Next game: Brees hurt (UPDATE: Surgery, likely out 6 weeks)

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2u97krw6 said:
I'd rather play them at full strength because I think the teams are fairly evenly matched. A win against such an opponent would be a significant boost for many of the negative fans right now.

Maybe, but there's still a bunch of ways to win with Brees on the other side where a chunk of people will still be irritated with the way they won.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlackandGolden":3oe4vl6p said:
Seahawks coasting to an easy win.
I appreciate the respect but for Seattle lately there is no such thing as an easy win.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Brees is one of my favorite non-hawks. Great guy, great player. I hope the injury isn’t serious.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
xray":1zhrjm50 said:
chris98251":1zhrjm50 said:
Just remember everyone, seems like every time we play a team with a back up playing we have issues and it's a nail biter. Tampa Bay with Glennon, Rams with Austin Davis, S.F. with Mullins come to mind recently.
2 wins by 3 pts total ...gotta do better Go Hawks

WHY?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
While I wish Brees the best, I’d rather not play NO with a healthy Brees this early in the season. I’d rather play the good teams later in the season once Carroll finds our secret sauce. Then bring it on!

Hopefully it’s a strain for a couple weeks. Need him healthy for when they play the Niners.

mort

Reaction score
Reading the Nola forums evidently from the wrap and tests that were shown, Ulnar collateral ligament tear is a pretty high probability which could easily be his season

He’s one of my favorites as well, lousy news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":cxn23b7k said:
AlciG":cxn23b7k said:
Makes no difference if he comes back for this one or not. The refs will not let the Rams loose this one at home

Go back to the Grassy Knoll

Bahahaha Oh man, that's funny ! I have to remember that one.

AlciG

Reaction score
HawkerD":1um63tb7 said:
AlciG":1um63tb7 said:
Makes no difference if he comes back for this one or not. The refs will not let the Rams loose this one at home

Go back to the Grassy Knoll

Did you see that imcomplete pass/fumble?

It seemed obvious to me it was a fumble, but even if not why not err on the side of a fumble which can be overturned. Instead they took a TD away at a time where both teams were struggling to put up much offense. That right there could have changed to complexion of the game.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1fnm6cp6 said:
BlackandGolden":1fnm6cp6 said:
I appreciate the respect but for Seattle lately there is no such thing as an easy win.

Even though I do like what we have on offense minus Brees, I just don’t see Bridgewater ever outplaying Russell by any stretch of the imagination. Hopefully the defense find some way to keep the game competitive.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlackandGolden":2lwufp4y said:
Sports Hernia":2lwufp4y said:
BlackandGolden":2lwufp4y said:

Even though I do like what we have on offense minus Brees, I just don’t see Bridgewater ever outplaying Russell by any stretch of the imagination. Hopefully the defense find some way to keep the game competitive.
I think it will go down to whomever has the last possession type of game.
All TB has to do is manage the game with the talent on the offensive side of the ball, and I don’t trust Seattle’s defense, especially the secondary quite yet.

I think your Defense is good enough to cause Seattle problems at times.
I’d be shocked if Seattle blows out the Saints.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
It's amazing all these old QB's are still playing. Like 40+ year old QB's. It just has to break down somewhere. That can't go on forever in the NFL. That said it was somewhat of a freak thing with his thumb hitting like that. But football is really rough and no more friendly to your joints or hands as you age.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I just had an ulnar surgery and can tell you it's a very touchy area , mostly sound but when it gets injured it won't heal quickly on its own and can be very problematic far in the future and almost always requires a surgery when it has a problem
Brees will be out
I'd like to have seen that game
I just really want to beat the rams and niners this year in both games though

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Really a bummer, I love watching that guy play. My favorite non-Hawk player right up there with Larry Fitzgerald. Still think we beat them at home with or without him.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
In 2013, Microsoft Tech-Ed was in New Orleans. The last evening of the event was held at the Dome where massive amounts of alcohol and food were served, Tina Turner performed on the top of an extended forklift and Drew Brees was on hand to throw anyone who wanted a 25 yard pass in a section of field that was put up just for that purpose on camera. Brees must have thrown 2000 passes that night and was smiling the entire time. Very cool dude while doing it and after.

I hope the guy isn't hurt too bad to play or if he misses any time it is only a game, two at the most. He is a fantastic QB and special player.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Not trying to celebrate an injury but this is a big blow for the Saints and whilst nothing is a given it only helps us next week.

Rapsheet tweet for context:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1173605032534708226[/tweet]

chrispy

Reaction score
being reported in multiple places that Brees is out 6 weeks.

Washington49er

Reaction score
This late in his career, out 6 weeks. That's a lot of time to think about retirement. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't come back.

sutz

Reaction score
That sux. The game goes on.

Frankly, our history against backup QBs is kind of sketchy, though. Teams tend to rally around the next guy up, too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Really a bummer, like I said I love watching that guy play. But they have a pretty decent defense and a couple solid backups. I expect it to be a good game on Sunday.