

delagator7

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind drafting FB Baby Gronkowski, he looks like a beast in the mid-rounds if available

firebee

Reaction score
delagator7":2hu4uivk said:
I wouldn't mind drafting FB Baby Gronkowski, he looks like a beast in the mid-rounds if available
If we're going to draft that type of player in the mid rounds, I want Tyler Higbee.

Davidess

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1r70le5t said:
Interesting dilemma. If Derrick Henry is available in the first or second round when the Seahawks pick, do you pick him? With Lynch gone (most likely), there's a need at RB even with Thomas Rawls coming back. Henry could be one those guys that is extremely productive in the NFL. He fits power and physical running schemes. It would be nice 1-2 punch with Rawls/Henry. Here's his profile on NFL.com - http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/derrick-henry?id=2555221

IMO, he's a no brainer pick, if there, in the 2nd. Maybe a good choice in the 1st, if the OL guys like Conklin, Ifedi, Spriggs, and DL guys like Clark, Billings are taken.

I don't see the hawks picking Henry. He isn't the kind of runner they like. he isn't elusive. I watched the BCS Championship game (Clemson vs Bama) and came away thinking he reminded me of Colin Kaepernick when he ran. Sure hes fast when he gets to the open field but for a guy that size he should be breaking arm tackles but instead falls down when contacted. not a normal powerback or very elusive. here are some RBs id like to get

Kenneth Dixon LTU
Devontae Booker Utah
Jonathan William Arkansas-He missed 2015 with a foot injury but was highly touted coming into his senior year (before injury of course) wouldn't be surprised if he is a late round/UDFA the hawks go after. his stock plummeted due to not playing this year. will be interesting. reminded me of Rawls.

Also a DT/DE hybrid to keep an eye on for the hawks would be Jonathan Bullard from Florida. he can play inside and out and is listed at 6'3 280lbs~

lots of interesting DTs in this draft. don't be surprised if the hawks don't force an Oline into a 1st round pick and instead go DT. this class is a DT class and I can see the hawks jumping on that and possibly going Oline in FA (Osemele maybe?)

JS did say that Oline would be a priority this offseason but reiterated that they would be picking BPA and not forcing a pick. I would not be surprised if they sign a big name OG like an Osemele and go for a veteran C. than draft Oline maybe 3rd along with their projected 3rd round comp getting a RB (K. Dixon)

although going BPA available and having Zeke Elliot (unlikely I know but not absolutely out of the realm of possibility) sitting there and taking him would be sweet. having someone to take over for Rawls if..IF he goes down or even sharing the backfield with.

Davidess

Reaction score
firebee":1c6yip78 said:
massari":1c6yip78 said:

2nd-DL
2nd-OL
3rd-DL
3rd-OL
4th-OLB
5th-CB
6th-DB
7th-OL
7th-DL

in 2014 the hawks traded out of the 1st and to the 40th pick and along with the 40th pick the hawks got a 4th. it will truly come down who is buying and whats fallen to the hawks that teams are clamoring for. I think a 4th and maybe a 7th depending but don't see anything more than that.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Try asking yourself the reverse question: are there positions we should avoid even if it represents the best player available on our board?

I view this as a good year to draft talent regardless of position. Would you pass on drafting a second Earl Thomas because FS isn't on a list of needs?

McGruff

Reaction score
AgentDib":2r3msnl4 said:
Try asking yourself the reverse question: are there positions we should avoid even if it represents the best player available on our board?

I view this as a good year to draft talent regardless of position. Would you pass on drafting a second Earl Thomas because FS isn't on a list of needs?

I know Pete wanted to draft Mark Barron a couple of years ago. While he's more Kam than Earl, it is evidence that Pete won't hesitate to take his top guy, even if he's got a superstar at the position.

McGruff

Reaction score
Davidess":309ctfj8 said:
hawkfan68":309ctfj8 said:
Interesting dilemma. If Derrick Henry is available in the first or second round when the Seahawks pick, do you pick him? With Lynch gone (most likely), there's a need at RB even with Thomas Rawls coming back. Henry could be one those guys that is extremely productive in the NFL. He fits power and physical running schemes. It would be nice 1-2 punch with Rawls/Henry. Here's his profile on NFL.com - http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/derrick-henry?id=2555221

IMO, he's a no brainer pick, if there, in the 2nd. Maybe a good choice in the 1st, if the OL guys like Conklin, Ifedi, Spriggs, and DL guys like Clark, Billings are taken.

I don't see the hawks picking Henry. He isn't the kind of runner they like. he isn't elusive. I watched the BCS Championship game (Clemson vs Bama) and came away thinking he reminded me of Colin Kaepernick when he ran. Sure hes fast when he gets to the open field but for a guy that size he should be breaking arm tackles but instead falls down when contacted. not a normal powerback or very elusive. here are some RBs id like to get

Kenneth Dixon LTU
Devontae Booker Utah
Jonathan William Arkansas-He missed 2015 with a foot injury but was highly touted coming into his senior year (before injury of course) wouldn't be surprised if he is a late round/UDFA the hawks go after. his stock plummeted due to not playing this year. will be interesting. reminded me of Rawls.

Also a DT/DE hybrid to keep an eye on for the hawks would be Jonathan Bullard from Florida. he can play inside and out and is listed at 6'3 280lbs~

lots of interesting DTs in this draft. don't be surprised if the hawks don't force an Oline into a 1st round pick and instead go DT. this class is a DT class and I can see the hawks jumping on that and possibly going Oline in FA (Osemele maybe?)

JS did say that Oline would be a priority this offseason but reiterated that they would be picking BPA and not forcing a pick. I would not be surprised if they sign a big name OG like an Osemele and go for a veteran C. than draft Oline maybe 3rd along with their projected 3rd round comp getting a RB (K. Dixon)

although going BPA available and having Zeke Elliot (unlikely I know but not absolutely out of the realm of possibility) sitting there and taking him would be sweet. having someone to take over for Rawls if..IF he goes down or even sharing the backfield with.

I could see them picking Henry. He's a bigger, badder, faster, better version if Robert Turbin. They picked Turbo in the 4th. I can see them picking Henry in the 2nd easily, and even the 1st depending on who is there.

cheese22

Reaction score
anyone have detailed knowledge of Jonathan Williams? The tape of him is very impressive to me. I'm curious what kind of hands he has. It sounds like he was an early round pick before his injury. Missing last year will almost guarantee he goes lower than he would have without the injury. Could make him a late round target with early round talent.