Nervous or Excited about the Future?

Nervous or Excited?

• I'm nervous about the future. Where do we go from here?

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Excited! Anyone is better than Cabevell! John & Pete will get it right

Votes: 99 87.6%

• Total voters

NINEster

Reaction score
I saw a graphic showing the hawks run/pass split dating back to 2012.

From 2012 up to 2014, the Hawks ran the ball more than they threw.

In 2015, they ran the ball slightly more than they threw.

In 2016 and 2017 they ran the ball less than they threw.

Gotta go back to pounding the rock and shoring up the D. Turning Wilson into Marino isn't the answer.

Even the great Brees is seeing more success with a stronger run/pass balance.

-- Fair & Balanced

capncrunch

Reaction score
Excited mostly. We have drafted a lot of O Lineman who haven't been good enough. I assume Cable at least helped in those selections. Maybe his blocking scheme is to blame. It can only go up from here as far as OL goes. I wasn't always a Bevell hater, but I think we need to find somebody that can get us to score in the first half. He has to take part of the blame. I'd like a little less predictability. I think Pete may have to back off from offensive philosophy and let the new OC and RW figure out how to put up some more points. It could be that RW has a lot to say about it. I don't think Bevell or Cable will get a lot of interest from other teams, which should tell us something.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3ts9vhl8 said:
Seahawkfan80":3ts9vhl8 said:
I am not sure yet. I do know that change was necessary....will take a couple days to digest this data from today to learn what I think. Will repost in a couple days.

:irishdrinkers:

I down-voted this post, old man.

You celebrate now with the rest of .net :lol:

I had to go take a nap....

I think I am in between nervous and excited. Excited for the change and cautious about where we stand with what they are going to do for coaches. Players are still a concern and we have no idea where we stand there either. What we do in the draft is dependent on what we do with our old hats that are on the team and what direction the new OC/OL/Owhatever we get does. Some change is good....so I changed something with me too. Cant remember what it was..but it is changed now.

I downvoted your downvote which makes your downvote an up vote. so there. :p :les: :irishdrinkers: :les:

northseahawk

Reaction score
Seymour":kwkk9vrc said:
northseahawk":kwkk9vrc said:
Seymour":kwkk9vrc said:
northseahawk":kwkk9vrc said:
We wont succeed if Wilson can't complete a pass or get a first down in the 1st quarter.

He no longer has the Elite defense that only required 15 points from him to win!

It wont matter even if we bring in Belichick and Gruden as coordinators, because ultimately you need you damn Qb to play 4 quarter of efficient football.

That is an excellent analogy that I was totally unaware of. Thank you for helping us understand football. :sarcasm_off:

So, wiseguy, will you join me in asking for qb change if the shit-show offense continues under new coaches?!

Also I'd like to add that i don't think Wilson was as bad overall as you think in 2017.

Want an outsiders "expert opinion"??

I never said he was bad overall. statistically he had one of his best year. But you can't deny that he was nothing but horrible in first half of the games. No quarterback is always perfects, but when you are bad 15/16 games in the first half (has been bad his whole career), then that is a problem! We could easily have won 2-3 more games if he was not absolutely horrible in the first half. This is a direct correlation.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Neither excited no nervous.

Optimistic, neutral, nor pessimistic?

I'm neutral, leaning optimistic.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I was im some kind of Seahawks depression all year until this happened.
All the sudden, Im back to being positive about the future.

I am predicting that our next offensive coordinator will become our next head coach.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I’m excited to see the change, change is life for any organism.

Pete’s rules are in evidence, if you don’t think so, read his book.

Both Bevell and especially Cable were aware of the rule that you must always compete, they didn’t, and they were both given lots of opportunity to compete but both ran out of ideas or couldn’t fix their messes. In result they are both gone.

I’m not buying the scapegoating theory exposed by several here. The O was broken and change was needed. It was clear that any change of just the OC left Cable there as the Assistant HC, OLine coach and self styled ‘running game coordinator’. That is an impossible situation for almost any new OC to have to deal with and structurally was likely there b/c Bevell had trouble using his personnel. As well the OLine was clearly just not doing it’s job. That wasn’t just a one year thing either. Was there more blame to share, for sure, but Cable had been given lots of resources and he was unable to coach his young players up, and the situation had worsened with him having control of the running game and the OLine, Cable’s time was up. Even he knew,or should have known, he’d failed to meet any stated expectations.

We have all read the compendium of posts here about Bevell and his failings, it is hard or almost impossible to be the OC for as long as he was w/o becoming predictable, or stale. It came to a head this season with the total collapse of the running game and there