Next up Pittsburgh Steelers

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Why does everyone think we will lose? Pittsburg is an ok team but not great. Everyone thinks because they played a bad game last week they will suddenly be great this week. They probably play better this week. But guess what. Does anyone think the Hawks will play any better is Pittsburg the only team that will? I think we can beat them. They are overrated. The Hawks are just getting started.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":bj3d8olu said:
Why does everyone think we will lose? Pittsburg is an ok team but not great... I think we can beat them. They are overrated. The Hawks are just getting started.
Speaking only for myself it is about taking a probabilistic view of the game due to the uncertainty of the NFL. It's fine to predict that we will win or lose, but in real life our chances are not simply 100% or 0%. In this case I think the odds are somewhere around 37%. I wouldn't be surprised if win, and we should win about 2 of the ~6 games we play this season as 3-5 point underdogs.

The reason we are (rightfully IMO) underdogs is our secondary and OL struggling (5th worst DVOA) in week 1 combined with our historic slow start on the east coast in 10AM EST games.

Our odds could still increase if the news this week is favorable. We have some key members (Britt, Iupati, Ansah, Collier) that are injury question marks and that is currently reflected in the spread.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":cjh43dp9 said:
We win by a field goal. Close game however!
I’ll take a close win in a 10am east coast game all day long, especially against the stealers.

rcaido

Reaction score
We are a better team than the Stealers but...10am & they have home field kind of makes it a toss up. I think if some of our guys who were injured plays, we should win.

Also Wilson loves to go lights out on top QBs and has beaten them all.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Chawker":2ba998fd said:
Is it me, or does Ben Roethlisberger looking more and more like Will Ferrell ? :lol:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1170902261972652033[/tweet]

vtxretro02

Reaction score
chawk asked: Anyone going to the game? I will be, hoping to see them crying in their terrible towels.

Yeah I will be there.. back east for training and Pittsburgh is only a couple hours away. My son is also up there working and has tickets purchased already ( level 100 near end zone pylon) . I try to make as many Seahawks games that I can in person in different stadiums. Will be fun for sure .

Hoping the HAWKS will pull out a win...

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":dg4ctkgp said:
We are a better team than the Stealers but...10am & they have home field kind of makes it a toss up. I think if some of our guys who were injured plays, we should win. .

Maybe we're a better team than the Steelers. Let's not overreact after the first game of the season........it takes a good 3-4 weeks before teams can really be evaluated.

What I do know is regardless of how good Pittsburgh is, they're going to come out Sunday with their hair on fire. Way too much talent, pride and quality of organization for them to not circle the wagons after getting embarrassed in Foxboro for me to think otherwise.

Fade

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":hycp3z39 said:
Why does everyone think we will lose? Pittsburg is an ok team but not great. Everyone thinks because they played a bad game last week they will suddenly be great this week. They probably play better this week. But guess what. Does anyone think the Hawks will play any better is Pittsburg the only team that will? I think we can beat them. They are overrated. The Hawks are just getting started.

They have to play the Zebras too.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Fade":1zxgqhws said:
Year of The Hawk":1zxgqhws said:

They have to play the Zebras too.

Agree.

I’m sure The Rooney’s are already complaining to Rog about the thought of starting 0-2

osprey6

Reaction score
vtxretro02":3eb7y2ic said:
chawk asked: Anyone going to the game? I will be, hoping to see them crying in their terrible towels.

Yeah I will be there.. back east for training and Pittsburgh is only a couple hours away. My son is also up there working and has tickets purchased already ( level 100 near end zone pylon) . I try to make as many Seahawks games that I can in person in different stadiums. Will be fun for sure .

Hoping the HAWKS will pull out a win...

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Yes, I'll be there too. Section 128, Row Y

AgentDib

Reaction score
rcaido":22c3lk7y said:
Also Wilson loves to go lights out on top QBs and has beaten them all.
I don't see how this is relevant. Are the Steelers giving Mason Rudolph a shot?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I am not going, but I know 2 posters here that are going. I have been to games with them and they are pretty cool.

On another note, I was talking to a friend about last weekends games and he mentioned that both our teams looked like shiznit. And he is correct. All the bugs are not out yet but they are working in progress on them. We both agreed it will be a good game. Yes, he is a Pitt fan. I am good with it.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
If Seattle goes into Pittsburgh with a tough attitude, like you cumps owe us one (our first superbowl) if you want to win this game you're going to have to take it from us. We'll win, other wise its going to be a long hard day for us.

Maybe the crisis queen will get a shot at winning the game.

Cheers