Next game: Brees hurt (UPDATE: Surgery, likely out 6 weeks)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":cjkcmi9g said:
That sux. The game goes on.

Frankly, our history against backup QBs is kind of sketchy, though. Teams tend to rally around the next guy up, too.

Yeah I hope everyone doesn't think this game's in the bag now.

Between Two Glove Teddy and Austin, plus the other weapons the Saints have.......this game is anything but a sure thing.

As we even saw in the first game against the Bungles, it's hard to gameplan for QB's and schemes you haven't seen yet...........and I can GUARANTEE you that Payton's going to throw the kitchen sink at us with nothing to lose.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Our secondary can make anyone look good.

As terrible as Bridgewater looked yesterday, (and he looked godawful), we are talking about a secondary that was letting guys like Dalton and Mason march freely against them.

I don't know if we can count on our 'let the WR catch the midrange pass while completely open and hope they drop it' defense is going to work again as it did against the Steelers. The MVP of our defense yesterday was probably the Steeler receivers group.

Still, Bridgewater was terrible. Even as bad as our secondary is, will it matter? I don't know if Bridgewater could complete passes against guys defended only by orange road cones. It won't be an easy victory, because we are not that kind of team. But it at least lets us breathe easier because a healthy Brees would have wiped the floor with us.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Big Ben also done for the season. Will have surgery this week & is being placed on IR.

Can't say I'm surprised. It looked terrible.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1mhk7seh said:
I don’t think the refs are going to be in the bag for NO this game but for the whole playoffs. I think they get to the Super Bowl with a lot of league help.
At this point they have to worry about getting to the playoffs first.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1oo34hxa said:
Still, Bridgewater was terrible. Even as bad as our secondary is, will it matter? I don't know if Bridgewater could complete passes against guys defended only by orange road cones. It won't be an easy victory, because we are not that kind of team. But it at least lets us breathe easier because a healthy Brees would have wiped the floor with us.

I honestly think now that Payton knows Brees will be back in 6-7 weeks, he's going to split time between Bridgewater and Hill trying to make it as hard as possible for opponents to gameplan for their offense.

Hill is a hell of a dynamic player, he scares me far more than Bridgewater.......and I think we'll see a LOT of him Sunday.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":i5yplul7 said:
...........But it at least lets us breathe easier because a healthy Brees would have wiped the floor with us.
Pete Carroll Seahawk teams have almost never been floor wipers, the 42-7 shellacking by the Lambs notwithstanding.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Easy to ASSUME we would have lost to Brees. Come on man, this team rarely gets smoked. And they consistently knock of teams that supposedly are gonna' beat us even at home.

El Caliente

Reaction score
If we can come out of this 6 week span at 4-4, we should be healthy enough and prepped to win the NFC South. If we can win the division, then it’s a whole new ball game.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Well if you put any value in power rankings (I don't) this will keep us from climbing the ranks. Even if we win, no Brees so no street cred. Lame imo.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Word is we are looking at Vet QBs while Brees is out. I hope we aren’t trading any assets for backup qb, as that’s what got us in this mess with Bridgewater. I want us to run it with Bridgewater and Hill (as one of those guys should be in our future (post-Drew plans).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
El Caliente":dq3g5tl5 said:
Word is we are looking at Vet QBs while Brees is out. I hope we aren’t trading any assets for backup qb, as that’s what got us in this mess with Bridgewater. I want us to run it with Bridgewater and Hill (as one of those guys should be in our future (post-Drew plans).

FYI....RW is not available. :twisted:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
El Caliente":2jz28jso said:

Paxton Lynch is available...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
While it's frankly a relief to not have to face Brees and Roethlisberger with our DL missing Reed, Ansah, and an influential Collier (though I don't wish injury on a consummate pro like Brees), I would not count this game out. Payton can game plan on offense every bit as the hoodie can, and he has two workable quarterbacks and weapons to go around.

The LOB itself was beaten by game manager QB's like Austin Davis who knew what they were capable of and played patient. I have too much respect for Payton to think he won't know exactly how to beat our guys here and there if his QB's have the time.

chris98251

Reaction score
El Caliente":3oybwhn4 said:

Be the guys that bring Kaep back...………...

CHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3d1bmq4w said:
El Caliente":3d1bmq4w said:

Paxton Lynch is available...
Paxton signed with Pittsburgh

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

El Caliente

Reaction score
I would sign Kaep only to send a middle finger to the haters, but in terms of adding him to help the team...that’s a negative. I like our project in a Taysom Hill, and Teddy Two Gloves is a proven starter. We have no need for Kaep here.

I think Teddy has a 2-3 week look, and if he craps the bed get ready for Taysom Time. Neither will be as good as Brees, but they both provide a look that Drew doesn’t (both are mobile, neither is as quick on the draw as Drew). Ultimately I think if either of these guys can show out, then he will be the qb of the future here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plus, you have a creative coach who will probably bring out some crazy stuff on offense. I expect this to be a battle deep in to the 4th quarter.