Nervous or Excited about the Future?

Nervous or Excited?

• I'm nervous about the future. Where do we go from here?

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Excited! Anyone is better than Cabevell! John & Pete will get it right

Votes: 99 87.6%

• Total voters

endzorn

Reaction score
I’m just excited to see something different. Pete has a philosophy on both sides of the ball and will hire based on those ideas, but it’ll be fresh perspective and that makes it exciting.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Nice, oldhawkfan. I feel about the same.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":jq9rf3b9 said:
northseahawk":jq9rf3b9 said:
We wont succeed if Wilson can't complete a pass or get a first down in the 1st quarter.

He no longer has the Elite defense that only required 15 points from him to win!

It wont matter even if we bring in Belichick and Gruden as coordinators, because ultimately you need you damn Qb to play 4 quarter of efficient football.

That is an excellent analogy that I was totally unaware of. Thank you for helping us understand football. :sarcasm_off:

So, wiseguy, will you join me in asking for qb change if the shit-show offense continues under new coaches?!

mrt144

Reaction score
northseahawk":2kjoyafh said:
mrt144":2kjoyafh said:
northseahawk":2kjoyafh said:
We wont succeed if Wilson can't complete a pass or get a first down in the 1st quarter.

He no longer has the Elite defense that only required 15 points from him to win!

It wont matter even if we bring in Belichick and Gruden as coordinators, because ultimately you need you damn Qb to play 4 quarter of efficient football.

Maybe better or different coaching can change that. We get an opportunity, finally, to see. Hold onto your butt and welcome that instead of being a sour puss who probably hasn't enjoyed a moment of Seahawks football since RW got here.

To be honest, no I haven't enjoyed much since the defense and Lynch declined, and the team became dependent on Wilson for sucess.

I am excited that we will get someone new and I am sure it will be someone great, so that many more will realize that Wilson is a huge reason why we are so ineffiecent on offense.

I hope I am wrong mate! I hope it was just the coaching!

The thing that has driven me wild is that there hasn't been one opportunity to fully measure RW outside of the coaching system. Agree, the offense has become less efficient with RW controlling the fate of more snaps with passing - but that doesn't explain the why of running efficiency cratering to the degree it has which was a huge yoke on the overall fate of the team and very likely the impetus for RW being more of the fulcrum of the offense.

We get an inflection point. We should be drinking in celebration for the chance to confirm our worst fears.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
northseahawk":3y4485y6 said:
Seymour":3y4485y6 said:
northseahawk":3y4485y6 said:

That is an excellent analogy that I was totally unaware of. Thank you for helping us understand football. :sarcasm_off:

So, wiseguy, will you join me in asking for qb change if the shit-show offense continues under new coaches?!

Lol

Me thinks someone is anxiously waiting for Wilson to fail. Just to say "I told you so"

What a shame, how hard is it to be objective on the guy? We have no idea how the new coaches are gonna work out. And even some of the best QBs don't play four full quarters of efficient football. That would make him a perfect QB, which no one is

kf3339

Reaction score
endzorn":1z9fbo79 said:
I’m just excited to see something different. Pete has a philosophy on both sides of the ball and will hire based on those ideas, but it’ll be fresh perspective and that makes it exciting.

This is pretty much how I see it as well. We needed new ideas and as you say perspective. If nothing else it sends a clear messages to the players that mediocrity will be shown the door.

What doesn't anyone like about that?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I tend to think Pete's hand was forced.

If you Paul Allen and you're at the cusp of winning two superbowls back to back and you lose like that, you gotta be beyond furious.

He probably gave Pete some leeway because he won the prior year but you got to think Paul Allen was livid like fans are.

And the subsequent years, you see your team diminish in talent and fewer wins each year, you begin to look at the team from a different view. Paul Allen, probably conducts team audits to see how the players and coaches relationship are, if he sees a potential issue and the wins are fewer and far between, things will start to unravel and reveal themselves.

And ultimately, if you're unwilling to make changes, you're part of the problem.

Something has to be done.

I don't know what will become of our Hawks in coming years, but I do know, coaching changes are inevitable when teams lose as well as when they win.

Yes, I'm excited for the future, why, simply put it, because you can't expect different results, by doing the same things.

Just my two cents.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1lk4j92e said:
I am not sure yet. I do know that change was necessary....will take a couple days to digest this data from today to learn what I think. Will repost in a couple days.

:irishdrinkers:

I down-voted this post, old man.

You celebrate now with the rest of .net :lol:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
northseahawk":vuo9qp0h said:

Do you think perhaps playcalling had nearly everything to do with how he performed in the first half of games, I certainly do.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2onclhnm said:
northseahawk":2onclhnm said:

Do you think perhaps playcalling had nearly everything to do with how he performed in the first half of games, I certainly do.
My theory is, majority of the first half, Hawks try to establish a run game, and for the majority of the first half, it doesn't work, they fail to do so, defense obviously gets winded, and the Hawks ultimately gets scored on and fall behind.

Second half, Hawks may be behind, as the first half shows, they can't run worth a damn, so Russ now allowed to sling it around to play catch up.

Some plays are made, because more balls are thrown in the second half compared to the first, stats would then appear to look "better."

Just my theory.

Lol.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
northseahawk":1oz97k3u said:
Seymour":1oz97k3u said:
northseahawk":1oz97k3u said:

You do know Wilson is going to the Pro Bowl this year, right? At one point he was in the MVP conversation as well. You talk like we should be starting a different QB. Smh.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2c6d7xfw said:
It doesn't matter if Bevell or Cable were actually even to blame for the problems. And maybe it wasn't even fair. But a message had to be broadcast through the whole organization, from the coaches to the players to the fans, that the status quo was no longer acceptable.

So...they were sacrificial lambs?

That's what I don't like. Most folks don't even really have a lot of tangible criticism for either coach beyond their raw results. The most tangible thing I can come up with is years of bad drafting at OL, for which I think Cable earned the can, but those picks weren't only his decision.

If Seattle goes 9-7 the next two seasons, the narrative is going to change. It's going to turn into something like "Why did we get rid of the coaches who took us to Super Bowls when we probably should have just changed the roster?" It's also going to get a lot more people wondering how much of our struggles has been Pete Carroll.

At least I can appreciate your honesty, Windy.

Seymour

Reaction score
northseahawk":35fxvlyl said:
Seymour":35fxvlyl said:
northseahawk":35fxvlyl said:

Absolutely. But not until the 2nd half of the season and I have a better viable suggestion.

Ya, I defend Russell, but I also see he is now part of the problem. My angle is the problem was predictable and our own fault by the budget oline and outdated has been coaching staff left to fix it.

That said, a new shit show is not assurance it's entirely on Wilson since Pete is also a common denominator, and we all know he has his parameters the offense will still have to run under.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think you have to be an expert in thermodynamics if you have two eyes and can see a fire destroying something. Whether a fan can quantify every single aspect and/or reason for the breakdown of Bevell and Cable in this system or not seems ineffectual to me. Point is, the system broke down under their watch and it was time (most would say long overdue) for them to go.

Seymour

Reaction score
northseahawk":1mttsl39 said:
Seymour":1mttsl39 said:
northseahawk":1mttsl39 said:

Also I'd like to add that i don't think Wilson was as bad overall as you think in 2017.

Want an outsiders "expert opinion"??

Attachments

• Warner-2017.jpg
    Warner-2017.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 1,940

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Aros":1wjcmvmo said:
I don't think you have to be an expert in thermodynamics if you have two eyes and can see a fire destroying something. Whether a fan can quantify every single aspect and/or reason for the breakdown of Bevell and Cable in this system or not seems ineffectual to me. Point is, the system broke down under their watch and it was time (most would say long overdue) for them to go.

Sorry, Todd, I just don't agree with any of this. Too many other obvious factors in the way. I think people wanted a scapegoat and got it.

I'm not heartbroken over their firings, exactly. Wilson was never going to realize his full potential under Bevell.

I've just seen enough individuals get cut or walk away from the Seahawks and been replaced by someone even worse, to think that firings does anything certain besides give fans some emotional release.

I'll feel better if Seattle signs people with an actual better rep, instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel with another Del Rio or another Norv.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I finally have hope that we can have at least an average Oline and a coach calling plays that might actually make sense.