Newton just disgraced the flag...

Overseasfan

Reaction score
This is just overreacting. Cam isn't someone like Russell, Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. The latter group are extremely talented and polite people who are generally liked by pretty much everyone.

Cam is like Sherm, Doug and Bennett. The are all very confindent and emotional people. A lot of players would act like Cam or our most outspoken players if they were doubted before but then went on an incredible hotstreak. Just look at the Kirk Cousins 'you like that' moment.

Cam isn't the worst person in the world, the Panthers aren't the worst team in the world and they deserved the win. Stay classy guys.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rob12":2177r4rw said:
Hawkpower":2177r4rw said:
What would Russ have done in that scenario?

Cam isn't Russ, and Russ isn't Cam. So that's kind of a stupid question.

Both of them dedicate much of their time to enrich and impact the lives of children, though. Cam might douche out on the field sometimes, but he's a good guy. I think people calling him an asshole and cocky prick is a bit much.

You asked what Cam was supposed to do with it.

You implied he had not other choice.

I asked what Russ could and or would have done with a Carolina flag had he been handed one in a similar scenario.

The answer demonstrates not only the difference in maturity levels between the two players, but also the fact that he had plenty of options.

Now we can all agree to not care about his immaturity, or go on and on about how if we dont want Cam to throw flags, win the game, but those are two different conversations.

Care about it or dont, it doesnt change the fact that he is a douchebag on the field.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Rob12":1fbi2eaw said:
Who cares? Good grief, is this what we're really complaining about these days? A Panther fan handed him a 12 flag in his house after a huge win. What the hell was he supposed to do with it? Hug it?
Look again. That was a Hawk fan.

Newton1

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":12aw2hp1 said:
Hawkpower":12aw2hp1 said:

I doubt RW would have grabbed it.

But I'm sure Sherm, Bennett, Kam, Doug, etc. would have all grabbed it and done the same.

... Probably while taking a dump in the end zone chanting "I'm the best corner in the league and that's the result you gonna get."

A12 flag in our house... don't see the problem.

drdiags

Reaction score
Come on man, it wasn't like it was "Old Glory". To the victor goes the spoils. Give the tantrum spinning a break.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
It's just a game folks....bottom line. Carolina won we lost. Props to them.

Rob12

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1vpvvukh said:
Rob12":1vpvvukh said:
Who cares? Good grief, is this what we're really complaining about these days? A Panther fan handed him a 12 flag in his house after a huge win. What the hell was he supposed to do with it? Hug it?
Look again. That was a Hawk fan.

Well then a Hawk fan should have known better. Why would they be handing a 12 flag to Cam Newton?

djb28

Reaction score
Hawk fan giving him a flag. What did they think would happen?

Yes, Wilson would have looked at it. Folded it up and laid it down on a chair then continued his celebration run.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I do not like cam at all, but nothing wrong with what he did after watching the video. We ate turkey on the 49er logo. We won. This time they won. If a panther flag was waiver in front of one of our guys in our stadium after we just got done beating them, I would EXPECT our guys to throw it on the ground. Get that out of my face.

jacobsod

Reaction score
minormillikin":mch3cbvf said:
It doesn't matter whose house it is. Taking someone's 12 flag and crumpling it up and throwing it is a super low-class move. Cam expresses his emotions like a particularly stupid (possibly brain damaged) little kid.

At least this time he didn't take it to the locker room and throw it in the trash. The fan will get the flag back and have a weird memory of a time when the winning qb chose to celebrate by showing what a douche he is.

Absolutely. And then the jerk has the stones to complain how everyone is always against him.

But go ahead, Cam, feed our hate. My gawd every week I hate him more and more. Please Cardinals kick his arse. UGH.

drdiags

Reaction score
This sounds like the outrage Steelers fans had with Lyndale White wiping his feet on the "Terrible Towel" after the Titans got that butt.

Don't be that guy.

IowaHawkeye

Reaction score
LOL he handed him the flag and he threw it down. It's not like he snatched it.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Don't mind. Dude is going around his home crowd and is living in the moment. I wish I could be having as much fun as he is in life.

253hawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1q5qdbtq said:
Hawkpower":1q5qdbtq said:

I doubt RW would have grabbed it.

But I'm sure Sherm, Bennett, Kam, Doug, etc. would have all grabbed it and done the same.

No, because we actually sell enough tickets to the home fans that it wouldn't be an issue. I never see visiting fans en masse behind the benches. Seems to be a huge issue in Charlotte though, since visitors can come in and score field-level seats, because this keeps happening. I guess the bandwagon can't afford the seats.

Scientists discover that water is wet; study finds that women are bad drivers; Cam Newton acts like a childish douche. News at 11. Just because he can do it doesn't mean that he has to, but he does it anyway because he has zero respect for sportsmanship or for the visiting fans who spend money to help his local economy and to pay his salary.

Yeah, real classy guy. This is the MVP candidate? Not a very high bar if you ask me. What a douche. How many other MVP candidates threatened to slap the S out of someone this season?

[youtube]cz9KsR3HbOE[/youtube]

Reaction score
jacobsod":2n0168sw said:
minormillikin":2n0168sw said:
It doesn't matter whose house it is. Taking someone's 12 flag and crumpling it up and throwing it is a super low-class move. Cam expresses his emotions like a particularly stupid (possibly brain damaged) little kid.

At least this time he didn't take it to the locker room and throw it in the trash. The fan will get the flag back and have a weird memory of a time when the winning qb chose to celebrate by showing what a douche he is.

Absolutely. And then the jerk has the stones to complain how everyone is always against him.

But go ahead, Cam, feed our hate. My gawd every week I hate him more and more. Please Cardinals kick his arse. UGH.

Did you see Cam's post game at the podium? I knew I didn't like him but, wow, what an arrogant douche. I hope so bad that Arizona has him on the sidelines, pouting under that friggin' towel.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SanDiegoSeahawk":w7as0d38 said:
jacobsod":w7as0d38 said:
minormillikin":w7as0d38 said:

Did you see Cam's post game at the podium? I knew I didn't like him but, wow, what an arrogant douche. I hope so bad that Arizona has him on the sidelines, pouting under that friggin' towel.

If Arizona's OL can manage to keep the dawgs off of Palmer, they have a excellent chance. I can almost guarantee they will do a better job than our OL did. All Russ needed was the time he had in the second half -not much, but just enough- and he would have picked that suspect secondary apart. A comeback would not have been necessary.

Rob12

Reaction score
minormillikin":2j7jb7xj said:

LMFAO... So now Cam "took" the flag. No, a Seahawk fan put his hand over the rail and wanted him to take it.

At least be honest, man.

dino26

Reaction score
I have got much respect for Cam but after yesterday I lost alot of it the whole podium cockiness and being a douche with the 12 flag ...he has watched too many Jason Taylor vines!