STL over WAS - Wrong
SC over PIT - Wrong
AZ over CHI - Right
SEA over GB - Wrong

Week 3
STL over PIT - Wrong
AZ over SC - Right ( 2 Points)
SEA over CHI - Right

Record to date 6-6 (RINGLESS miscounted)

Predictable week

GB (3-0) @ SC (1-2)

Santa Clara can't pressure the QB, and Kaepernick is looking like a lost puppy without Harbaugh. Green Bay is coming off short rest so that may keep the game a little closer, and Kap might break off a couple big runs, but it won't be enough.
That is if Santa Clara plays hard. They might just quit and let the blow out commence from the jump.

PICK: GB

STL (1-2) @ AZ (3-0)

(0-3) in games involving the Rams. (6-3 otherwise)
This will be a more interesting game then some might think. AZ has a not so good O-Line, and the Rams can rush the passer. So it will be uglied up, but the home team will prevail in the end.

PICK: AZ

DET (0-3) @ SEA (1-2)

Home night game for Seattle. I honestly can't remember the last time the Seahawks lost a home night game.

PICK: SEA

SF49r

Reaction score
SF over GB
Rams over Cardinals
Lions over Seahawks

Bring on the upsets :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Fade":1mqxsw6y said:
Week 1
SEA over STL - Wrong (2 points)
AZ over NO - Right
SC over MIN - Right

Week 2
STL over WAS - Wrong
SC over PIT - Wrong
AZ over CHI - Right
SEA over GB - Wrong

Week 3
STL over PIT - Wrong
AZ over SC - Right ( 2 Points)
SEA over CHI - Right

Record to date 6-6 (RINGLESS miscounted)

Predictable week

GB (3-0) @ SC (1-2)

Santa Clara can't pressure the QB, and Kaepernick is looking like a lost puppy without Harbaugh. Green Bay is coming off short rest so that may keep the game a little closer, and Kap might break off a couple big runs, but it won't be enough.
That is if Santa Clara plays hard. They might just quit and let the blow out commence from the jump.

PICK: GB

STL (1-2) @ AZ (3-0)

(0-3) in games involving the Rams. (6-3 otherwise)
This will be a more interesting game then some might think. AZ has a not so good O-Line, and the Rams can rush the passer. So it will be uglied up, but the home team will prevail in the end.

PICK: AZ

DET (0-3) @ SEA (1-2)

Home night game for Seattle. I honestly can't remember the last time the Seahawks lost a home night game.

PICK: SEA

I am curious to your comment about Arizona's O-line. They have only allowed 1 sack through three games. Football outsiders has them ranked as the #1 Pass blocking O-line through three weeks, and the #2 Run blocking O-line through three weeks.
Veldheer is considered elite at LT. He allowed 1 sack on 644 Pass attempts in 2014 and has allowed zero this season on 88 attempts. Or 1 sack in the last 732 pass attempts. That includes games against Seattle twice last year, Rams, and 49ers.

Ted Larsen has been unbelievable at LG thus far and will be replaced by Iupati. Yes I know his weakness is pass blocking, but he is considered a road grader at run blocking.

Our Center position is most likely are weakest position on the line. I'd say he is really average in almost every way.

Cooper has finally been playing up to his 1st round pick status now that he is healthy. He's made some key blocks to open up the run game.

Massie is back, and his backup played well enough to steal the job. Massie just happens to be better at pass blocking.

Between the 5 we have given up the 2nd least QB hits, and the least amount of sacks.

The reason I ask is I feel this is one of our biggest strengths this year. In fact I think it's the reason we have been so successful.

Rex

Reaction score
Have the Big Red faced a D line as strong as the Rams?

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Rex":1zdq8ypk said:

Not this season. However, I heard from a little bird that they are looking forward to tucking the Rams season into an early bed time this year with a 1-3 start while the adults stay up to figure things out. Supposedly old Jeff doesn't like to stay up late into the season. Which adult do you think you'll be rooting for after this week? Seahawks or Cardinals :0190l: :0190l:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ringless":w6djorqi said:
Rex":w6djorqi said:

Not this season. However, I heard from a little bird that they are looking forward to tucking the Rams season into an early bed time this year with a 1-3 start while the adults stay up to figure things out. Supposedly old Jeff doesn't like to stay up late into the season. Which adult do you think you'll be rooting for after this week? Seahawks or Cardinals :0190l: :0190l:
Maybe he'll just continue to root for injuries to opposing team's QBs?

Fade

Reaction score
ringless":cx1z14gm said:
I am curious to your comment about Arizona's O-line. They have only allowed 1 sack through three games. Football outsiders has them ranked as the #1 Pass blocking O-line through three weeks, and the #2 Run blocking O-line through three weeks.
Veldheer is considered elite at LT. He allowed 1 sack on 644 Pass attempts in 2014 and has allowed zero this season on 88 attempts. Or 1 sack in the last 732 pass attempts. That includes games against Seattle twice last year, Rams, and 49ers.

Ted Larsen has been unbelievable at LG thus far and will be replaced by Iupati. Yes I know his weakness is pass blocking, but he is considered a road grader at run blocking.

Our Center position is most likely are weakest position on the line. I'd say he is really average in almost every way.

Cooper has finally been playing up to his 1st round pick status now that he is healthy. He's made some key blocks to open up the run game.

Massie is back, and his backup played well enough to steal the job. Massie just happens to be better at pass blocking.

Between the 5 we have given up the 2nd least QB hits, and the least amount of sacks.

The reason I ask is I feel this is one of our biggest strengths this year. In fact I think it's the reason we have been so successful.

The Saints, Bears, & Niners are 3 of the worst pass rushing teams in football. The Rams are one of the best pass rushing teams in football. The Cardinals O-Line is mediocre to bad at every spot except for Veldheer who is a stud.

The point is the opponent matters. Example - The Colts go 11-5 every year only because they play in the AFC SOUTH 6-0 in that wretched division 5-5 outside of it.

Breaking down the players

LT - Elite.
LG - mediocre / career journey man w/short arms - Aaron Donald is going to destroy him
C - trash - I thought he was cut - and has been bad for years.
RG - Injury prone w/potential / playing out of position. Should be the Center.
RT - trash - I can't believe you are talking up Massie. He is the reason the Cards spent a 1st on an OT.

Watford - career backup at best.
Iupati - horrible in pass pro (it is actually a good thing he isn't playing in this game.) and injury prone. Waste of Money.
D.J. Humphries - EPIC FAIL 1st round pick and can't even find the field despite injuries and suspensions to the other starters.

No Homer here the Seattle O-Line is worse.

LT - Avg
LG - trash - career backup / only starts because he was a 2nd round pick.
C - mediocre w/potential (D-Line convert started only 3 games in career.)
RG - mediocre - the delusional Tom Cable thinks he is an All-Pro.
RT - trash w/potential (TE convert started only 3 games in career.)

Largent80

Reaction score
Rams are getting into their normal groove so another loss is obvious.

Hawks will roll and are going in the opposite direction.

Niners are.... :lol:

Rex

Reaction score
ringless":39vikixq said:
Rex":39vikixq said:

I'm a free agent. Make an offer. No, definitely too early for that with the Rams going 11-5 this season. I have to say if it is between the Big Red and the Seahawks.....and this to be sure is in the realm of fantasy but I'll play along......my previous decades of Big Red fandom will kick in and with Michael now at the helm it would definitely be the Big Red as my choice. :th2thumbs:

ptisme

Reaction score
ringless":3ix4kc2c said:
The 49ers will be hosting the Green Bay Packers who last year went 4-4 on the road. If SF is going to have any shot at winning this their run game is going to need to have a special game. Even when trailing last week SF never tried to pass. I'd expect the last thing they want this week is a Rodgers Kap shootout because that's clearly not the strength of the team. The 49ers are having a huge issue creating pressure on the QB, and the DB's have often been out of place. Unless something has changed this week it would seem that Aaron Rodgers is going to have a great game. I think SF faces the biggest challenge this week in getting a victory, and ultimately it could be another ugly game for them. GB 37 SF 17

Opening Line: Green Bay -8.5
Packers DVOA: 51.0% 49ers: -51.4%
Offense: #1 Offense: 29th
Defense: #9 Defense: 30th
Green Bay has done a great job defending beast mode and Jamaal Charles the last two weeks. This week they get their best run defender on the dline back from suspension: Letroy Guilion. The wildcard will be Kap making plays with his legs because I don't see the running game getting going against the Packers.

ptisme

Reaction score
Rex":2imnjgfq said:
iigakusei":2imnjgfq said:
Rex":2imnjgfq said:
Ramfan128":2imnjgfq said:
I'll be happy if we don't get blown out by the Cardinals this week. Next week the Packers are going to destroy us.

Geez keep the faith. Next two games the teams playing the Rams get to play their backup QBs for the rest of the season.
Hoping for injuries? Kind of pathetic no?

Don't put words in my mouth because I'll spit them right back at you. Not hoping.....merely confident in the tremendous pressure the Rams D line will get on CP and Rodgers. Williams will get these games right. Whenever the consensus is the Rams will lose.....that is the game they show up for in a big way. And with this Rams team in a big way is most likely the D line which is due for some serious QB poaching. If the QB gets hurt cry to their OC and O line coach not me. :th2thumbs:
LOL, You think the Rams are going to put all this pressure on Rodgers in Lambeau? At Lambeau: Nobody pressures Rodgers, Rodgers does the pressuring...

Rex

Reaction score
ptisme":2jgyv0h1 said:
LOL, You think the Rams are going to put all this pressure on Rodgers in Lambeau? At Lambeau: Nobody pressures Rodgers, Rodgers does the pressuring...

Not against the St. Louis Rams! :0190l:

ptisme

Reaction score
Rex":12vdywpm said:
ptisme":12vdywpm said:

Not against the St. Louis Rams! :0190l:
Yeah, I've heard that before... Rodgers is on a mission this year and his Oline has been stout...

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
I'm late to the party, but:

AZ wins 4-0
Rams lose 1-3
Hawks win 2-2
Niners lose 1-3

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Rex,
Why didn't the Rams practice today? What is the reasoning behind that. Ask Jeff these questions for me. Also by not practicing was it a complete off day? Did they watch film study tendencies? Did they go to disneyland?

RedAlice

Reaction score
ringless":7k2h45vv said:
Rex,
Why didn't the Rams practice today? What is the reasoning behind that. Ask Jeff these questions for me. Also by not practicing was it a complete off day? Did they watch film study tendencies? Did they go to disneyland?

We had a thread about this earlier. Rams have changed their practice days.

In an effort to have his team fresher for Sunday games, Rams head coach Jeff Fisher has changed his team's practice days. Most NFL: teams give their players off Tuesday, then have big practice days on Wednesday and Thursday. Fisher has decided to have his Rams practice Tuesday and Wednesday, then give the players Thursday off. Fisher hopes the changed day off will make his team fresher and recovered more for that coming Sunday's game.

http://fox2now.com/2015/09/17/rams-chan ... r-sundays/

Now, if they could just change their losing days.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... e-schedule

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
RedAlice":27davh4p said:
ringless":27davh4p said:
Rex,

In an effort to have his team fresher for Sunday games, Rams head coach Jeff Fisher has changed his team's practice days. Most NFL: teams give their players off Tuesday, then have big practice days on Wednesday and Thursday. Fisher has decided to have his Rams practice Tuesday and Wednesday, then give the players Thursday off. Fisher hopes the changed day off will make his team fresher and recovered more for that coming Sunday's game.

I see thank you. I was very curious as to that decision however that makes sense.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":43fhb8as said:
ringless":43fhb8as said:
Rex,

Perhaps you meant "change their losing ways" since losing on other days is still losing?

SuperMan28

Reaction score
Rams
Hawks
Packers

Those are my winners

Rams play up to superior teams and play down to inferior teams. Factor in the fact the Rams play their division really tough and you got my upset pick.

Gonna be tough to pick them against GB, though. If Gurley breaks out then I say we can beat GB, too. Time for Mr. Hyde to show up and the poor doc to be put to sleep.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Arizona 4-0
Seattle 2-2
St. Louis 1-3
San Francisco 1-3

I'm nowhere near believing Arizona is anything more than the product of the embarrassingly bad teams masquerading as NFL franchises they've played so far. But the Rams only seem to think the Seahawks are worth the effort to actually get up for.